Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmmmmmm I love having absolutely nothing to go on except 2 dead bodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel so sorry for Decagon - and Celtic, as well - but Decagon's in a worse spot. It must be hell wanting to play this game only to be killed off asap. I'd be surprised if Decagon tries to play again on the next game whenever it might be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Oh ok. Thanks. Still tells us basically nothing.
    Not really.

Assuming none of the protections hit, we've got at least an SK (Deca's death), a Cult (Celtic's team) and a Mafia team (whoever killed Celtic). If a protection did hit then we could have a second mafia team (likely) or two opposing SKs (unlikely).

I'm expecting two Mafia teams in a game of 28 TBH.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 11:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by falbacca View Post
    It must be hell wanting to play this game only to be killed off asap.
    Consider that he may have had a protective role, and got it off on his target that may have prevented an NK. He's then possibly gone one for one this game. And seeing as how Town usually outnumber Scum, I'd say that he could've got us off to a good start.

Or he's Scum and the Town is two up already.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Not really.

Assuming none of the protections hit, we've got at least an SK (Deca's death), a Cult (Celtic's team) and a Mafia team (whoever killed Celtic). If a protection did hit then we could have a second mafia team (likely) or two opposing SKs (unlikely).

I doubt it if the cult is able to recruit at all.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 05:00 PM ----------

I feel so sorry for Decagon - and Celtic, as well - but Decagon's in a worse spot. It must be hell wanting to play this game only to be killed off asap. I'd be surprised if Decagon tries to play again on the next game whenever it might be.
    Don't worry I'll force him.

Woah. Those ??? marks means a cannibal ate Deca? Or that they just don't wanna tell us his role?

Maybe we can inference something about Deca's role from the role playing bit Professor Silkku wrote.

Deleted
    If getting killed in night 1 is a reason to stop playing, then why the hell am I still playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Woah. Those ??? marks means a cannibal ate Deca? Or that they just don't wanna tell us his role?

Maybe we can inference something about Deca's role from the role playing bit Professor Silkku wrote.
    It means a role that hides the role of the person they kill is not revealed to us, but is to the killer, a.k.a a cannibal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm heavily leaning towards Cannibal, as otherwise we'd need to have a Medical Investigator type role to find out what role he was, but Celtic already flipped Cult.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm I love having absolutely nothing to go on except 2 dead bodies.
    Ya I'm thinking but it's hard to tell what to do right now, since we don't really know people's vote history for Day 1's.

I guess we should wait for some more people to come and speak.

Vote Nightfury Treann
    For not being here!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

Consider that he may have had a protective role, and got it off on his target that may have prevented an NK. He's then possibly gone one for one this game. And seeing as how Town usually outnumber Scum, I'd say that he could've got us off to a good start.

Or he's Scum and the Town is two up already.
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    It means a role that hides the role of the person they kill is not revealed to us, but is to the killer, a.k.a a cannibal.

There seems to be a lot of "knowing" about the setup. We can't really know anything. We might suspect a few things, cannibal, at least two NKs. We have no idea though how Silkku has set up the cult to work. Perhaps they have a NK but must sacrifice one of their members to make a NK. Perhaps a players role is only revealed if it's a cultist. Perhaps Decagon isn't really dead yet. How does this cult really work? Is there a leader? Does the cult disband when the leader die? Is it only the leader that can recruit? My point is we don't anything really with the current microscopic amount of knowledge.

I think Celtic said something about it being Greeney's fault if he died on N1 or was it the opposite way around? It could be WIFOMed anyway but:

Unvote Vote Greeney

Yay a scum died. I wonder what Deca is..

Anyways, I can't read into this at the moment so I'll catch up tomorrow and try and get a proper post up in the evening.

Also, obligatory FoS Lysah just because she's always scum in my eyes.

<3

it's not knowing, basing things off the most likely scenario and drawing conclusions form that is not "knowing" its trying to figure things out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a canibal SK. Or something brand new and frustrating to deal with.

Atleast one cult is dead. In games of 15, it usually starts with 1-2. and if they die that night their conversion doesn't go through. But due to the numbers, I'd say conversion happens first. So either they stole a person, but lost a person, or just lost a person. Also due to just reading on that wiki that there is usually a cult leader, I'd say there is 1-2 cult remaining (one being the leader, and then the possible conversion).
    I'm expecting conversions possible every 2-3 nights.

I prefer night starts. Day1 is also just a huge amount of fluff, and then random killing for no apparent reason than usually vandetta's from previous games.
    Atleast now any useful roles may have a lead on finding the scumyscumscum.

Time to go off on a field trip and come back to 20pages of silly fluff or blaming each other from games in the past.
    Really class guys! This is MafiaXXVI, not anything prior. Get over your grudges.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    There seems to be a lot of "knowing" about the setup. We can't really know anything.
    In the absence of information, we have to resort to speculation. It's useful because the Town can narrow down its ideas on what it may be facing.

Your outlook is very nihilistic. We'll only know the setup when the game is over, so surely we can't really know anything until it's too late?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I prefer night starts. Day1 is also just a huge amount of fluff, and then random killing for no apparent reason than usually vandetta's from previous games.
    Atleast now any useful roles may have a lead on finding the scumyscumscum.

Time to go off on a field trip and come back to 20pages of silly fluff or blaming each other from games in the past.
    Really class guys! This is MafiaXXVI, not anything prior. Get over your grudges.
    I prefer day for the following reasons:
    1. if you die night one atlest you felt like you "played"
    2. voting record to start with.

most day one kills aren't based on grudges, because frankly there is little to none. It's friendly joking, nothing more.

and I'll say this agian:

Don't want to read day one fluff? skim for bolted votes and see if they have any substance or reason. other than a joke vote. There nothing wrong with the first night. so real classy I don't want to have to skip some I'm going to stop others form enjoying themselves.

Perhaps there are town power roles who learned things last night? It's not exactly the same as starting on a day phase. Any votes or suspicions that are cast or stated today may have real reason behind them, not just randomness for reasoning. With that said...
    vote: falbacca

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not entirely convinced there is a Mafia team. I can see the aim of the game being to take out the Cult before it overwhelms the Town's voting majority, with the SK's to slowly whittle down the population. Or.... or or or..... the Cultists are the Mafia of this game and they're sacrificing people to their 'Dark One' by sending them back into the dimension we were all rescued from.

Either way I hate roles that just remove people from the game leaving no trace. :< The more information the better. *sigh*

And poor Deca. :< This time it seems he didn't get the chance to take anyone with him.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Well gonna head to bed now, Ill read through in the morning and see if there is anything worth voting on.

Quote Originally Posted by foxximcleod View Post
    Perhaps there are town power roles who learned things last night? It's not exactly the same as starting on a day phase. Any votes or suspicions that are cast or stated today may have real reason behind them, not just randomness for reasoning. With that said...
    vote: falbacca
    true but I don't think its not perfectly random, and if its not there's is information to be held.
    also, quite sutle

I'd love to see Falbacca (and Greeney) show up.

Just so us pro East people know, deadline is Tuesday 2 P.M.

Oh and I googled "acolyte." First sentence of Wikipedia:

In many Christian denominations, an acolyte is anyone who performs ceremonial duties such as lighting altar candles. In others, the term is used for one who has been inducted into a particular liturgical ministry, even when not performing those duties.
    Seems like it's kind of on the low end of the totem pole, so I think there is a Cult group with some form of hierchary. I think it'd make sense if these guys are mafia. I don't think it'd make sense for two cult groups since there is a Dark One. Hmmm.