So, it's safe to say that we'll be seeing a *LOT* more microtransactions...

I've been without internet for a few days, so this is probably already been discussed to death, but considering Blizzard has added a new form of currency to the client-string, I'd say it looks pretty certain that we have a lot of microtransactions in the immediate future.

Massive shame, in my opinion; I love the subscription-model precisely because it puts everybody on an even keel, with progress and rewards only coming to those who earn them. Nothing is set-in-stone yet, of course, but the evidence is pretty damning that, best-case scenario, there won't be any truly new mounts or compelling armor-designs available for your subscription, and worse case is pretty obvious -- pay-to-win. I would even call that outcome "likely", as they seem intent on moving forward with XP-boosts and Charms, which are, at best, treading the line.

The only way I see WoW continuing in its current form is some kind of massive player-backlash, but I'm really skeptical that would ever happen at this point.

Bummer, since I still think WoW has the potential to be an awesome game (dailies and the passive themes in this expansion really hurt it), and I still find the core gameplay to be a ton of fun (though I'm not digging the new "Talent" system quite so much). It baffles me to think that 7.7 million subscribers is apparently low enough to play such a risky campaign, considering the sub+microtransaction model has literally never worked, but hey, I'm just a lowly video-game journalist.

I wonder how many "Battle Coins" it will cost for The Ashbringer...?

blizzard might not have perfected, created or even thought of battle coins etc like others have but there's certainly a large and growing market for it. As such they'll reach their tentacles out to it and bring it to us. GW2 and SWTOR rely solely on their coin sales to keep afloat. they're both doing well i understand.

So yes they'll start selling more and more stuff on it. It might not be the ashbringer but it'll be a transmog item that everybody and their mother will buy.

any complaints about cash shops are imo irrelevant and non sensical. it's the playerbase who makes them happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I've been without internet for a few days, so this is probably already been discussed to death
    It has. If you already knew that, why didn't you simply search the forums and post in one of the other threads?

Deleted
    I dont think we will. The bubble that is WoW is about to burst. I think it's sad that we see them at all. I really like WoW and the whole Warcraft universe and I'd rather see it re-imagined than milked till its dead. Guess we'll have to wait and see though.

I wouldn't call a $15 hat a "micro" transaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    It has. If you already knew that, why didn't you simply search the forums and post in one of the other threads?
    If he did that, then he wouldn't get the attention that comes with a new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

I have pretty much the exact same views on the subject as you do. Such a shame Blizzard went down this road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    I wouldn't call a $15 hat a "micro" transaction.
    Its still a horrible, horrible thing.. those hats are just wrong

you werent playing for a few days?
    you damn have no life in game!

I think people are just getting all hyped up over nothing again as usual like the do every damn time blizzard does something, and the cosmetic helmets aren't a big deal don't like em don't buy em simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Garradorr View Post
    I think people are just getting all hyped up over nothing again as usual like the do every damn time blizzard does something, and the cosmetic helmets aren't a big deal don't like em don't buy em simple.
    Such an ignorant attitude and I'm sick to death of fucking seeing it.

How is beginning to sell every item that players are going to want for cash instead of putting into the game to be earned by playing not a big deal?

Oh right, because it doesn't increase your dps so it doesn't matter. I guess they should just turn all character models into black outlines since all we apparently play for is our dps.

Is it really so hard to comprehend this? Meh, just remembered average players intelligence level, yes I guess it probably is to comprehend for a lot.

It's not safe to say anything, OP.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Such an ignorant attitude and I'm sick to death of fucking seeing it.

How is beginning to sell every item that players are going to want for cash instead of putting into the game to be earned by playing not a big deal?

Oh right, because it doesn't increase your dps so it doesn't matter. I guess they should just turn all character models into black outlines since all we apparently play for is our dps.

Is it really so hard to comprehend this? Meh, just remembered average players intelligence level, yes I guess it probably is to comprehend for a lot.
    Opinions, everyone has 'em and yours isn't more special or correct than anyone else's. And they're beginning to sell "every item players want"? As far as I can tell, they are adding in a whole lot more models to the game next patch and all of them can be earned in-game. If they start selling tier gear on their little shop, you can have your outrage; till then, people can pay money to dress up their toons and you can just laugh at them if you want.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

I guess they should just turn all character models into black outlines since all we apparently play for is our dps.
    How much do you think Blizz would charge us for that option?

Meh, just remembered average players intelligence level, yes I guess it probably is to comprehend for a lot.
    Interestingly, an average sample of player IQ would equal 100. Since that's how it's measured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, this is being discussed in tons of threads. Please, do a search to be sure next time. It clutters the forum with so many threads about same topic (my opinion).

But we can not know really. The helmets aren't really MT's, but more just another bling people could buy if they wanted. (Though, everyone seem to take it serious that they either have to have it or not).

The XP boost is still not even decided, and if it becomes, then it'll still start in asia first.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..