Thread: Black Desert

7+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys

So this game is constantly on the front page of steams most popular sales and was thinking of giving it a shot, but is that because its a good game or because its fairly cheap? $10 for a MMORPG is pretty decent i guess.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    B/c it's cheap and pretty, plus the combat is fun. The game itself goes stale in like...30 minutes to be honest. Doesn't mean I don't recommend it, but yeah...people aren't buying it b/c it's a super popular MMO that millions of people play. That's still just FFXIV and WoW.
    BAD WOLF

it is a good game

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Hey guys

So this game is constantly on the front page of steams most popular sales and was thinking of giving it a shot, but is that because its a good game or because its fairly cheap? $10 for a MMORPG is pretty decent i guess.
    It's popular on Steam because it's a cheap $10 game that you can play whenever and it looks amazing. The combat system is one of the best I've had in a MMO however the enemy AI is so atrociously stupid that you never need to use any of the fancy controls to mow down swarms of enemies, using only a few types attacks to effectively kill anything.

I personally just can't get into it, but I'm not a sandbox or PvP game fan, which this game is. If you like sand boxy and PvP games you may enjoy it.

I wish other MMO's had the same level of detail for character creation and graphics along with its combat mechanics, but IMO that's about the only things this game has going for it.

You mean the trial is $10. If you wish to continue playing you’re gonna spend $90+ to feel like you’re doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    You mean the trial is $10. If you wish to continue playing you’re gonna spend $90+ to feel like you’re doing something.
    I haven't spent a single penny on it other than the initial purchase and I feel like I'm doing something on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    The combat system is one of the best I've had in a MMO however the enemy AI is so atrociously stupid that you never need to use any of the fancy controls to mow down swarms of enemies, using only a few types attacks to effectively kill anything.
    Tell me about it...levelling a Mystic and quite literally all you need to do is Shift+RMB followed by LMB over and over and over and everything will die. Still fun though

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    I haven't spent a single penny on it other than the initial purchase and I feel like I'm doing something on it.

Tell me about it...levelling a Mystic and quite literally all you need to do is Shift+RMB followed by LMB over and over and over and everything will die. Still fun though
    so you’re telling me you don’t need 5 pets and weight to enjoy the game? Cuz if you are, idk wtf you’re playing bdo for. I might sound a little rude, but it angers me when ppl say you don’t need to spend more than the initial price in order to grind in BDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Hey guys

The game has micro-transactions in the shop, hence why it is cheap, getting 1-55 is fairly easy now on PC, its the grind that turns some wstern players away,

it is a good solo game, but if you can find a good pop server with a guild in your timezone, pvp is fun, and the guild missions are fun as well.

- - - Updated - - -

no, steam has it on sale at current for $10 for the standard edition,

the trial is actually free and has been for almost a year,

the trial only lasts for 7 days now, where it used to last 21 days.

- - - Updated - - -

so you’re telling me you don’t need 5 pets and weight to enjoy the game? Cuz if you are, idk wtf you’re playing bdo for. I might sound a little rude, but it angers me when ppl say you don’t need to spend more than the initial price in order to grind in BDO.
    yes you could do that, and buy that stuff, or you can play the game and unlock bag space and weight by playing it, let your character afk over night, in safe zones carrying trade goods to get weight increse etc... the cash shop items are there for INSTANT boost to carry/weight etc... playing the game can get you that stuff as well.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

I have 1 pet, which I got when I bought the game as a special edition. Never spent a dime on the game outside of a costume long time ago, so no additional pet or weight. I have no problem grinding.

I'd say 1 pet is a must to have, I wouldnt see myself manually loot, but the rest is extra QoL, not "If you wish to continue playing you’re gonna spend $90+ to feel like you’re doing something." like you said at all.

Well I'm enjoying it with the 1 pet I got for free and my characters all have around 450 to 500 weight limit (which might well be terrible but it seems to do me just fine) and I usually travel around with my trading wagon so I can dump stuff in there if I'm running low on room / weight. Sorry if that angers you but I haven't seen the need to buy anything from the cash shop at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    yes you could do that, and buy that stuff, or you can play the game and unlock bag space and weight by playing it, let your character afk over night, in safe zones carrying trade goods to get weight increse etc...
    One day I'll get around to doing that although from what I've read the weight increase you get from that isn't that great compared to time taken to earn it.

15+ Year Old Account
    500 weight limit is like 15-20 minutes (= nothing, in BDO terms) of grinding.

If you actually want to grind and get money and xp, you need to buy the weight limits.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Ok, I see where you guys are coming from. You’re still BDO virgins. 1 pet and “500” weight are no where near enough once you actually have average gear. 5 pets and weight is a must if you want to grind for money, heck even lifeskills characters need the weight lol.

Ok, I see where you guys are coming from. You’re still BDO virgins. 1 pet and “500” weight are no where near enough once you actually have average gear. 5 pets and weight is a must if you want to grind for money, heck even lifeskills characters need the weight lol.
    Maby they don't care for gear or money tho, maby they just play to explore the world or something where killing mobs for thousands of hrs isen't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Maby they don't care for gear or money tho, maby they just play to explore the world or something where killing mobs for thousands of hrs isen't needed.
    Can’t explore the world if they get one shot by mobs hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    that's a contradiction though, you will hit a road block eventually to the point where you need to mass grind. That is the whole point of the game is to grind.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    One day I'll get around to doing that although from what I've read the weight increase you get from that isn't that great compared to time taken to earn it.
    nope it really isnt, you get like 2-3 weight per lvl of strength at the earlier lvls,
    but the higher lvls earn you more,
    raising these and your life skills also gets you a daily income.

yes the shop gives you an instant increase of like 300 weight (like 50 strenght lvls which takes about a month of overnight grinding every night to get).

so i can see why people use the shop, it isnt a requirement to buy them though, thats my point, as you can AFK grind the stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    500 weight limit is like 15-20 minutes (= nothing, in BDO terms) of grinding.

If you actually want to grind and get money and xp, you need to buy the weight limits.
    how the hell do you do that much in 20 mins, please explain as it is not that fast.

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    how the hell do you do that much in 20 mins, please explain as it is not that fast.
    I fill 1400 in an hour easily. And you need to take into account that if your weight limit is 500, even with empty inventory your limit is much smaller than that due to your gear having a weight, too. Gear weights like 100 or something, not to mention potions and other crap you might be carrying. So you really have only 400 free space compared to 1300 with a 1400 max limit.

How do you fill 1400 in an hour (or even faster)? Kill fast, have 5 good pets.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I fill 1400 in an hour easily. And you need to take into account that if your weight limit is 500, even with empty inventory your limit is much smaller than that due to your gear having a weight, too. Gear weights like 100 or something, not to mention potions and other crap you might be carrying. So you really have only 400 free space compared to 1300 with a 1400 max limit.

How do you fill 1400 in an hour (or even faster)? Kill fast, have 5 good pets.

oh i read your statement, as you could get your weight bonus to 500 in 20 mins without buying things in the Store,

all good, i was just going over the bonus weight you can get from Strength training.

Deleted
    I tried this game a little in beta and wasn't really into it back then. However, I just bought it (it's so cheap now) and I must say that I've fallen in love with the game =) It is like Eve online in a way, but without being in a spaceship. With my work schedule and all I like being able to progress my character through afk business. I'm also impressed that the game has so many players, since theme park mmos have been so popular for so long. Most of all I find it refreshing that a lot of people play this game, even though the endgame is very pvp, and other mmos have moved to removing pvp servers. This shows that players are not afraid of pvp and even the addition to risks with pvp in the world. I'm really happy that I started playing this game

My only issue is that it seems hard to get into serious guilds, like guilds running castle siege, it seems like you must have strong gear to be able to join, and from what it seems the largest guilds aren't even recruiting? From what I understand there is a restriction of only 80 players being allowed in same guild and I guess that leads to harder demands what is needed from a player to actually be recruited.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    My only issue is that it seems hard to get into serious guilds, like guilds running castle siege, it seems like you must have strong gear to be able to join, and from what it seems the largest guilds aren't even recruiting? From what I understand there is a restriction of only 80 players being allowed in same guild and I guess that leads to harder demands what is needed from a player to actually be recruited.
    That's the case in many, many Asian MMOs. This is mostly solved by alliance systems, which I think are great, since they allow the guilds to basically become one (just without shared guild banks and guild chat) without having to go through all the hassle with merging and problems with breaking up in the future, if things don't go as planned. This also reduces the potential of a single limitless guild to completely dominate a server, which is very important for heavy PvP oriented games.

But then, I don't know if BDO actually has an alliance system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.