Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The lore of WoW is fascinating...just sometimes, it's not executed well in-game.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Secondly, when Blizzard turns a normal "thinking" character into a loot piñata, I expect an explanation as to how he reach such a state from his former state - he has "gone mad" has be so over used in WoW.
    The thing is, you're using the word loot piñata wrong. When he was first released, Illidan was hard to kill. He's only become easy because we out level him so much.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    The thing is, you're using the word loot piñata wrong. When he was first released, Illidan was hard to kill. He's only become easy because we out level him so much.
    His only purpose was still to give players loot, reason being that he has gone stark raving mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    I bet you're the type of person who thinks anime is the epitome of storytelling.
    Not all the time, but there are certainly some animes out there with very engaging stories. It's not all DBZ type stuff.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    His only purpose was still to give players loot, reason being that he has gone stark raving mad.
    Usually the term loot pinata is given to bosses that are ridiculously easy, such as Morchok from DS or Gunship in ICC or the Vault type bosses.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    By that argument every single boss in the game is a loot piñata. We fight and kill Ilidan because he's evil, and would do evil things otherwise. He's not any more crazy when we see him in The Black Temple than when we last saw him in Warcraft 3.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

I like lore but it is a far secondary compared to gameplay.

If they can make a villain awesome, that is good.
    If not, i won't cry over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    It's all subjective, whats a good story to one might not be for someone else, same goes for characters. I personally really enjoy most of the villains and Heroes in WoW. I love the storylines, the books are fab, and I get excited when new books/patches come out.
    sorry but pretty much all the decent heroes and villians are either dead or MIA

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    the he has gone mad lets kill him villains of WoW - either that or the villain is "naturally evil".
    Seems like you'r the guy that doesn't read quest text. Why would you? That other game have some "nice" cinematics.