Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    Rage management is pretty simple and static, RB charge management too, as our enrage and RB uptime has got higher throughout the x pac the spec has become more and more stable and kinda less fun, rng can be horrid but when its that stale its just as bad
    The term static fits quite good. Personally I think that while it might be easier to handle scaling for them rage now feels pretty lame in return.

10+ Year Old Account
    its removed some of the fun of what a warrior has always been. i'm unsure if the changes have been for the better tbh.

sometimes its almost dull and routine.
    Hi

Deleted
    Personally, I think Reck should have stayed at 100% crit chance, 5 min CD. It's so frustrating to have a CD that's still subject to RNG.

Ideally, they could have made Fury have a passive that reduces the CD of Reck to 3 mins but gives 60% crit chance (pretty much 100% on bloodthirst still), which would be a DPS buff. Arms keeps the 100% 5 min CD, but also gets the old Deadly Calm 2 min Cooldown back where everything costs zero rage for 15 sec or so. I loved the old Deadly Calm ;(

I also feel that Dragon Roar is very boring, because it's basically mandatory in PvE. Bladestorm should be buffed considerably and should swap places with Stormbolt, and Stormbolt, Shockwave and DR should be equal in damage on a single target.

This allows the following choices that atm do not exist:

"AoE" tier changed to "Stun" tier:
    Stormbolt - single target, 30 yard range, 3 sec stun - 30 sec CD
    Shockwave - conal, 10 yard range, 4 sec stun - 40 sec CD
    Dragon Roar - circular, 8 yard range, 1 sec stun (should be buffed slightly on the stun). 60 sec CD

All do equal damage single target (i.e. 2x Stormbolt = 1x Dragon Roar etc), obviously DR will line up with Bloodbath, so that choice is still arguably preferable, but Stormbolt also lines up with BB and Enragex2, Shockwave lines up with CS etc., so the options should be quite close

Damage cooldown tier:
    Avatar = Deathwish remake with a root break
    Bloodbath = Current DoT mechanic
    Bladestorm = equivalent damage to Avatar and Bloodbath single target

Deleted
    I Agree, the Talents have to be swapped, making t60 the stun and t90 the mobility/anti cc tier. Only difference is that i think those talents shouldnt be balanced around single target dmg, because then there will always be a winner in terms of dmg. Each Talent should rather have its own niche in terms of dps, so zou could choose freely depending on the encounter...

Deleted
    But surely if they were balanced you would be free to choose whichever one you want because of how cool they are? I reeeeeaaaally want to use Bladestorm. But it is completely non-viable as Arms this expansion.

Deleted
    yes but a bladestorm that does equal dmg to bloodbath and avatar single target would be clearly the winner in every case where adds are involved, and thus making it the default choice since there would be no reason to ever take any other talent. Thats kinda like it is today with bloodbath...

Also there will always be a mathematical winner in single target (even if its only 5dps) and people will take that talent. So why not just give each Talent its own Place: Bladestorm for aoe, bloobath for steady single target, Avatar for long burnphases...
    Last edited by mmoc6ca09c3993; 2013-05-07 at 10:22 AM.

I get the idea behind it but I can't say I would like it
    there already are classes that do the whole "low cooldown, not that powerful" CDs already, no need to turn every class into that

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    yes but a bladestorm that does equal dmg to bloodbath and avatar single target would be clearly the winner in every case where adds are involved, and thus making it the default choice since there would be no reason to ever take any other talent. Thats kinda like it is today with bloodbath...
    Not to mention that awkward 1min 30s cd, unlike Dragon Roar which lines up so beautifully with Bloodbath. They could always give Bladestorm the Blade Flurry treatment and just make it's damage split over all targets in range, making it a good single target and aoe choice. Maybe raise the cd to 2minutes too and buff the damage, so it doesn't constantly desync with Bloodbath.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

The 1:30 cd on bladestorm makes it line up with adds that spawn every 45 secs like tortos/lei shen .

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    The 1:30 cd on bladestorm makes it line up with adds that spawn every 45 secs like tortos/lei shen .
    Exactly, there's about 2 fights in the entire tier where it's even worth bothering with Bladestorm, and only if you are TG.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Exactly, there's about 2 fights in the entire tier where it's even worth bothering with Bladestorm, and only if you are TG.
    Erm I think I used it on a couple more encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Horridon, Council(definitely if you get living sands, debatable if you don't), Tortos(heroic, if your raid kills bats), Magaera(heroic), Ji-Kun, Durumu(heroic), Lei Shen

Hell, that's more fights worth using it on than not.

If you have ele shamans/locks/boomkins, then you really don't need BS at all on Durumu.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    If you have ele shamans/locks/boomkins, then you really don't need BS at all on Durumu.
    You say "need" it like it's somehow a negative thing you're forced to bring along rather than being a positive thing you're taking advantage of regardless of the number of ele shamans/locks/boomkins in your raid.

Most first kills of Durumu HM run into enrage issues. I much rather bring solid single target dps with Dragon Roar than "help" with icewalls which frankly are going to die super fast anyway if you have locks/boomkins/ele shamans.

Bladestorm for TG isn't that bad for single target either, but it takes the whole 6 secs of rotation out what is a problem for some, and usually needs berserker rage to be used on the middle, so enrage buff won't drop during it (and decrease it's overall damage).

Since I use it now on HC horridon, I've noticed that I can keep with my hunter mate longer on the start burst (250-300k damage) up to the second colossus, if I start normal rotation with reck+banner burst and burn my startup bladestorm just after reck drops (or when my BT's stop critting). Especially if my Trinket(s) proc on start so the whole duration of bladestorm is affected by feather while it seems to proc metagem a lot frequently too. So the single target damage isn't that much of a issue at least for TG, however the 1.5min cd and 6s duration gives some problems with aligning cooldowns why just hitting DR is a clear winner choice on single target rotations... :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kankipappa View Post
    Bladestorm for TG isn't that bad for single target either, but it takes the whole 6 secs of rotation out what is a problem for some, and usually needs berserker rage to be used on the middle, so enrage buff won't drop during it (and decrease it's overall damage).

Since I use it now on HC horridon, I've noticed that I can keep with my hunter mate longer on the start burst (250-300k damage) up to the second colossus, if I start normal rotation with reck+banner burst and burn my startup bladestorm just after reck drops (or when my BT's stop critting). Especially if my Trinket(s) proc on start so the whole duration of bladestorm is affected by feather while it seems to proc metagem a lot frequently too. So the single target damage isn't that much of a issue at least for TG, however the 1.5min cd and 6s duration gives some problems with aligning cooldowns why just hitting DR is a clear winner choice on single target rotations... :P
    If you are using BS for single target...you're doing it wrong UNLESS it's being used for AoE at some point in the fight. Might be just how I read it hehe :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodyne View Post
    Personally, I think Reck should have stayed at 100% crit chance, 5 min CD. It's so frustrating to have a CD that's still subject to RNG.

Ideally, they could have made Fury have a passive that reduces the CD of Reck to 3 mins but gives 60% crit chance (pretty much 100% on bloodthirst still), which would be a DPS buff. Arms keeps the 100% 5 min CD, but also gets the old Deadly Calm 2 min Cooldown back where everything costs zero rage for 15 sec or so. I loved the old Deadly Calm ;(

I also feel that Dragon Roar is very boring, because it's basically mandatory in PvE. Bladestorm should be buffed considerably and should swap places with Stormbolt, and Stormbolt, Shockwave and DR should be equal in damage on a single target.

This allows the following choices that atm do not exist:

"AoE" tier changed to "Stun" tier:
    Stormbolt - single target, 30 yard range, 3 sec stun - 30 sec CD
    Shockwave - conal, 10 yard range, 4 sec stun - 40 sec CD
    Dragon Roar - circular, 8 yard range, 1 sec stun (should be buffed slightly on the stun). 60 sec CD

All do equal damage single target (i.e. 2x Stormbolt = 1x Dragon Roar etc), obviously DR will line up with Bloodbath, so that choice is still arguably preferable, but Stormbolt also lines up with BB and Enragex2, Shockwave lines up with CS etc., so the options should be quite close

Damage cooldown tier:
    Avatar = Deathwish remake with a root break
    Bloodbath = Current DoT mechanic
    Bladestorm = equivalent damage to Avatar and Bloodbath single target
    I agree with this, this seems like a good ground to work on. CCs are reasonably reallocated and numbers can always be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Most first kills of Durumu HM run into enrage issues. I much rather bring solid single target dps with Dragon Roar than "help" with icewalls which frankly are going to die super fast anyway if you have locks/boomkins/ele shamans.
    And they'll die faster if you hit BS, which will up your raid's DPS on Durumu by far more than you'll lose by using BS over DR. If you think its damage contribution for time spent using it doesn't "help", you're just wrong.

ye pretty much what xanthan said, bladestorm isn't a necessity and a lot of wars have gone 1h anyway this tier for mroe single target, but we are below most ranged on single target so using BS to help burst on certain fights jsut means the ranged spend less time aoeing and more time doing superior single target anyway, its a win/win.