Deleted

[Solved] Help requested... Weird sound.

Hello!

I've got a stupid problem: At random times, there seems to be no pattern, a loud sound like some kind of typewriter comes up, which seems to be caused by some kind of addon. I can't reproduce this and my only hint is that when I am in the tonk steam tank at the darkmoon faire, it happens more regularly. It's the sound of an old mechanical typerwriter machine when you hit a button or enter a new line. Its very irritating as I'm used to play with sound.
    This problem appeared somewhere during 4.2.

Any help or hint which addon could cause this, so I can disable it, would be most appreciated!

Here's a list of my current addons:

Yours,
    Blue

Deleted
    Maybe an addon that notifies you when you get a debuff. The steam tonk gets debuffed quite often...
    I don't know which addon can be responsible for that though... i hope i still could help you!

Deleted
    You can try this:
    Code:
    local t={}
    hooksecurefunc("PlaySoundFile",function(...) tinsert(t,{debugstack(),"PlaySoundFile",...}) end)
    SlashCmdList["SOUNDDEBUG"] = function(n)
        n = tonumber(n)
        if n and (t[n]) then
            print(select(2,unpack(t[n])))
            print((unpack(t[n])))
        else
            for n=1,#t do
                print('#'..n,select(2,unpack(t[n])))
            end
        end
    end
    SLASH_SOUNDDEBUG1 = "/sounddebug"
    How to use. Untested.
    Leave it running in the background until the sound next occurs, do a /sounddebug to get the list of sounds played by addons this session, then use /sounddebug <num> to find the debug stack for it (which should contain the addon's folder).

Deleted
    Very nice!

This helped and it seems it's resolved. Using /sounddebug showed me: [22:58:38] #1 PlaySoundFile Sound\Interface\AlarmClockWarning3.wav
    I looked into my alarm clock settings ingame, and there really was this sound... quickly disabled it!

Thanks a lot!

Deleted
    For reference, if a generic sound is played, you can then use /sounddebug 1 (or whatever number the entry has) to find out where exactly the PlaySoundFile call came from.

Deleted

Ty for your code, it works perfectly

I would like to make it work so it lists latest wow sounds used as well, how can I do that?
    The reason is i customize wow sounds and instead of looking through the list of sounds, i would like to have the name of the soundfile used by wow printet. For instance i click an npc, the npc says "slow down" and I would like to make /sounddebug print the name of the that sound.

Is it possible?

Deleted
    NPC sounds don't go through the UI, so nothing that can be done about that.

I'm gonna have to bookmark this for future use.