How much gear can be shared? Resto / ele questions.

So I run main spec resto and offspec ele on my shaman, but I am trying to make sure that I am capable of pulling both well. There is an armory link in my signature to my shaman, Lovehchile. I'm basically just curious how much gear I can share, and how badly it's going to hurt my dps if the pieces I am sharing are forged for resto. I'm not going insanely into spirit because I don't have mana issues, but I will have more spirit than needed for ele. I have some peices I can reforge for elemental, but it seems silly to me to use a 476 back when I have a 502 back, ect. I do have 2pc t14 set for ele, and http://www.wowhead.com/item=86893 however, I have not completed enough of the quests to get the gem for it yet, so I've been using what I've currently got equipped. I'm pulling about 50k dps in 5mans, have yet to run a lfr or normal raid as ele. Just want to make sure I'm viable if my guild needs me. Thanks! <3

Deleted
    You will need to regem and reforge fully if you want to progress on something that isn't trivial, but the rest of the gear is absolutely useable. The only thing that you need to get are trinkets, with the VP one being very good and the darkmoon card still being decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovechile View Post
    So I run main spec resto and offspec ele on my shaman, but I am trying to make sure that I am capable of pulling both well. There is an armory link in my signature to my shaman, Lovehchile. I'm basically just curious how much gear I can share, and how badly it's going to hurt my dps if the pieces I am sharing are forged for resto. I'm not going insanely into spirit because I don't have mana issues, but I will have more spirit than needed for ele. I have some peices I can reforge for elemental, but it seems silly to me to use a 476 back when I have a 502 back, ect. I do have 2pc t14 set for ele, and http://www.wowhead.com/item=86893 however, I have not completed enough of the quests to get the gem for it yet, so I've been using what I've currently got equipped. I'm pulling about 50k dps in 5mans, have yet to run a lfr or normal raid as ele. Just want to make sure I'm viable if my guild needs me. Thanks! <3
    Yea ive found that using nearly full resto gear does alot more dps for me than using low ilevel off pieces. Atm im running about 10k spirit in elemental spec, and all my gems and reforges are crit, since i was testing it out for my resto spec and can hold my own against the dps in the guild. Ofc our dps would increase wen we get rid of some of the spirit for better stats, but its not like we will be that far behind in full resto gear. I found the most important thing to change first was the trinkets since resto trinkets do nothing for elemental and after that all the gear can be shared. If a piece of your resto gear has better itemization or a ton more int it would likely be better than a lower ilevel piece even if its stacked with spirit

Btw looking at your armory i think that unless you are going with the primal elementalist talent you should drop ancestral swiftness for echo of the elements, which is a bit more dps especially on aoe packs.
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-05-03 at 01:30 PM.