Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Blizzard recently stated starcraft will have a TV channel within 5 years, they have very long plans to stick to SC as their RTS game, unfortunatly I think as RTS (since its not profitable as MMOs) they will just keep it SC forever or a very long time...
    Until WoW dies and they decide to make World of Starcraft, and then restart the Warcraft license with WCIV.

Deleted
    I'd really love to see some daily quests in Warcraft IV!

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    didn't care for any of the RTS games Blizzard has made previously do not care or want to see any new ones.
    That's a shame. IMO Blizzard's quality really shines with their RTS games. You should give it a try.

From a post I made a while ago:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...to-Warcraft-IV

I firmly believe it will be a matter of time (more likely years) until Blizz announces Warcraft IV.

I personally thought how that could impact World of Warcraft, and thought of some ways Blizz could actually tie the two together.

So here’s one of them I thought would be a great feature!

Import your character into WCIV as a “Hero” character

Since you can tie Real-ID to games, why can’t there be something to attach Characters from WoW to WCIV and Visa-versa? Now, I don’t think it should “remove” your character from WoW (you’ll probably be playing both, after all) but it would simply be an option to “copy” the name and other elements to WCIV and visa-versa.

So… the first question is – item models! How would that work as that could be a TON of data!!

Obviously they won’t put every armor/weapon model in the game as that’s a stupid amount of work – But they CAN have some options to skirt the issue.

1) Create 20 generic Alliance/Horde race models that are Male/female (probably already done via the normal game) – but then create 20 “Heroic faction/class armor sets” for every class. Then they can attach your name to, say, the Horde Orc Hero Mage model if your character is a Orc Mage.

2) If they want to expand slightly on this, they could allow your hair model/color and skin tone for your head to be imported too with just your head showing, and the rest of your body is covered by the Hero Armor

3) I would highly doubt they could actually use your in-game armor and weapons as that’s too much data to put into WCIV for just a gimmick… but the only possible way I could think of doing this while making it economical is allowing some way to “Scan” your WoW character graphics directly from WoW into your local Warcraft IV gameslot for that character. The only problem with this is that chances are the in-game models won’t have “slots” that show armor – and that would need a whole new re-write of code in that case.

So, what would the potential advantages/benefits/rewards be?

Going from WoW to WCIV:
    there should be no statistic advantage given other than an additional Hero-class character (Rogue Hero, for example). Perhaps they may be given a few signature attacks or three from WoW for that specific class to use.

I’m not sure if they can do story elements around your character as that would create extra work for Blizz. WCIV needs to be a stand-alone game for those who don’t play WoW. But it would be nice to have at least one or three custom scripted events that have your characters be praised for their efforts.

Returning from WCIV back to WoW:
    It would be great if you beat WCIV with your character, and then you can re-import/attach cool stuff back to your WoW character due to your victory! Things like the following:

An Achievment “Participated in the Fourth War!”
    A “letter of Commendation” - sends you to your faction leader for a special reward.
    A transmogable “WCIV Class Hero set” to make your current in-game armor resemble that of the armor you wore in WCIV
    A special title “Veteran of the Fourth War”– this could work as part of quest that sends you to your faction leader. He then “rewards” you publically with the title for your deeds

That’s all I can think of ATM. What say you all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    Blizzard recently stated starcraft will have a TV channel within 5 years, they have very long plans to stick to SC as their RTS game, unfortunatly I think as RTS (since its not profitable as MMOs) they will just keep it SC forever or a very long time...
    Well if u think that starcraft will remain the only blizzard rts... then id say warcraft 4 will be a moba game.

I'd like to see minimum focus on humans and orcs, time to let the other races shine.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by diviner View Post
    Well if u think that starcraft will remain the only blizzard rts... then id say warcraft 4 will be a moba game.
    That would be horrible, no more moba games please! It would be better if they make a warcraft kinect shooter, even!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    + with Night Elves housing Worgen in Darnassus and aiding Draenei from Exodar I think the Night Elf faction should be changed to include units from these factions aswell.

+Blood Elves should re-join the Alliance (and therefore be part of Human faction) or be an independant race. with the Sunwell healed and Sylvanas becoming more hostile towards the living they dont really have any serious reasons to still be with Horde.

So, basically, you're saying to keep WoW established lore for Night Elves but completely ignore WoW established lore for Blood Elves?

Because F logic.

Deleted
    nothing panda related

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    So, basically, you're saying to keep WoW established lore for Night Elves but completely ignore WoW established lore for Blood Elves?

Because F logic.
    It's logical the proud blood elves would want nothing to do with the undead. But they shouldnt rejoin the alliance.

Have more factions, and lay the groundwork for more big bads. Warcraft III gave us the Scourge, the Burning Legion, the Tauren, the Night Elves, the Forsaken, Kalimdor, Northrend, Old Gods, Naga, Broken, Pandaren, etc. WoW would have a hell of a lot less in it, geographically, racially, lorewise, and expansionwise, if Warcraft III hadn't expanded the universe so much. We're getting relatively close to tapping out all the lore in the RTS games so if there were to be a WC4 I'd hope that they lay a lot more groundwork for future stories.

Deleted
    errr if any one actually played WC3, technically it wasnt exactly faction based but more race based, you played either the humans with some dwarfs and some 2 headed thing, Nelves, scourge and then mainly orcs, who had some trolls and 1 tauren unit I believe, not to mention there was 1 damn panda in WC3 which was in a optional campaign, personally going by how the games were originally gone by, Id like to see the game have more emphasis playing all the races and their involvement with what ever the story could be if they made WC4.

(that 1 panda think it was chen stormstout gave birth to the whole of MOP for anyones information)

Personally would like them to introduce a new big nemesis, WC2 had deathwing as the big bad guy, WC3 had it all, infact most of wow is based off of it and born from it, Lich king, the burning legion which included Kil jaden, Illidan, archimonde is technically rehashed in wow lol, since the bugger got killed in WC3 in the end, so what we really need is a story where they can introduce another threatening force

Wrathion

10 characters
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

4 factions as in WCIII, have the alliance and horde with their respective races apart of them or have the blood elves rejoin the alliance, fuck them. but bring back the Scourge and add the Burning legion. lots of hero units, and I'm sure I'll catch shit for this but episodic installments much like in SC2, where each campaign plays very differently from the others.

Deleted
    What would I like to see? Not any time used making anything in the Warcraft realm other than Wow and Wow2.
    And that's my honest reply. We cannot go back to that. Please. No. We have evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Space marines. Aka warcraft 40 thousand years later.
    Go play starcraft -_-.

I would like something different than the classic rts like starcraft, something like the total war series, where you take one faction/race and conquer azeroth.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    mvallas, that's actually a good idea with importing characters.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see them make some more official campaigns for Warcraft 3! Much better medium for it than books, IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    What would I like to see? It never happen for starters. Much prefer the story to keep progressing in wow.
    Aye mate