Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSnail View Post
    I've always wondered, why did Blizzard choose to create an expansion based upon asian culture when the game got famous thanks to western culture? Why did they have to radically change something that was working great so far?
    You best be trolling. ITS A FANTASY GAME!.

I know, lets set the next game in downtown New York, thatl fix the Western problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asian-themed and Oriental rules expansions have been a staple of RPG games since pen-and-paper games. It was inevitable.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    I personally liked the asian theme and the philosophy introduced in the quests/story and all that. It offered more depths and actually teaches you a thing or two. The concepts of patience, understanding and selflessness seem to be forgotten in today's society.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    I find your complaining unfinished and unpolished.
    I am not really complaining, just stating some facts and making healthy assumptions.

Deleted
    When the Pandaria trailer was first shown, a lot of people complained about how it doesn't fit into WoW and how it was going to be an expansion that caters to kids and asian fans that like pokemon and pandas. Now people don't seem to mind much anymore. Expansion was very well-received, some people even claiming it's the best expansion so far.

I am not really complaining, just stating some facts and making healthy assumptions.
    You mean opinions and unhealthy speculation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah337 View Post
    And if all the previous expansions haven't convinced you then also think about the global marketing that Blizz wants to do.

Appealing to more Asian/Eastern cultures expands the reach of the game greatly.
    Actually, this isn't true at all. There are many asian-themed mmos that are doing much better job in this matter, so if anyone wanted to play asian themed mmos they would choose different game than WoW. Also asian players were playing WoW because it wasn't asian themed, just look at huge subscriber drop in asia.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    When the Pandaria trailer was first shown, a lot of people complained about how it doesn't fit into WoW and how it was going to be an expansion that caters to kids and asian fans that like pokemon and pandas. Now people don't seem to mind much anymore. Expansion was very well-received, some people even claiming it's the best expansion so far.
    This is all cool, but sub numbers are dropping, so there has to be a problem somewhere.

Not a big lore or art person.
    I judge expansions on how much fun i have in them, and i would rank mop somewhere in the middle. Not bad but not so good either. I have no problem with people playing pandas or the asian theme.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    personally... my favorite theme was northrend (excluding zuldrak) had the whole viking theme going on with it and the scourge were nice too. but pandas are race i dislike second of all in game

There is nothing wrong with a Asian theme. This is World of Warcraft, not Medieval demon vikings of Warcraft.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Personally I don't like the extreme Asian drift that the Pandaren have. I like playing Aion and Tera, but this has no place in Wow lore. If they want to make new places seem different from the original Azeroth going with something like Outland is a much better idea. There are limits to how much real cultures should influence a fantasy game and MOP pushes that limit too far. How would people react if the next expansion had a tropical island with races of black skinned humanoids living in tribal soceity? Wouldn't be pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't expecting to like it, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    World of Warcraft.
    The 'World' doesn't mean OUR world.

I still play but i still have a big feeling MoP and Pandaren just don't fit.

Imagine running around Burning steppes or plaguelands in classic - ''Yeah! fighting dragons and undead! For the Horde/Alliance'' then you see a Pandaren just roll by, it really breaks immersion for Western Medevil fantasy
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Deleted
    Actually, this isn't true at all. There are many asian-themed mmos that are doing much better job in this matter, so if anyone wanted to play asian themed mmos they would choose different game than WoW. Also asian players were playing WoW because it wasn't asian themed, just look at huge subscriber drop in asia.

---------- Post added 2013-05-04 at 11:41 PM ----------

This is all cool, but sub numbers are dropping, so there has to be a problem somewhere.
    Sub numbers dropped at the end of Catclysm, down to 9 million. They are now up to about 10 million again and not dropping by any significant amount.

it is not even just a "Asian" them but one that is about what it is like when people with western idea meet people with eastern ones and how that changes us all.

best expac after wotlk

mod edit: keep it civil people. I understand that you feel butthurt, but try to communicate like people not like monkeys.
    That's some professional moderating right there

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Sub numbers dropped at the end of Catclysm, down to 9 million. They are now up to about 10 million again and not dropping by any significant amount.
    The sub numbers went up to over 10 million at the end Q3 2012 when MOP was released by the end of Q4, despite Christmas, 5.1 and MOP China launch, they had gone back down to 9.6 million.

Why did they make Trolls have a Caribbean Island theme to them when the game is boosted by a non Caribbean audience?

Why did Northrend have a Norse theme to it when the game is clearly not designed for vikings to play?

Why did they make Uldum have an ancient Egyptian theme when ancient Egyptians didnt have computers?

Why are Tauren based on Native Americans when the game is clearly aimed at a white man from across the seas audience?

Why are Night Elves based on dirty hippies when clearly no one likes dirty hippies?

See, I can do it too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    How would people react if the next expansion had a tropical island with races of black skinned humanoids living in tribal soceity? Wouldn't be pretty.
    as long as its not all gloom and doom green warlocky fel puke... id be perfectly fine with it. i actually love tropical beaches! and since this thread is a repeat, ill add this in as repeat also: northrend is based largely on Norse culture. and it was acceptable? why not have an amazing Asian experience on an island? i dont like outlands.. so i speed level past it to get to the stuff i like. you can do the same next year when we have the next expac out
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.