Ret gemming in 5.3 [PVP]

Was reading the PVP forums and found http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ter-patch-quot

Which made me wonder...

With the gutting of PVP Power/Resil (FFS MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!), for those of us PVPing as Ret, how will you be gemming?

Sticking with straight resil/power gems?
    Go back to PVE gem style of Str+Haste/Haste?
    Start stacking Str?

Personally, I'm thinking since there is so much time off target in PVP, we'd be better pushing STR over the haste focus in PVE we have now. Additional benefits would be better healing and damage, but at the cost of longer GCDs/ability CDs. Probably still worth putting STR/power or Haste/Power in blue sockets though, yes?

Ugh...title should be 5.3, not 5.2. Mods HALP!
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-05-03 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    If pvp power doesnt cut it i'll go haste.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    If pvp power doesnt cut it i'll go haste.
    Haste is only important to a certain point.
    In PvP there is never 100% up time, so it really diminishes after a point.
    Especially with no LUST and ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking Mastery, considering the buff to 30%. But as much as we don't have the same uptime as on PVE, Haste still get to GCD important thing so we can use FoL, Hand os Sac, Hand of Prot, WoGs, etc...

About Str or PVP Power, I'd like some math about it. I remember reading it was the best to go 3 PVP Power for 1 Strength, but since we've been staking resil... well, we're just gonna have to look at it all over again.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    I'm thinking Mastery, considering the buff to 30%. But as much as we don't have the same uptime as on PVE, Haste still get to GCD important thing so we can use FoL, Hand os Sac, Hand of Prot, WoGs, etc...

About Str or PVP Power, I'd like some math about it. I remember reading it was the best to go 3 PVP Power for 1 Strength, but since we've been staking resil... well, we're just gonna have to look at it all over again.
    While I agree with haste's value to the GCD, it gives no benefit to actual DAMAGE, nor to healing. I definitely won't be stacking mastery, personally, as so much of our damage in PVP is ranged (Judge, Exo) or otherwise non-beneficial from mastery. Plus, it does nothing for our heals. Adding in the new nerfs to PVP related gems, further devalues them in gem slots, but also have to consider that they're not available elsewhere...so I dunno about resil.

Basically, I think I'll be going STR in red, STR/Haste in Yellow, and STR/Power in blues. Personally, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...