Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quakefan View Post
    It`s hard to say, what should like Warcraft 4 to be. Because W3 we see, how Arthas become DK and at the end he become the Lich King, but we allready defeatet him at WoTLK. Also we Defeated Deathwing and Sha ect, ect...
    Blizzard introduced many villians and heroes in WC3, and they did it pretty good. if Blizzard writers do their job right (Diablo III was pretty weak in story.) we might not even need Lich King or Deathwing to see a great Warcraft IV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I agree with OP that Warcraft has its spark that attracted tones of players. Even today I enjoy playing WC3 over and over again it is quite epic game.

What I expect from Warcraft 4?

First of all I'm willing with whole my heart that Warcraft 4 will play Prologue role in Warcrafts new Lore/Era. I except that when one War, one disagreement is settled and we will see The END to that era, Blizzard will release Warcraft 4 which will introduce new heroes (with some old ones too) and how new disagreement among some races grow grow and grow until they go in War (That can be "told" in 1 mission). Then in the Times of War new alliances of races are Forged and new heroes appear to that when you finish Warcraft 4 we will have new Expansion of WoW. There must be 40-60 Year time leaps
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I want 6 separate factions:
    1. The Alliance (consisting of human, dwarf, gnome, high elf troops).
    2. The Sentinels (consisting of night elf, worgen and draenei, ancient troops).
    3. The Horde (consisting of orcs, trolls, tauren, ogre troops).
    4. The Forsaken (consisting of undead, blood elf, val'kir abominations, banshees, etc troops, you know what I mean).
    5. The Naga (naga, murlocs, faceless ones, quid creatures).
    6. The Burning Legion (erredar, nathrezim, dreadlords, shivan/felguards).
    Pandaren, if they appear, are neutral. So are goblins.

The Alliance and the Sentinels are allied. The Horde and the Forsaken are allied. The Naga and the Burning Legion are allied. But in each alliance, the two smaller factions act for their own good first and foremost, sometimes even letting the other faction they are allied with's troops die if needed. A good example is a forsaken commander seeing orcs dieing, but knowing that if he aids them the legion will kill a large part of the forsaken troops too, so leaving with his troops and leaving the hordies to die. Or a sentinel leader shooing Alliance troops out of their lands because they don't want them there even if at the edge there's naga awaiting.

I also want to see one campaign for each faction, so 6 campaigns in total. They can release them 2 by 2, thus giving the game 2 expansions. Each campaign should have 11-15 missions. So the game/expansions should have 22-30 missions, because they have 2 campaigns.
    I also want to see something similar to Kerrigan's tree for abilities for the heroes we control. 3 major heroes per faction, one from each important race. The first mission is with all 3, then you chose one, and that's your flagship for the campaign, rest do something else.
    Shandris should be the night elf hero.

I also want some naval warfare.

And a great story.
    I do like this ^. It is very similar to the set up for wc3, which i loved, and HATED at the same time. I am a wc2 person, still play it, and the missing of naval combat hurt wc3. But, the factions in wc3 were amazing. The burning legion were originally going to be a playable race, but, they realized, why would an all powerful species of demons need such things as gold and lumber. It sorta still stands at this point, as they use portals to summon in their brethren, rather than training troops and arming them with weapons, or in the scourge's play, raising the dead and giving the dead new weapons.

But as for the Naga and Legion teaming up, it is impossible. As, the lore is, if the naga are "allied" with the faceless ones, or OLD GODS, then the old gods want nothing to do with legion. Its a hate hate relationship here with old gods and the legion.

But I fully support and wish for naval warfare.

I can only see this though happening after wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Id like for it to be turn based so you can actually have enough time to give orders without having to do it on the fly

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    naga could be their own faction... they were a faction in frozen throne (if campaign only)

There is no need for a Warcraft 4.
    World of Warcraft = Warcraft 4.
    Why is there even a thread discussing this? We get it, you miss playing single player campaigns at your parent's house and not talking to anyone.

As for the folks wanting to add a neutral faction or add <insert random NPC race here> please just go away. Every time you mention or suggest that, God kills a kitten. If you want it that badly, go make your own game and see how many people love your fanfic ideas there. It has no place in World of Warcraft though, leave it as it is. Please think of the kittens.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hanketsu View Post
    It's a way of referring to another Warcraft RTS as opposed to the MMO

Why is there even a thread discussing this? We get it, you miss playing single player campaigns at your parent's house and not talking to anyone.

As for the folks wanting to add a neutral faction or add <insert random NPC race here> please just go away. Every time you mention or suggest that, God kills a kitten. If you want it that badly, go make your own game and see how many people love your fanfic ideas there. It has no place in World of Warcraft though, leave it as it is. Please think of the kittens.
    I could see how someone like you could have missed this, by the Warcraft games and World of Warcraft are different game genres. If you can't handle the idea that people like different things for different reasons, you probably shouldn't be on the forums.

In fact, it sounds like you hate discussion and ideas in general. Why are you on these forums?

Deleted

This comment is retarded on so many levels my head imploded reading it.
    World of warcraft is an MMO, its not warcraft 4, its an MMO and it has none of the RTS components of Warcraft, the only similarity is the world they are taking place in.
    And When has "go make your own game" been a valid argument? Do we have the skills, resources, time to make a game? Bloody not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    I do like this ^. It is very similar to the set up for wc3, which i loved, and HATED at the same time. I am a wc2 person, still play it, and the missing of naval combat hurt wc3. But, the factions in wc3 were amazing. The burning legion were originally going to be a playable race, but, they realized, why would an all powerful species of demons need such things as gold and lumber. It sorta still stands at this point, as they use portals to summon in their brethren, rather than training troops and arming them with weapons, or in the scourge's play, raising the dead and giving the dead new weapons.

But as for the Naga and Legion teaming up, it is impossible. As, the lore is, if the naga are "allied" with the faceless ones, or OLD GODS, then the old gods want nothing to do with legion. Its a hate hate relationship here with old gods and the legion.

But I fully support and wish for naval warfare.

I can only see this though happening after wow.
    Thank you
    They could have a special way to deal with the demons (in the end, if we go and think about it, why did the scourge in WC3 need gold?) as in, have the troops mine metal or stone out of the mines since your demons need the metal for... cannons and gateway pillars or something. Kind of fits. Just because you have an army of demons doesn't mean they don't need armour.

I thought it would be an alliance of need so to say between the Legion and the naga, each thinking they're using the other. The naga would think they're using the Legion since they lack enough units great on land maybe and the Old Gods like to use everyone. The Legion would think they're using the naga since they need a secure location from where to start the invasion and the naga can offer them portals. I thought of this like the alliance between Sylvannas and Garithos. Neither liked the other, but worked together since it was the only way, and once they got rid of the threat they turned on one another.

To be honest I think a WC4 is needed. Many of the cool villans were established in the RTS series. Now, unlike the RTS series, the WoW MMO has a problem, whenever it introduces a new enemy, they either disappear for long, long periods of time, leading people to forget about them, or they rise and die between 1 patch and 1 expansion.
    For example, Magatha Grimtotem. She's now sort of an enemy, we established that in Cataclysm (she helped us for her own goals). Then poof, she was gone. Nobody knows what happened to her. Or the zandalari, they appear a bit every expansion, then poof, they're gone, like they never existed.
    An example of enemies that are risen and are gone within the timeframe of one patch up to one expansion are characters like Lei Shen (the big bad mogu, yet 1 patch later he's dead), or even guys from previous expansions, like the guy who betrayed the watchers of Ulduar, killed in a few quests, or even Garrosh, which, let's be honest, has been on the path of villan for only this expansion yet he might be ended soon.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2013-05-06 at 10:28 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    For example, Magda Grimtotem. She's now sort of an enemy, we established that in Cataclysm (she helped us for her own goals). Then poof, she was gone. Nobody knows what happened to her.
    Magatha Grimtotem

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Magatha Grimtotem
    Thank you for pointing it out, fixed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you
    They could have a special way to deal with the demons (in the end, if we go and think about it, why did the scourge in WC3 need gold?) as in, have the troops mine metal or stone out of the mines since your demons need the metal for... cannons and gateway pillars or something. Kind of fits. Just because you have an army of demons doesn't mean they don't need armour.

I thought it would be an alliance of need so to say between the Legion and the naga, each thinking they're using the other. The naga would think they're using the Legion since they lack enough units great on land maybe and the Old Gods like to use everyone. The Legion would think they're using the naga since they need a secure location from where to start the invasion and the naga can offer them portals. I thought of this like the alliance between Sylvannas and Garithos. Neither liked the other, but worked together since it was the only way, and once they got rid of the threat they turned on one another.

To be honest I think a WC4 is needed. Many of the cool villans were established in the RTS series. Now, unlike the RTS series, the WoW MMO has a problem, whenever it introduces a new enemy, they either disappear for long, long periods of time, leading people to forget about them, or they rise and die between 1 patch and 1 expansion.
    For example, Magatha Grimtotem. She's now sort of an enemy, we established that in Cataclysm (she helped us for her own goals). Then poof, she was gone. Nobody knows what happened to her. Or the zandalari, they appear a bit every expansion, then poof, they're gone, like they never existed.
    An example of enemies that are risen and are gone within the timeframe of one patch up to one expansion are characters like Lei Shen (the big bad mogu, yet 1 patch later he's dead), or even guys from previous expansions, like the guy who betrayed the watchers of Ulduar, killed in a few quests, or even Garrosh, which, let's be honest, has been on the path of villan for only this expansion yet he might be ended soon.
    Demons want to destroy the entire races on Azeroth, Naga included.

The Naga should be alone, as a fifth race. that is, if naval warfare is added because that would make Naga forces very versatile as they are all amphibian. a horde of Naga can easily outnumber and destroy ships and strike at bases from water. the penalty should be that they have little to no air power (but they still have ranged units to take down air units.)
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-05-07 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panda's being there own "faction"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Import your character into WCIV as a “Hero” character

Since you can tie Real-ID to games, why can’t there be something to attach Characters from WoW to WCIV and Visa-versa? Now, I don’t think it should “remove” your character from WoW (you’ll probably be playing both, after all) but it would simply be an option to “copy” the name and other elements to WCIV and visa-versa.

So… the first question is – item models! How would that work as that could be a TON of data!!

Obviously they won’t put every armor/weapon model in the game as that’s a stupid amount of work – But they CAN have some options to skirt the issue.

1) Create 20 generic Alliance/Horde race models that are Male/female (probably already done via the normal game) – but then create 20 “Heroic faction/class armor sets” for every class. Then they can attach your name to, say, the Horde Orc Hero Mage model if your character is a Orc Mage.

2) If they want to expand slightly on this, they could allow your hair model/color and skin tone for your head to be imported too with just your head showing, and the rest of your body is covered by the Hero Armor

3) I would highly doubt they could actually use your in-game armor and weapons as that’s too much data to put into WCIV for just a gimmick… but the only possible way I could think of doing this while making it economical is allowing some way to “Scan” your WoW character graphics directly from WoW into your local Warcraft IV gameslot for that character. The only problem with this is that chances are the in-game models won’t have “slots” that show armor – and that would need a whole new re-write of code in that case.

As far as I know, WoW runs on a WC3 engine that has been updated several times. Maybe it would even be easier to use existing 3D-models of all the stuff than to make new ones for WC4. I think it can't be harder to convert your character to WC4 than to have a 3D-model on the armory and for those figure-prints.

So, what would the potential advantages/benefits/rewards be?

Going from WoW to WCIV:
    there should be no statistic advantage given other than an additional Hero-class character (Rogue Hero, for example). Perhaps they may be given a few signature attacks or three from WoW for that specific class to use.

I’m not sure if they can do story elements around your character as that would create extra work for Blizz. WCIV needs to be a stand-alone game for those who don’t play WoW. But it would be nice to have at least one or three custom scripted events that have your characters be praised for their efforts.

Returning from WCIV back to WoW:
    It would be great if you beat WCIV with your character, and then you can re-import/attach cool stuff back to your WoW character due to your victory! Things like the following:

An Achievment “Participated in the Fourth War!”
    A “letter of Commendation” - sends you to your faction leader for a special reward.
    A transmogable “WCIV Class Hero set” to make your current in-game armor resemble that of the armor you wore in WCIV
    A special title “Veteran of the Fourth War”– this could work as part of quest that sends you to your faction leader. He then “rewards” you publically with the title for your deeds

That’s all I can think of ATM. What say you all?
    The ideas are great so far! One thing that I thought about is that there won't be any necessary importing/exporting, since there won't be any offline-version of Warcraft IV (I'm almost sure there won't be any). So, why not just loading your WoW-character with it's current gear and title (I hope stats won't matter) when starting WC4, adding the 2 or 3 WC4 items you can carry with you?

For your Character it's just the same as if you return from a battleground / instance. From a roleplaying point of view, it's very close to all that Caverns-of-Time stuff.

I agree with titles as rewards for your progress in the new game - they could even add other cosmetic stuff like pets, mounts or weapon and armor skins.

To add something to the story:

I'd like them to build up some new characters with WC4, just like the many ones they did with WC3, but they could also put a spotlight on characters that could use some attention - Med'an, Krasus, Nozdormu, the Saurfang-brothers etc.

They could even go back and forth in time - I really like the idea to add more to the Draenei race. Maybe some kind of subrace with bronze, silver or golden skin, some relatives like many other races have by now (not just the regular Eredar). Their culture could be totally different from the Draenei's one we know so far.

All these people ridiculing Warcraft III and praising WoW need to learn some respect. Without the creation and success of the first Warcraft RTS games, World of Warcraft would never have even existed. Bashing Warcraft III while playing WoW is akin to rejecting your father.

I have never played WoW but it looks fun if RPG's are your cup of tea. Unfortunately they are not mine. Warcraft IV is probably going to remain a pipe dream for years to come but I'll be the first in line when it's finally released.

As for things that actually contribute to the discussion, I would like to see:

-Minimalistic HUD, ideally customizable (i.e. you can move the move/resize the minimap and other elements of the HUD as if they were widgets)
    -Naval units and an oil resource like in Warcraft 2. Maybe not viable in most competitive matches but could be utilized on water maps
    -Ability to build walls like in Warcraft 2
    -More races? I'm really not sure about this. Definitely more heroes though, maybe 5 for each race and more unique merc heroes
    -Larger variety of items to customize heroes
    -Some units that can also carry (And may or may not be able to use) items
    -Updated UI like in Starcraft 2 (Advanced command queing, etc.)

As for importing characters from WoW, sounds like something that could be fun for single player, but would ultimately be incredibly hard to implement. To do that they would need to have the same intricate item system that is included in WoW, which IMO is much too complex for an RTS game. Obviously it would be impossible to balance in multiplayer as well, as many people would have nothing to import.
    Last edited by mkultra; 2013-07-27 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    I think a warcraft set during the Cataclysm through to the Pandaria campaign would work pretty well since it's the height of the horde/alliance war.

Alternatively if the next expansion is to be Burning Legion a warcraft set during then could work nicely.

Would be cool to also be able to transfer one of your wow characters to the game as a hero unit.

I'd love to see a Warcraft RPG like Dragon Age/Skyrim.

cool campaign based on story/lore like it was in WC3, however id rather skip Pandas campaign
    AI pathfinding like in SC2 (cause in WC3 it was bullshit)

their RTS team finishes its work in like 1.5year so maybe theyll get into WC4
    Last edited by Milerks; 2013-07-27 at 08:00 PM.

Perhaps they could make a WC4 as an "alternate" universe/timeline to the current, would be kinda nice to play the RTS again.