Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Story] Left one guild on bad terms, best thing ever happens.

The story beings is that I met this woman in trade that was looking for a group to do oldworld content. She was the type of girl that flirted a bit and seemed to be a very fun individual. I was currently in a raiding guild that I couldn't make the times to raid so I was sort of just sitting around anyway. She and her boyfriend tried really hard to get me in the guild. I gave it some thought and decided that it would be a good experience. We all have fun in the guild for one day. The peace and tranquility and the fun lasted only one day when I decided to make a huge joke about Oondasta. I kept saying on how I could fight Oondasta and never die to the fight.

I was meaning as a whole joke at first and was actually gonna try to do such a thing. I explained how I could do it and we even made a 5000g bet that I would have honored if it didn't go so sour. She seemed to get miffed about it and ended the conversation of. "Whatever, I don't wanna talk about it." So I talked to her boyfriend and asked if everything was all right with her and did I step on any toes. 5 seconds after I ask that I get a message from her saying. "...why are you talking to x?" I played it cool and collected explaining I was going to go around and apologize to everyone personally if I have offended them. She responded to me saying. "Well just say it in guild."

After that event, I was demoted and everything. I was ignored by her and the boyfriend (not ignored in the game, just passed up my comments.) and I felt left out of everything. I felt horrible and abused by the guild because this little joke. I actually liked the guild I was in and almost wanted to just quit my character and make a new one on a different server. There were two key factors of me quitting the guild on that day after the first. I explained to to guild that I was having an off day she told me not to say anything if I wasn't going to go into it. (My problem was them so..) and told me to tell them I was "fine." I really got upset with that and remained silent for most of the day until I got the Oondasta achievement. I died and they demanded I pay them. I said to them something along the lines of. "I didn't think that was a serious bet." and she said it was and I had to pay up.

I was livid at this point, I would not be treated this way so I respectfully wrote her a letter on how I was feeling and ignored everyone in the guild and quit. My skype went crazy and I ignored and blocked her before I could even see what was written. I get a letter from a level 55 DK she just made. (Seriously) to send me the message that I'm an arrogant person that deserved my treatment and that I would be reported for harassment and fraud. She also said that she would tell no guild to invite me and have me on some sort of universal blacklist. ( I did everything I could to remain civil.)

So I am guildless and I notice something in trade. It's gone from it's usual banter of spam to silence almost. I get 2 messages from people that were telling me I was getting called names in trade. "Crybaby, wuss." Eventually trade told them to shut up which made me laugh a bit but I was thinking about what the hell just happened. I couldn't see what they said about me but I got those whispers.

With all that done I get a final whisper, asking me why they were calling me these names in trade. I explained to the person the same story I gave here but with less detail. He tells me that they are 9/12 ToT (previous guild wasn't even raid ready.) and needed a warlock. I sincerely told them that I could give it a shot but I'm not full geared yet. (ilvl 493) They invited me anyway and that was t he best thing that ever happened to me. Right after leaving the guild that was shunning me I get into a raiding guild with some decent progression.

Deleted
    Why didn't you report them all

I've been in a guild before lead by a girlfriend/boyfriend team who were both nuts. It's always an awful experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMexican View Post
    Why didn't you report them all
    I didn't really see the point of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man that sucks mate.
    That girl must have been a massive bitch.

You shouldn't mind those people, most of them are casuals anyways =P

And well the world has these kind of people, sadly they are in WoW too.
    Luckily you got out it at the end and all worked out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Back in TBC, I was raiding on an alt on a higher-end guild on our server (we were top-5 on our server)

We're doing a gruul's lair alt-run with another guild that had been running for a few months, open roll and they need a warrior to taunt-spam the warlock boss whenever we ran out of felpuppies to tank him. Easy role. Immune fears with a stancedance macro, (zerker rage required zerker stance back then)

So the boss dies on the first shot, and the warrior shoulders drop. It's open roll, so I roll and win them.

I didn't really know most of the people from the other guild, but we get a massive rage rant on vent from another warrior in the raid complaining that I was Just an alt and how it wasn't fair that I won the shoulders on my first run. As I'm typing out, "If you feel strongly about it, I'll petition a GM and have him transfer the token to you" He hearths out and drops raid and vent. His buddy, who was an officer in the guild says in vent "He's not coming back" so we continue pulling. vent goes quiet through trash, and his buddy drops raid and vent.

Then, all of his guildies in the raid /gquit, and are promptly invited to our guild. and proceed to rage at how terribad the old GM just made them look over loot drama.

Of course, I got mad props in /o chat for disbanding a guild by winning a /roll. <3 WoW drama.

Deleted
    Whatever you do, do not reply to trade chat. Never.

Deleted
    I understand partly the harassment part if shes a stuck up bitch that is overreacting when someone speaks to her boyfriend about her, but fraud? really lost me there.

well can say to my defence - im a GM and my girlfriend is officer in my guild - we are no where near like those two you described - i feel sad that you experienced it, and are happy that you found a new place to call your second home

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't make sense that a guild would get mad because you simply stated that you don't die in a Oondasta fight....Like Honestly it really doesn't make sense....They must have been some uptight asshole guild who doesn't like to get good members because of the way they treated you.

I'm glad you got into a good guild my friend, It's karma for your endurance in being in that stupid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    I understand partly the harassment part if shes a stuck up bitch that is overreacting when someone speaks to her boyfriend about her, but fraud? really lost me there.
    Cause of the 5,000g bet. I didn't honor it.

A while ago in Wrath I saw a guild looking for someone to help them finish an alt run in ICC. I joined and we cleared it on the first attempt. I got another whisper a week later and was asked if I'd like to fill in on their main raid. I took them up on their offer and they offered me a spot in their guild if I was interested. I thought about it and said sure. It was a fun time until something... happened. I was farming some mats for the guild when I got an angry whisper from someone. "YOU STOLE MY NODE." I guess I beat him to it and he got angry at me. He threatened to kick me from the guild and so forth until he actually QUIT the guild, because I took a node from him by mistake. His girlfriend quit with him.

Fast forward to Cataclysm I find out our guild is merging with another guild, one hosted by the girlfriend and boyfriend. Things were smooth, at first, until I kept getting benched by the girl. So I was getting benched a lot (along with a few others from the original guild) I decided to PvP on my free time on the horde side of my server. I ended up NEARLY solo defending Wintergrasp until my Alliance guild showed up and took it back in the last minute or two. I hopped over and said it was a good fight and we should try it again sometime. I was having some fun, no bad mouthing.

Next thing I know I'm kicked. The girl tells me I should switch servers, quit the game, or quit life because "Nobody in the guild likes you, and nobody on the server does either." She was being really over the top so I joined another guild and just ignored it. Lo and behold, that guild keeps sending us (my new guild) hate mail because we were in some kind of a race or they figured we were realm rivals or something. Constantly we were getting bashed for nothing.

Finally, one day, they quit. The whole guild. Thought that was the end of them.

...until I start playing GW2. I ended up doing PvP and saw a guild tag that kind of rang a bell. After the PvP I got some hate mail from an opposing player. I thought the name looked familiar so I looked it up. Sure enough, it was a player from that hate guild on WoW, hating me on GW2. Just can never seem to escape these people...

I love it when a story ends on a good note. You're bound to meet these kind of people online, especially in WoW, sounds like her ego is through the roof and she was just trying to manipulate your little joke. As you've said, the best possible thing happened right after, and it's nice that you were rewarded for having to go through that shit. Nice read, thanks for the share

They could well have over-reacted or been assholes, but I sense there is more to the story - my "every-onesided-story-ever" sense is tingling with this one.

Glad you found a guild you fit into however.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze611 View Post
    I decided to make a huge joke about Oondasta. I kept saying on how I could fight Oondasta and never die to the fight.

I was meaning as a whole joke at first and was actually gonna try to do such a thing. I explained how I could do it and we even made a 5000g bet that I would have honored if it didn't go so sour.

I died and they demanded I pay them. I said to them something along the lines of. "I didn't think that was a serious bet." and she said it was and I had to pay up.

...I was livid at this point, I would not be treated this way
    I'll play devil's advocate, here. You fucked up, and they're a bunch of idiots. Nothing binding about a "bet" in a friggen video game, but still stupid.

Hope there's a lot less people in your new guild that will do something like that to not help curb your own mixed views on "serious" and "non-serious", since you probably should have been able to figure out a better way to handle it without getting pissed off yourself, imo. Not that it matters now.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze611 View Post
    Cause of the 5,000g bet. I didn't honor it.
    Anything, especially a bet over a game of WoW, can not be seriously taken unless some sort of agreement was reached and confirmation of the contract was valid.

not some "Hey guys ill bet 5k that i can't die on Oondasta"
    "ok"

There was no line of possible consequences for breaching the contract and Blizz ain't going to do crap for some stupid bet made.

The only thing committed was those assholes being jerks to you. You didn't do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daeolt View Post
    Finally, one day, they quit. The whole guild. Thought that was the end of them.

...until I start playing GW2. I ended up doing PvP and saw a guild tag that kind of rang a bell. After the PvP I got some hate mail from an opposing player. I thought the name looked familiar so I looked it up. Sure enough, it was a player from that hate guild on WoW, hating me on GW2. Just can never seem to escape these people...
    All that over a node ninja?

For "Best thing ever" I was expecting something compelling at the end.

i just find amusing how meaningless stuff escalates and seems to 'affect' people so much. I think most people on this story should take a chill pill. Oh, and joining a 9/12 guild that took interest in your story is the best thing eveR?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the times or always everytime those who get the most mad are the ones who are the most bad.
    If you are good you have no problem at all, because you get it next time because well your to good anyways and you know you will get it next time, those who are raging you all day everyday are most of the people who did this for first time or just a few times with pure luck
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post