Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arent you all tired of all "elitist vs casuals" debates?

This is really getting out of hands - every single thread starts and ends in the same manner - flamewars between two "factions"?
    Even most innocent posts about architecture of Org/SW ends like that...
    Cant we just stop it? So boring forums it becomes...

Or just make separate forums - "General - elitists only" and "General-casuals only".

OR - even separate wow game servers? Oh yes, that would be great servers to play, calm and peaceful...

10+ Year Old Account
    Its an endless battle that will never go away, the best way to deal with it is to not get involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, I'm just tired of people who think they're more valuable than everyone else because they do (x) in (y) way.

I mean, everyone knows that I am above all of them. All gamers are my sons! :P
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

This thread is going to end up as a elitist/casual flame war as well.

But yeah, incredibly bored, and also shocked that people seriously invest energy in such juvenile bullshit. I just can't believe that people even care. It's as dumb as things can get.

And tired of people who keep dredging them up again. This sort of thread is no more constructive than any other one on the topic and could easily be closed with no one missing it :S

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Or just make separate forums - "General - elitists only" and "General-casuals only".

OR - even separate wow game servers? Oh yes, that would be great servers to play, calm and peaceful...
    Then people would just find some new way to differentiate, label, and ultimately belittle anyone outside of their own group.

Segregation also leads to far worse discrimination and hatred. We hate what we fear, and we fear what we don't understand. This is, unfortunately, human nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really getting out of hands - every single thread starts and ends in the same manner - flamewars between two "factions"?

You'd end up with the two forums look like this:

1. Elitist forums - rather empty. The real elite players are active on their guild forums and blogs.
    2. Casual forums - filled up. They'd enjoy themselves until some wannabe's intrude and disturb the peace.

I strongly believe that "elitsts" are a range of people who give Elite Players a bad name. I have yet to meet one elite player who was a jerk. All I ever met have been very nice.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marthsk View Post
    Nah, I'm just tired of people who think they're more valuable than everyone else because they do (x) in (y) way.

I mean, everyone knows that I am above all of them. All gamers are my sons! :P
    Go home dad, you're drunk.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You'd end up with the two forums look like this:

1. Elitist forums - rather empty. The real elite players are active on their guild forums and blogs.
    2. Casual forums - filled up. They'd enjoy themselves until some wannabe's intrude and disturb the peace.

I strongly believe that "elitsts" are a range of people who give Elite Players a bad name. I have yet to meet one elite player who was a jerk. All I ever met have been very nice.
    Nah, elitist forums would be spilling over with posts. Because some people kind of feel bad about being more of a casual player. So, that sort of people wouldn't admit that they're just playing casually and would prefer pretending to be hardcore.

In short: No use debating this. Idea not needed. Thread not needed. Somebody tell me why I'm posting here anyway *runs away*

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering you are calling hardcore gamers "Elitists" instead of "Hardcore" I see which "faction"
    you belong to yourself. Starting a thread like this you should really try to stay more neutral.

And it's not like people are either Hardcore or Casual. It's not X or Y. Some people play more and
    some people play less seriously. Who decides at which point you are a hardcore gamer?

Calling hardcore gamers "Elitists" is the same as calling casual gamers "scrubs" or "baddies".
    So why not name the forums / realms:

General - "Scrubnubs"
    General - "Hardcore"

The people who you call elitists are players who enjoy beating challenges and improving your
    skill at the game more than story and aesthetics. If you can't handle an opinion about the game
    that differs from your one you probably shouldn't spend much time on a video game forum.

Doesn't matter if you are more of a casual player or a hardcore one. You should not get butthurt
    so much if someone has a different opinion or a view about the game than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no casual, but I would never consider myself an elitist. I'm a player.

Elitist =/= Hardcore
    Hardcores are too busy doing stuff in game to engage in pointless arguments
    Casuals wouldn't have arguments, just general complaint threads. There would be disagreement, but none of the "L2P" garbage you see from the elitists.

The issue is the elitist attitude that some have. The solution is for them to find something besides a video game to stake their ego on.

Good luck.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I'm only tired of pseudo-elitists and if we're honest, that's the vast majority of players. It's those guys who when you armory them on the official forums have never accomplished ANYTHING meaningful, have never done anything more than maybe the first boss in hardmode, never gotten any PvP rating achievments and so on.

Yet these people are often the ones belittling both far more accomplished and new players and are constantly whining about how "easy" the game has become, when world ranking heroic guilds are falling apart left and right because the time investment alongside the effort required has become insane (16 hours and more a day) compared to the "oh so hardcore" bc for example.

We're still talking about a video game right? So if someone thinks that because they spend more time playing a game then they can look down on others......well that's kind of humorous. Go be hardcore in real life, do something REAL to be proud of and stop treating a video game like anything more than it is.

A) You can be an elitist whether you play casual or hardcore, so why generalize hardcore players that way?
    B) You kind of started a debate about 'hardcore vs. casual' gamers by the same hand.

Why do hardcores always expect their own seperate forum content that's only for them?

/runs off, chuckling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    I'm no casual, but I would never consider myself an elitist. I'm a player.
    Sage word, really may i quote it

Casuals shouldn't use forums, would make all games so much better.

To me it seems that more and more former elitists become casuals that still know their shit inside out, but only do lfr casually instead of progression raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Casuals shouldn't use forums, would make all games so much better.
    ..and the forum pop<s will drop by about 60%...
    do not confuse Casual with baddies.