Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I didn't get a single exotic drop since release of the game... I hate such bad rng!! It was easier to get a rare dungeon mount in WoW than this...
    I have had about 5 exotic drops now. I don't like RNG but vastly prefer the GW2 approach where I don't need RNG to gear up. I can't count how many times I ran ICC without getting my 4pc. I don't even think I managed to get my 2pc. I can't really remember. I would personally like to see the exotics having a bit more value in GW2 compared to what they are now. It would make the drops so much sweeter. It took me a few months to build up a full set of exotics at the start of GW2 which I liked. It's like they had a bit of value. Almost like how things are with Ascended items now. It seems like these days you can outfit yourself in exotics for less than 15g.

There seems to be a break in the value of gold with some things costing thousands of gold and others costing next to nothing. A lot of mats are more worthwhile to vendor than to sell on the TP. It just feels to me like all methods of getting exotics should have an equal conversion rate (Drops, Crafting, Karma). It would make them worth a bit more if they could balance things a bit. I hated getting an exotic drop and then finding that it's only worth 1g in the TP. It would also increase the value of gold and encourage some people to buy gems to sell for gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I didn't get a single exotic drop since release of the game... I hate such bad rng!! It was easier to get a rare dungeon mount in WoW than this...
    Just got my first one last week from a dragon daily chest!.. sold for a whopping 2g

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    1) Convert all Karma to gold through boxes (take Karma boosts when doing this) - My last big conversion netted me about 22g for 400k odd of Karma.
    Wait... what boxes? I have all this useless karma saved up + unused karma jugs wasting my bank slots.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-05-06 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Wait... what boxes? I have all this useless karma saved up + unused karma jugs wasting my bank slots.
    Lost Orr Jewelry Boxes or whatever they are called.

Basically I do the following:

1) Load myself with Karma boosters.
    2) Open all of my Karma Jugs
    3) Buy Lost Boxes with Karma
    4) Open them all
    5) Drink all of the new jugs
    6) Repeat 3 - 5 until no more Karma left.

Normally get quite a few lodestones, obsidian shards and the "junk" from my 400k worth of Karma was worth about 3g. You also get the odd mini.

I like what EVE Online does:

Multiple markets players can contribute to instead of a single master trading hub. Convenience (in not having to make 20 jumps to Jita) festered inefficiencies and volatiles in the market that make playing the market shooting fish in a barrel.

I'm not sure how that could be implemented in a game where you can click anywhere is the world and be there in a second (along with your entire inventory and bank full of goods).

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Lost Orr Jewelry Boxes or whatever they are called.

Basically I do the following:

1) Load myself with Karma boosters.
    2) Open all of my Karma Jugs
    3) Buy Lost Boxes with Karma
    4) Open them all
    5) Drink all of the new jugs
    6) Repeat 3 - 5 until no more Karma left.

Normally get quite a few lodestones, obsidian shards and the "junk" from my 400k worth of Karma was worth about 3g. You also get the odd mini.
    I've been doing that too, but now I think I might go for a legendary since I'm not doing much else, so I kind of regret blowing all my karma. : P
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Yeah because 10% you put on your body and don't buy. You'll never corner this big of a market, but it does make the price come up. And who knows, on basic stuff you may still lose money, but it will bring up prices on gear overall, and it does put all the production line in the hands of players which is just cooler in an mmo world.

Really there's lots of stuff they could do to isolate specializations more and more but with a market across all servers, it's never going to narrow down your competition THAT much, but if it's the gear people use for leveling, it will at least bring up demand quite a lot. Since you can literally get better stuff handed to you just by leveling, right now the demand is next to zero for gear.
    While it is very unlikely that you would be able to corner it, it is exceptionally easy to manipulate it to your benefit. One of my guildies, an accountant go figure, showed us how 5 players with 5g each can really screw up the economy with little to no chance of a loss of funds. I’m not going to kill my golden goose, but the price of T5 mats quadrupled in 3 days using his system. I’m sure he was not the only one to exploit this weakness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalgomar View Post
    While it is very unlikely that you would be able to corner it, it is exceptionally easy to manipulate it to your benefit. One of my guildies, an accountant go figure, showed us how 5 players with 5g each can really screw up the economy with little to no chance of a loss of funds. I’m not going to kill my golden goose, but the price of T5 mats quadrupled in 3 days using his system. I’m sure he was not the only one to exploit this weakness.
    One look at GW2Spidy would tell anyone t5 mats have never quadrupled in 3 days lol.
    http://www.gw2spidy.com/
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    One look at GW2Spidy would tell anyone t5 mats have never quadrupled in 3 days lol.
    http://www.gw2spidy.com/

One look a GW2Spidy would tell you that the site does not have prices from day 1.

Edit: No need to insult others or incite negative argument. Be respectful even if you disagree with someone's POV.

Noted and corrected.
    Last edited by Dalgomar; 2013-05-07 at 03:56 PM.