Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'll buy the expansion but unfortunately my playstyle has devolved over the years. My account is currently inactive and will remain that way until the new expansion comes out. I have no interest in gearing up but rather complete each raid a few times and experience the lore and then quit. I don't resub for smaller patches either. I played at the beginning of MoP and resubbed for Throne of Thunder. No interest in the upcoming raids like Siege of Ogrimmar etc so next time back will be X5.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    annual pass mark 2 announced at blizzcon, gives beta access which starts within a week of it being announced
    While Annual pass was a great marketing idea, I think a lot of people felt taken advantage of from the first one. I personally did. When I signed up for an annual pass I had Dragon Soul for one whole year without anything new to do. I got D3 which didn't live up to the hype and I played for maybe 2hrs total, and a mount which I never use. Never again.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-05-05 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to laugh loudly when the new expansion isn't Burning Legion themed.

Deleted
    You mean IF. If it isn't Burning Legion themed.

what is surprising how they managed to keep no leaks happening so far, usually we always get some hints before expansions, but now - nothing!

Deleted
    By the way, any info on what the "Big Feature" that GC said was going to be the "Biggest feature in MoP"?

Talking about this: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...86698293338112

Well they will most likely do a Epilogue after the fall of Garrosh, maybe a quest line for the new warchief, maybe some soul searching for a new Warchief, but something like that, while the next expansion gets beta tested.
    I also see one of the big announcements being the enw player models tbh. Blizzcon seems a good time to unleash that reveal

Deleted
    I think they won't announce X5 at Blizzcon but a few weeks before or after 5.4 release (August). Beta should start 1 Month after that. At Blizzcon they will show some progress of the Expansion. All that leads to a release in Feb-March 2014

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So my guess on next expansion:

*Legion invades Azeroth for a pre-event.

*Level cap is 95.

*2 new races (my personal guess/hope is broken (ally) and ogre (horde))

*New continent is not located on Azeroth. Either another planet, or a moon of Azeroth. It wont' be Argus.

*Some new features to help convince people to level alts again (a feature like ToR's legacy system would be cool)

For those of you wondering what happened to Ethereal and Demon Hunter, I pushed Argus back to being 95-100 in Expansion VI with that race/class.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I have to locate my post prior - but I already said WAAY before MoP was released they're probably going to be making the next expansion extremely dark and VERY serious situations/monsters based on the insane forum/blizzcon reaction the Pandaren reveal had, just to offset the tone.
    Completely agree with this, expect a very dark expansion. Think dwarves hammering forges, Evil Elves, and cows with opposable thumbs and udders that can play music.

But seriously, this guy is right, it will be dark folks and this is definitely what is needed for the next step.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 01:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Invasion of Azeroth.. hmm interesting idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Does anyone really want another expansion? Most people I know seem to have gotten completely bored out of their minds with the franchise during the current expansion... It starts to feel more and more like they should take the old horse behind back and put it down before it starts suffering too hard from age... I personally couldn't care less anymore if another expansion gets launched. I was thrilled for Mists of Pandaria, but that's probably going to be the last expansion I buy for this dated game...
    Most people you know = all 9 million WoW players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone like the name Destruction of Azeroth to? Oh and I really want the next expansion to feature the new models that Blizzard promised and maybe new races to as well, but it would be good to to have a expansion to make everything go well and probably just keep everything up to date with the new exp.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    They hinted at a possible 5.5 patch, so it could go a bit like this.

But that would still leave almost a year between 5.4 and the next expansion, and even with a filler patch, it looks too close to how they've been doing it in the past with WotLK and Cata. I would like to see them stick to their current model of releasing patches.

So maybe we'll see a small 5.5 patch with daily quests, new scenarios etc, maybe the big yet unannounced feature, and then later a 5.6 filler raid like Sunwell or Halion.

And then it could look like this

That would stick to the current model - about 6 months for a new raid, little stuff in between - and yet there would only be about 3-4 months between the last content patch and the release of the next expansion.

In any case, they either have to bring the expansion out quicker than we expect, or provide a good amount of extra content between 5.4 and the next expansion, or it will be ICC/DS all over again.
    Agree with this post, except for the part of the filler raid. I doubt Blizzard making other raid than the Siege of Ogrimmar, probably we will see a event an 1 or 2 scenaries (like the fall of theramore)

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    If they still claim they have 9 million WoW players in the world then I'm either going to call bullshit on that or facepalm at the idea that people are still feeling entertained by this dated game... But anyway, the people I know tends to be a pretty good reference group to know what people's feelings are about the game.

I'm pretty sure everyone is going to agree that the playerbase has shrunk a lot lately.
    You so realize that Blizzard cannot lie about their sub numbers or they could face braking the laws.
    Also, you just need to accept the fact that many people still enjoy the game and still play the game. Just because you don't and your group of friends don't doesn't mean the game isn't for others. Opinions
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they addressed nearly everything that went wrong in Cataclysm - I'm more than certain we'll see tweaks via the expansion.

I have to locate my post prior - but I already said WAAY before MoP was released they're probably going to be making the next expansion extremely dark and VERY serious situations/monsters based on the insane forum/blizzcon reaction the Pandaren reveal had, just to offset the tone. :P ((BTW: I have no problem with the Pandaren... I'm just speculating on what Blizz is thinking based on what they've heard and what they've seen people say/do))
    Mvallas!!! can I snitch your signature? I love it

Presumably they'll announce at Blizzcon because otherwise the expansion will be out before the next one.

Because... as you pointed out... Garrosh would be theoretically long since dead (defeated) by the time Blizzcon happened!
    Well, by Paragon yes. Us mere mortals not so much... except in LFR :P

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 06:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

*Level cap is 95.

*2 new races (my personal guess/hope is broken (ally) and ogre (horde))

*New continent is not located on Azeroth. Either another planet, or a moon of Azeroth. It wont' be Argus.

*Some new features to help convince people to level alts again (a feature like ToR's legacy system would be cool)

For those of you wondering what happened to Ethereal and Demon Hunter, I pushed Argus back to being 95-100 in Expansion VI with that race/class.
    You can't do two expansions with a Burning Legion theme. Especially not back to back. It'll be hard enough to justify one given how much it'll look like TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

I will only buy It If Its Burning Legion themed one, If Its not a TRUE warcraft story I will not touch It.

Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    I will only buy It If Its Burning Legion themed one, If Its not a TRUE warcraft story I will not touch It.
    That's a little bs isn't it? There isn't a "true warcraft". That's being selective.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Isilbêth View Post
    November 23, 2004: Vanilla
    January 16, 2007: The Burning Crusade --> 2 years 2 months later
    November 13, 2008: Wrath of the Lich King --> 1 year 10 months later
    December 7, 2010: Cataclysm --> 2 years 1 month later
    September 25, 2012: Mists of Pandaria --> 1 year 9 months later
    The shortest time is 1 year 9 months and the longest time is 2 year 2 months.
    Blizzard wishes to make it shorter, but I didn't notice that Blizzard is releasing patches any faster.

My guess is more like 2 years between again, instead of 1 year and 6 months.

Deleted
    Theyll just open beta together with BLizzCon and rls in March! :O