does sword sword racial for humans translate to spell hit?

SO i picked up the 496 weapon form our TOES raid last night. Was using a 502 staff but with the sha gem the sword and Lei-Shen off hand gives me more spell power so decided to roll with it til i geta 522 out of our ToT run. Well im having trouble getting 15% hit. My profile page shows me at 5109 hit and it being worth 16.03% hit.

Does the human sword racial giving expertise translate to spell hit also? Id imagine it would since expertise gems and reforge gives spell hit. Just wanting to be sure it isnt me looking at something wrong or being bugged.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the 1% expertise you get when wielding a sword does translate to 1% spell hit.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Yes, it does.

As does the Mace racial (Shadow Priests) for Humans, Mace racial for Dwarves (Shadow Priests, Elemental Shamans), Short Blades (Dagger/One-Handed Sword) racial for Gnomes (Warlock, Mage, Shadow Priest), and Axe racial for Orcs (Elemental Shaman). Some of them can prove more difficult for some classes to utilize, like the Caster Axe for an Orc Shaman... not many of those around.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Axe racial for Orcs (Elemental Shaman). Some of them can prove more difficult for some classes to utilize, like the Caster Axe for an Orc Shaman... not many of those around.
    Bit offtopic, but the Orc racial includes fist weapons, and it shouldn't be too difficult to get the caster fist weapon off Council (http://www.wowdb.com/items/94760-amu...rending-talons)
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Bit offtopic, but the Orc racial includes fist weapons, and it shouldn't be too difficult to get the caster fist weapon off Council (http://www.wowdb.com/items/94760-amu...rending-talons)
    Trouble is you can't actually use a fistweapon as a Warlock. http://www.wowpedia.org/Class_proficiencies

Oh wait, you were reffering to the Shaman of course. nvm then

IIRC the orcs racial applys to wands...? may be wrong tho.

Quote Originally Posted by hurtgen View Post
    IIRC the orcs racial applys to wands...? may be wrong tho.
    It used to do, but it has been fixed. It was a bug that considered wands as being unarmed, in other words it went under the fist weapon racial.