Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    errr if any one actually played WC3, technically it wasnt exactly faction based but more race based, you played either the humans with some dwarfs and some 2 headed thing, Nelves, scourge and then mainly orcs, who had some trolls and 1 tauren unit I believe,
    actually you had a bit more diversity than that, in the alliance there were 4 humans (6 if you count hero classes), 5 dwarves (6 if you count hero class), and 3 elves (4 if you count hero class) and in the horde 7 orcs (9 if you count hero classes), 3 trolls (4 if you count hero class), 2 tauren (3 if you count hero classes)

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, a major timeskip - leave all the current lore behind to be further developed by WoW expansions.

Skip ahead 500-800 years - it's a chance for a fresh take on Warcraft. A new status quo. The Burning Legion shattered, the Titans come and gone again, never to be seen again. Start a whole new chapter. It'd be interesting if the players aren't even told how all of this has gone - we can bridge the gap slowly in WoW's storyline, and speculate on how we get from the current timeline to the new era of WCIV.

It's a chance to really shake things up, but also to get back to basics.

The factions? Alliance and Horde - to start with

Alliance
    -The Alliance consists of humans, dwarves, gnomes, and 'sun elves' from Quel'thalas, elves who have embraced the power of the Light from the reborn Sunwell.
    -There may be some draenei who maintain ties, but most draenei have left the world on-board the Exodar. Tempest Keep was reclaimed and many people from other races left with them as well.
    -I haven't thought much about what the humans in the Alliance are like, but if Anduin starts a tradition of priest-kings, I could see it becoming more theocratic in the future.
    -Perhaps more radical elements like the Scarlet Crusade exist within it. Perhaps the Ashen Verdict has joined them, and secret orders of paladins and death knights exist within their ranks.
    -The night elves and worgen have vanished from Azeroth

Horde
    -The Horde capital is in Stonetalon - Durotar is abandoned and overrun with ominous dark woods. The Horde has become industrialized, forsaking elements and shamanism... Stonetalon is shrouded in smoke from foundries and refineries.
    -Orcs, goblins, ogres, and tauren form most of their ranks. Some tribes of tauren still wander Kalimdor as nomads, but Horde tauren have abandoned nature worship for industry.
    -Trolls are absent - in fact, no trolls can be found anywhere on Azeroth.
    -A small cabal of blood elves remains to serve as spell-casting mercenaries, but they are only agents of an independent blood elf kingdom with no official ties to the Horde.
    -If shaman exist at all, they are like the Taunka or Twilight shaman - enslaving elementals rather than bargaining with them or serving a balance.

There are so many possibilities for new factions to exist as full armies, it's unlikely we could ever get them all in. Perhaps they could exist as minor NPC factions, though that could never do them justice.

-The Forsaken have left the Horde and colonized the abandoned islands where the draenei once lived. Renaming them the Blightmyst Isles, they are the enemies of all life.
    -The kingdoms of the dwarves, the Three Hammers, would make a mighty faction in their own right, powered by the high technology of the Dark Irons, the sorcery of the Wildhammers, and the Bronzebeards mastery of Titan powers.
    -The night elves, worgen, and troll races appear to have vanished entirely from the world. They weren't destroyed - they disappeared of their own accord, to the Emerald Dream. Why did they leave? What has become of them?
    -The Frozen Throne is broken and melted in Northrend, the ruins of Icecrown Citadel lie scattered around it. The Old Gods have made a new king for the undead, and given them the Curse of Iron. Those they kill become unliving metal slaves to their will - the Iron Scourge.

That's just the potential the existing factions have. We could also get mogu, aqir, or more Old God related factions - wouldn't mind a reformed Twilight's Hammer faction that can summon Faceless Ones, Forgotten Ones, and other nasties.

Anyway, yeah. Something completely far out. If it's anything that could have been done in a WC3 expansion, why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    mvallas, that's actually a good idea with importing characters.
    Thanks ^_^

I specifically wrote the idea keeping in mind the technical limitations it could pose. This way your looks don't need to be imported as you could simply have on a custom "class/faction helmet" for a head, and similar ideas. :P

I want a game with slower gameplay than Starcraft.
    I want an awesome story and hero units.
    And bring the nightelfs back, I want walking trees.

Hero promotion; your race's Altar doesn't have any hero units available to train inside it. Instead, you bring one of your other ground units to the Altar and sacrifice it there, similar to sacrificing an Acolyte to create a Shade. After a short time, a Hero version of that unit pops out, with skills to learn and an XP bar to fill. It's locked to ground units, and units with more esoteric roles wouldn't be able to be promoted, like Mortar Teams and Obsidian Statues.

Two races selected, a core race and a minor race, and your unit range is a mix of the two. The major race operates much as it would in WC3; it dictates your structures, units, building style, etc. The minor race adds a unit to each tier of Town Hall, and an additional hero to your pool.

Core races; Horde(Orcs/Trolls/Tauren), Alliance (Humans/Dwarves/Gnomes/Worgen), Undead (For Scourge), Night Elves (w/ their ancients), maybe Burning Legion

For minor races, the sky's the limit, really- It's just a matter of how many sets of 3units can be reasonably balanced. Forsaken, Blood Elves, Ebon Blade, even NPC factions like Centaur could be conceivably put there.

Importing characters from WoW, let your characters pick or build towards a "fate" in WoW, dependent on what their class and race are, and certain characters will fill each "fate" in WC4's campaign. So, for example, if WC3 had an MMO preceding it, if you're an Orc Warlock you could take the "hermit" fate- And instead of Drak'thul appearing, it's your character. If you're a mage and you take the "Kirin Tor" fate, one of the mages you fight during the mission to kill Antonidas would be replaced by your character.

Also, custom appearances for heroes, within some parameters, along with importing capacity for WoW characters there. Each of your characters has its race and class recorded, and you can select to have your character fill certain roles whenever you've selected that race. For example, Footmen units are humans, and they each have identical appearances. When you promote a Footman, it'll take a look at your secondary race and the characters you've selected to fill the Footmen hero role, and if you have your human/dwarf/gnome/minor race warrior from WoW clicked to 'yes' in footman promotion and nothing else, your promoted Footmen will always become your WoW warrior.

Just a bit of food for thought. I doubt it'd be easy to balance, but I think it'd be fun.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2013-05-05 at 07:08 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

A Actual end to the game that will satisfy all people who love the lore of the game

I would love to have it like warcraft 2 where CD 1 contained where the alliance won and CD 2 contained where the horde won even though the alliance winning is considered cannon

Gameplay wise i would love to see updated graphics and more seabattles that was sorely lacking in warcraft 3

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    this is not a post about when the game will be coming out. but about things Warcraft players want to see in Warcraft IV.

I have to say, even after all these years. Warcraft still has it's charm, I guess thats the magic of well-polished and worked-on games. In Warcraft you dont feel any unit being out-of-place or overpowered. Warcraft 1 is the game that got me hooked on RTS games, and it's only natural to hope for a new Warcraft. :P

One of the downsides of Warcraft 3, was perhaps the absence of naval warfare and the third resource (Oil). while it did remove the complexity of navy management it did removed alot of multiplayer fun from the game.

but Warcraft 3 also added alot of new things which made it pretty unique. the hero system was executed perfectly, the micro management, the neutral buildings and creeps.

-----------------------------------------------

ok now so here is the topic : once Starcraft is over. would you like to see another Warcraft RTS? what would you like to see in it? better story? new races? more focus on heroes?

+ I do hope that they bring naval warfare back.

+ and atleast allow one race to build walls.

+ with Night Elves housing Worgen in Darnassus and aiding Draenei from Exodar I think the Night Elf faction should be changed to include units from these factions aswell.

+Blood Elves should re-join the Alliance (and therefore be part of Human faction) or be an independant race. with the Sunwell healed and Sylvanas becoming more hostile towards the living they dont really have any serious reasons to still be with Horde.

+ Orcs should get Goblin and Ogre units back.
    Becoming more hostile towards the Alliance =/= becoming more hostile towards the living.

Deleted
    I'd like the very first mission to be about the Bronze Dragonflight going back in time to erase everything that has transpired in WoW.

A dead Sylvanas.

Deleted
    Personally I don't think that every race should be a faction, a combination similar to the previous games would be great. However I do think that every playable race from WoW should have it's own hero at least.

I would also love to have a completely new chapter with new heroes, but it shouldn't be set to far into the future and it should make references to previous events in games such as Warcraft I,II,III and WoW. I also love the idea to import your character from WoW, it would be a nice feature indeed. Perhaps he could appear from Caverns of Time?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Hero promotion; your race's Altar doesn't have any hero units available to train inside it. Instead, you bring one of your other ground units to the Altar and sacrifice it there, similar to sacrificing an Acolyte to create a Shade. After a short time, a Hero version of that unit pops out, with skills to learn and an XP bar to fill. It's locked to ground units, and units with more esoteric roles wouldn't be able to be promoted, like Mortar Teams and Obsidian Statues.
    No, no, just no please. Heroes were the ones who could change a lost game.

I'd even like the same game with better graphics, better units(new races/new units/new buildings etc) called Warcraft 4.

And I don't want to see "Factions" like Alliance and Horde, every race fight for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    I want a game with slower gameplay than Starcraft.
    My APM doesn't agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Archpriest View Post
    And bring the nightelfs back, I want walking trees.
    But now I agree!
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-05-05 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    Alot of people think the last wow expansion will wrap up the burning legion story, but I'd rather see it in Warcraft 4. I mean its going to be a war - a war unrivaled in the history of Azeroth - or probably any other world. Experiencing it through 1 persons perspective just wouldn't be right.

I wanna see the dark portal come into play again - its always been central to the mythos of the warcraft universe, but lately it feels forgotten and stagnant, its just some door between Azeroth and Draenor. I would like to see the legion descend on Draenor- not just a small force - the entirety of the burning legions forces. Then pour forth into Azeroth through the portal like a torrent. Have the southern lands of the eastern kingdoms devastated - bar the war spread far and wide. The eastern kingdoms hit the worst though, right up to Stormwind. I wanna see the nation of Stormwind hit hard and come to the brink of destruction. To the point where it nearly destroys the alliance.

Then I want to see the horde - and all other beings of creation rally in and join the alliance in pushing them back the darkness. Small at first - save Stormwind. Set a line and hold it. Then together they strategically attack into outland and into the twisting nether itself. Invade the Citadel of his most powerful lieutenants in the process with the hopes of ending the war once and for all. Upon arriving they realize why the burning legion has finally been able to gather its forces for the final push - the Nethrizem have done the impossible, and imprison Aggramar himself, the great titan who has hounded the legion for centuries. In freeing him the mortals learn of Sarges latest seat of power in the universe - of which he is in the process of destroying by absorbing its energy to restore his physical form. Argus.

We invade Argus using the gateway hub of the Nethrizem citadel. The prize? Steal the fragment Gorribal from the very throne of Sargares himself! Because only the restored Gorshalach has the power to finally end Sargares's threat for good. With Aggramar's and other titans help, reach Sargares and begin the final battle. The titans restore Gorshalach to its rightful glory with our help destory him. The titans, at last humbled by their own creations offer the mortals a choice. They offer to use Gorshalach's power to sever Argus, Draenor and Azeroth from each other permanently and return the mortals to their rightful worlds/lives - ending their threat to each other forever. The mortals decline, realizing their destiny alone would have ended in their annihilation. Instead they ask only that the fragments of Draenor be sever from the Twisted nether, perhaps allowing the fragments of Draenor to reform in the future.

Above all else I wanna see massive scale. Nations fall, whole worlds ravaged. I wanna see chaos rain down and the entirety of existence stand together against the dark and once and for all say unto the shadow; WE WILL NOT FALL.

Features:

Races; Alliance, Horde, Titan, Legion. During the story you would play as all the main sub races though independently at times.
    Randomized race units - aka - I make a druid - might be a druid of any the available "druid" races of WOW.
    Obscene map sizes.
    4 Campaings, Legion attacking outland/zeroth. Alliance defends Azeroth. Horde joins and pushs back /attacks outland/twisting nether. Titan; final push into argus with help of allaince/horde.
    Heros; Actually living and dead heros from lore restored to life/empowered by the titans.
    Very well done, I like the way this plays out as it logically utilizes existing lore and not something created or retconned. I too think this would be terrific as a rts/rpg type of game but sadly I don't believe Blizzard will go that route and will use a story very similar to what you have outlined as the final expansion to WoW.

In fact after reading up on Gorshalach and the Titans I can't see how this cannot be how the story unfolds. It's foreshadowed quite a lot in the lore and it would be a truly epic adventure sending this grand old game out in style. Thumbs up for the outline, excellent work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stasso View Post
    A dead Sylvanas.
    She is allready dead, what do you mean?

What i want for WC4 is a completely diffrent timeline, probably somewhere in the future.
    Leave the current events to WoW, focus on something completely diffrent.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I want?
    I suppose I'd just want more of WC3 cos that game is still my favourite. Except that WoW has a gazillion times more content. So I'd want a game that's a bit like WC3, in terms of setting and pace, and the hero system (except maybe more in-depth, like you could have a main hero for your campaign and then one or two for each mission). But then with a whole lot more content.
    As far as setting is concerned, a few decades after the final events of WoW sounds about right to me, so that it focuses on new characters, but there's still a few known characters around (except they are the oldies now.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Becoming more hostile towards the Alliance =/= becoming more hostile towards the living.
    She used the plague against Gilneas, which at the time of the Forsaken invasion were not part of the Alliance.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, no, just no please. Heroes were the ones who could change a lost game.
    And I don't want to see "Factions" like Alliance and Horde, every race fight for themselves.
    What I meant by factions is that "Humans" in Warcraft consisted of Humans, Elves, Dwarves and Gnomes (Warcraft2). so it doesn't make sense to call them Humans anymore. and Orcs in Warcraft consisted of Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblin (Warcraft2), Ogre (Warcraft2).

so instead of calling them Humans and Orcs. we should call them something that sums them all up. like "Horde" which is the Horde in Kalimdor ( Let's just say the forsaken and the blood elves have left the old horde in Warcraft IV) or the sentinels (Night Elves, Worgen, Draenei, other forest creatures that were part of Night Elves in Warcraft 3)
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-05-05 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenYak
    First of all, a major timeskip - leave all the current lore behind to be further developed by WoW expansions.

Skip ahead 500-800 years - it's a chance for a fresh take on Warcraft. A new status quo. The Burning Legion shattered, the Titans come and gone again, never to be seen again. Start a whole new chapter. It'd be interesting if the players aren't even told how all of this has gone - we can bridge the gap slowly in WoW's storyline, and speculate on how we get from the current timeline to the new era of WCIV.
    I agree that WC4 should definitely bring a new chapter for Azeroth, while these are definitely interesting examples how wild and flexible lore can be within factions to keep the story identifiable but escape the Horde vs Alliance melodrama. To which I hope after Siege of Org. and prophecy of the Burning Legion invasion, puts an end to it..The crazy wild changes to the world politics would definitely leave the interest to the player.. wtf happened!? and try find out why.

i would like to see a crapdaria retcon. like, 100%, total lobotomy.

I would like to see a time skip if they make a WC4. Like a big time skip.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    i would like to see a crapdaria retcon. like, 100%, total lobotomy.
    Okay, we get it. You don't like MoP, do you really have to say it in every post?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That's a shame. IMO Blizzard's quality really shines with their RTS games. You should give it a try.
    I hate RTS games I own WCIII and Starcraft II and can't stand either.

Deleted
    It`s hard to say, what should like Warcraft 4 to be. Because W3 we see, how Arthas become DK and at the end he become the Lich King, but we allready defeatet him at WoTLK. Also we Defeated Deathwing and Sha ect, ect...