Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tips for Ji-kun?

Hey all,

My guild is attempting Ji-Kun Friday or saturday, if anyone has any helpful tips it would be much appreciated.
    Currently we run:
    Tanks: pally druid
    Mdps: fwar fdk
    Rdps: frost mage ele sham and surv hunter
    Heals: hpally, rsham, hpriest

Any tips are much appreciated

Normal Ji-kun? Because I found this fight as easy as the first boss, honestly. I'm ordinarily a holy priest and I just go disc and DPS the boss the entire time, atonement pretty much solo heals the entire fight. I'm honestly surprised anyone would be asking about normal mode and automatically assume you mean heroic which I have no experience with yet, but if you do mean normal my advice is to try him and see if you even need advice.

Warning: This is NOT helpful, it is very condescending, please avoid such response. "Oh I killed him, boss is ez, you should have no problem," that's essentially what you're saying. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-23 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Normal Ji-kun? Because I found this fight as easy as the first boss, honestly. I'm ordinarily a holy priest and I just go disc and DPS the boss the entire time, atonement pretty much solo heals the entire fight. I'm honestly surprised anyone would be asking about normal mode and automatically assume you mean heroic which I have no experience with yet, but if you do mean normal my advice is to try him and see if you even need advice.
    our biggest problem with ji-kun so far is randomly having the flying buff disappear

Quote Originally Posted by Kewi View Post
    our biggest problem with ji-kun so far is randomly having the flying buff disappear
    Have two nest teams, one that takes all except the second lower one and one that only take the second lower one. This way the buff shouldnt disappear and if it do you have 3 backup ppl to prevent a wipe.
    My 10 man 2 nights 6 hours a week raiding guild at 7/7M + 3/3M + 5/10M
    www.avalerion.euo

Quote Originally Posted by Kewi View Post
    It doesnt randonly disapear, you have 4 charges of it, thats all. Grab another feather and youll have another 4 charges. However everytime you get a feather you get a debuf and cant get feather till this debuf expire (it lasts 1 minute).

Have 2 groups, group 1 will be off 2 dps and 1 healer, and group 2 will be 3 dps and 1 healer.
    The nest order will be like this:
    Nest 1 Lower: Group 1 + 1 random dps (this is just to have someone the get the wing buff to do extra dmg on the boss)
    Nest 2 Lower: Group 2
    Nest 3 Lower: Group 1 + 1 random dps (If dps is too high you should wait until the debuff to not be able to get more wings fll)
    Nest 4 Upper: Group 1 (Quills)
    Nest 5 Upper: Group 1
    Nest 6 Upper: Group 1 (Kill the eggs, wait for Quills then jump back to the boss)

The random dps and the group 2 will use every wing to get the buff from the boss to push more dps, if you get the boss at something like 30% after you do the Nest 6 repeat the order on Nest 1 and 2 then burn the boss with BL.

Also looks like you lose the wings buff if you fly too high (more than necessary), just like Icarus.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

What's with all these crazy strats. Just assign 3 people (2 aoe cleave and a healer) to fly around 3 bottom -> 3 top -> 3 bottom and then burn boss. This is how we did it without even knowing about the feather buff the first week. It's just normal mode.

Yeah, and have your not-atm-tanking tank soak the green pools.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

Deleted
    We used 2 groups consisting of 2 dps and 1 heal each.
    Group 1 gets the first nest on the bottom (to get feather buffs), then has dps time on the boss until the 3 upper nests spawn (it's always the same order on the nests). This pattern repeats for group 1, so if they cleared the 3rd upper nest (the one directly above Ji-Kun) they take the next lower nest again to grab feathers and wait for the 3 uppers to spawn.
    Group 2 only cares about lower nests (except those that group 1 anounces they need for feathers).

Deleted
    We just did it last night in our 8th try. We assigned 2 hunters and disc priest for nests, they also failed a bit on our kill we had some birds spaming attacks on us in the end. The fight is mostly how fast your 3 players that are on the nest get the hang on them.
    And ye we had a rogue and our tanks soak the pools in the first 50% then we left them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    Group 1 gets the first nest on the bottom (to get feather buffs), then has dps time on the boss until the 3 upper nests spawn (it's always the same order on the nests). This pattern repeats for group 1, so if they cleared the 3rd upper nest (the one directly above Ji-Kun) they take the next lower nest again to grab feathers and wait for the 3 uppers to spawn.
    Group 2 only cares about lower nests (except those that group 1 anounces they need for feathers).
    We 2 heal everything. Do we need to do some kind of weird 3 healing if this is the proper strategy? Cant have both healers off the platform at the same time.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HolgerDK View Post
    Yeah, and have your not-atm-tanking tank soak the green pools.
    If you have a Paladin in your group they can soak extra pools and bubble off the debuff f I believe. Get them to use hand of purity too and they can soak pools like a boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccKep View Post
    We 2 heal everything. Do we need to do some kind of weird 3 healing if this is the proper strategy? Cant have both healers off the platform at the same time.
    We used the same strategy and I think it's by far the most effective one (with non-assigned dpsers dropping down and taking a feather when there's room as well, to get the food buff), it's really not complicated and makes the fight an even bigger cakewalk (it's a very easy fight with any somewhat sane strategy though).

You don't need to have three healers, one hybrid with access to a decent healing cd/two hybrids can easily achive the same thing, so just make sure that the grp without a "real" healer have one or two of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem we had with our 25 man was the flight buff randomly disappearing. As long as you execute your strategy properly this fight should not pose many problems.

Soak green crap with deterrence during quils, should work fine to 3stacks. Just give healers a headsup
    We had lock/resto druid and mage going around on platforms.
    feral, hunter, fury war on boss (and 2 tanks, 2 healers).

Most would soak some pools and pala can remove the debuff, got it on 3rd pull and none had seen tacs for it.

We have a rogue (me), a hunter, and a pally doing eggs only. I get the benefit of having 2 groups but its honestly easier to just have one dedicated group IMO.

I've never had the flying buff drop ever. Each feather gives u 4 stacks of flying and a min debuff before u can refresh your flying stacks.

3 lower platform goes like this:
    Jump to 1st platform kill eggs fly to main platform dps boss and wait for feed young = 3 stacks
    Fly to second platform (intercept feed young) = 2 stacks left, you don't and can't refresh stack here, fly back to main platform wait for feed young = 1 left
    Fly to third platform (intercept feed young) = 0, here you get 4 fresh stacks. Fly back to main and wait for upper platforms to light up = 3 stacks.

You will have enough for the upper 3 platforms. Repeat this twice (2 upper 2 lower) lust and burn boss. You could prob do half of the 2nd upper round if you have enough dps but the point is to ignore eggs once boss drops to below 30% hp.

Once you consume a stack you have about 10-15 secs before you lose your flying buff. Your raiders need to manage their flying buff better

we
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    We 2-healed it. We left both healers on the main platform and an ele shaman and destro lock (me) did all the nests. As a lock, I have enough self-heals, CDs, etc... to be able to do this without receiving any heals, even if I stay on the nest during quills, but the ele shaman had to heal himself a bit.

We realized the timing with quills is always the same, so it was easy to manage to be in the main platform between nests just for aoe heals during that (although not strictly necessary with our comp). It happens after the second nests, and the 6th I believe.

We assigned the extra feathers to our other 4 dps, so they could pick up 2 feathers on the first next, and 2 on the next. The flyers could recharge their feathers on the 3rd nest when the one minute debuff falls off.

Pretty simple fight. Killed it pretty quickly with most of the group pretty much facerolling.

As some others have mentioned, no crazy strat is needed. We did it for the 1st time with 1 flying team (2 aoe/cleavers and 1 healer). On the main platform we had 2 healers and lusted/burned around 20-25%. Though I'd like to try 1 or 2-healing it now, for a 1st kill just keep it simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    The only problem we had with our 25 man was the flight buff randomly disappearing. As long as you execute your strategy properly this fight should not pose many problems.
    I can explain one seemingly random fly buff disappearance. There is a height limit on the feathers. You can try it out after you defeat the boss when you all got wings. I was assigned to the top platform above the main platform and on my way to the next platform I spammed space a couple of times while flying and suddenly, for no apparent reason, you ain't flying no more.

Here is a video showing how to avoid having your wings removed on the highest 2 platforms.

"Gauging the health of a game by reading its forums is akin to gauging the health of a community by visiting its hospitals." - Ghostcrawler quoting someone else.