Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly think at the very least there should be a percentage-based threshold for ALL ccs breaking. I think fear should break extremely early, roots a little longer, stuns a little longer etc. But the pointless RNG of going from 70-10% in a fear without it even pretending to break while running you in utterly random, often completely fatal positions isn't too much fun, in my opinion.

I'm kinda sick of every class having to have a stun, silence, interrupt, fear w/e mechanic, often spammable. I know there'd probably be even more whining if certain classes/specs lost their precious game-breakers now but I, for one, would definitely enjoy PvP a HELL of a lot more if CC toolkits were toned down massively. A certain poster above me stated that 60-70% of the game "in control" of your character is pretty good. Not only is that often not the case (sup MLD? etc) but how is that a good thing..? Especially when it's often next to impossible to break the chain, and even if you do, they still have emergency CCs to tide you over until the next CC is off DRs, e.g deeps, ursols, SF/DC etc etc.

Just not fun in my opinion.

The number of times my melee toons have been blown up by mages while in their inexhaustible roots makes me want to suggest that roots break on damage, or at least drop the damage threshold a lot lower then it currently is.

@serenka - Stuns aren't a Rogue thing anymore. Sure they still have a couple, but other classes have more stuns with lower cooldowns. I get stun locked more by Warriors now-a-days.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    As Deathgoose said, by having stuns break on damage, you are essentially making them into incapacitates. You're not "making stuns break on damage," you're removing them from the game entirely.
    Why would that be bad though? If you're already causing other CC to break on any damage. You want them to stay as they are just to avoid redundancy?

Deleted
    How would any team kill a healer is my only question? 15 sec interrupts vs someone that cast once every minute and rest is instant casts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ccs like fear, roots, cyclone would be ok if they had a cooldown of 30 ish seconds. Like hex.

Its just so frustrating to get feared repeatedly. Or sit in a cyclone forever. I dont even use a trink sometimes anymore. Its cd is too long and i just get feared immediately again anyway.

Basically when a wild warlock appears and fears you , just go make a sandwich.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Menzo View Post
    Hey peeps,

Just tossing an idea out there, what if all cc would break on dmg taken including stuns. Getting stunlocked and pwned down to 0% health isnt fun, so what would happen if the cc would just break on dmg taken. I play a lock and some times i can chaos bolt people twice before the fear break, that doesnt seem fair to me either.
    You'd have some pissed off rogues :P

All hard cc should break instantly on damage. Stuns should not but stun durations across the board should be halved.

Actually cut all cc duration in the game by half. With the 5.3 changes to pvp power the game WON'T come down to "train a target" but instead will force you to THINK about your cc's and your target swaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

If you are going to give stuns, disorient, incapitate, etc all the same consequences then basically its all the same thing

Stuns should at least have diminishing returns.

Getting stunlocked and pwned down to 0% health isnt fun
    I play a lock.
    Uh...okay.

Terrible idea. Most classes and a lot of specs would have to be looked at and re-balanced to make up for such a massive change.

fears should break after like 10-20% hp lost from dots, direct dmg instantly same with roots stuns should not break on dmg and like a 3 sec immunity after u trinket to cc would be a cool idea to try i think oh and horror efects should really DR with fears (or make blood horror cost more hp)

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey peeps,

Just tossing an idea out there, what if all cc would break on dmg taken including stuns. Getting stunlocked and pwned down to 0% health isnt fun, so what would happen if the cc would just break on dmg taken. I play a lock and some times i can chaos bolt people twice before the fear break, that doesnt seem fair to me either.
    I support this. 100% uptime on fear and stun is just bullsh*t.

All CC should be on one Dr table. And Fear should break instantly with anything but Dots and all other CC breaks on ANY dmg.

Deleted
    I would like to see this, makes sense to me. Although some of you have said some CC should not be breakable like stuns, in that case then leave stuns as they are but when your stunned you should take less damage, or the guy who stunned you should do less damage to the player they've stunned.. They could even make it work like Priest spectral guise, if your hit with 2/3 attacks (maybe not dots but proper hits and auto attacks?) then your CC breaks, whatever CC your under.. Cyclone/Hex though? wtf can we do bout these two bumhole CCs ? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    fucking physfiend. the pvp trinket needs to apply a few second cc immunity, you trinket an 8second fear, and just go right into a 5second fear. fears seem out of control this patch, sometimes its breaking at a decent time for me, other times i go from 100%-20% in a fear because it just wont break.
    5 second fear? Nope.