Best DPS classes in 5.2

In my humble opinion for PVE dps, I'd have to say in 522 gear you're looking at..

Top tier: Unholy DK, Assassination Rogue, All Warlocks, Fire Mage

Middle tier: Fury Warrior, Frost DK, Shadow Priest, Boomkin, Survival Hunter, Feral Druid, Subtlety Rogue, Ret Paladin

Low tier (not BAD classes by any means, just by comparison): Enhancement Shaman, Combat Rogue, Frost Mage

Don't bother: BM and Marks Hunters, WW Monk, Arcane Mage, Elemental Shaman, Arms Warrior

Fellow raiders, how do you feel about what you've seen on meters this patch? Do you agree or disagree with this list? Would love to hear what you think.

(I personally play a 522 fire mage and am 12/12 normal ToT just so you know I'm not talking out of my backside, making crap up..)

Due to how alot of the fights work. Sub isn't even middle of the road. Combat would be a overall higher dps than sub due to how the fights work and geting behind targets etc etc

Disagree hunters are defiantly mid tier Dyveriate for BL beats most mages.

Now that I read in full 522 gear hunter is still good, will be even better come 5.3

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a WW monk in my guild 512 ilvl pulling 120k dps on durumu. had 39 seconds total of being stunned life drained as well as getting lingering gaze twice for losses of dps, I wouldn't consider WW monks by any means in the dont bother area, same with ele shaman, also have a friend did 125k on durumu with 508 ilvl, while these numbers arent amazing by any means I wouldn't consider them in the dont bother area.. BM hunter and marks hunter I have not seen one good one yet though.

I personally play a 519 Arcane Mage and raid with a WW Monk and Ele Shaman, all of which are VERY competitive (135k+ on Iron Qon).

Some players just know how to play. My guild leader is a shadow priest that beats us all on council, horridon, and primordius EASY, and we have me on fire mage and an affliction lock too and still gets us every time. So I will completely agree there are many outliers! Part of my sorting was influenced by logs and average parses between classes (like raidbots.com) and personal observations. I think the 5.2 balance is pretty good overall! But because of the very nature of every class and spec bringing something different to the table, all skill levels being equal (which will never happen lol) class vs class there is someone that comes in first place and someone that comes in last no? I do not disagree that skill is huge and SHOULD be. Pat on the back for no autowin classes this time around like arcane in 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarielrdm View Post
    In my humble opinion for PVE dps, I'd have to say in 522 gear you're looking at..

Middle tier: Fury Warrior, Frost DK, Shadow Priest, Boomkin, Survival Hunter, Feral Druid, Subtlety Rogue, Ret Paladin

Question: What makes you think unholy DK's are top tier and Frost DK's are middle? What leads you to believe this? From my own experience ingame (I have full malev, 5 piece tyr including weapon, enchants, gems, etc.) frost is WAY better for damage than unholy. Are you talking about PvE? I mean it's not even like I don't know how to play unholy either, it just doesn't quite do it compared to frost in my opinion. The damage bursts that you get with frost just rip other classes to shreds if they aren't being healed, and I find with unholy that the damage is more steady but wayyy less in comparison. I ussually eat up unholy DK's.
    not trying to be a dick, just curious what your reasoning is for this

EDIT: nvm I saw he was talking about PvE not PvP
    Think for yourself.

In my humble opinion for PVE dps ^

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrod View Post
    I personally play a 519 Arcane Mage and raid with a WW Monk and Ele Shaman, all of which are VERY competitive (135k+ on Iron Qon).
    All this support for arcane is kind of exciting. I dropped arcane in favor of fire when 5.2 hit because with the nerf and new rotation, I wasn't getting very good results and was almost sat

Fire picked me right back up into the fray. With 522 now, I wonder how different things are! It makes me want to try it again.

Part of my sorting was influenced by logs and average parses between classes (like raidbots.com)
    There are some problems with this. For example, within (pure) classes with a dominating spec the other specs will be looking worse on the statistics than they are in reality. This is most notably due to a lack of people playing the specs on a raid level. Classes that have a higher skill cap can also appear lower in comparison to the others, despite being potentially more than fine. Furthermore, many of the people appearing on the listed sources have higher than 522 ilvl.

I can further give you an example, still regarding arcane mages. I was having some connection problems this week and most specifically on Durumu 25H on which I disconnected a minute or so into the fight. I managed to do around 45k effective dps. The result was rank 6 on World of Logs. That value will be calculated even into the top arcane parses.

Relying too much on personal experience is risky as well. That said, you probably do acknowledge the problems with your own methods, but I think that as a result of them you have also managed to make quite some misjudgements.

It makes me want to try it again.
    Expect your nether tempest to hit like a truck for one.

Don't bother with BM?

It is the highest single target dps spec for hunters atm, granted most fights favour SV (especially Hardmodes), but in a purely single target fight i.e. N Durumu BM is the better choice.
    Last edited by Aircroth; 2013-05-05 at 05:36 AM.

All this support for arcane is kind of exciting. I dropped arcane in favor of fire when 5.2 hit because with the nerf and new rotation, I wasn't getting very good results and was almost sat

Fire picked me right back up into the fray. With 522 now, I wonder how different things are! It makes me want to try it again.
    Just make sure you have your T15 4 set and you'll do well.

10+ Year Old Account

Low tier (not BAD classes by any means, just by comparison): Enhancement Shaman, Combat Rogue, Frost Mage

Don't bother: BM and Marks Hunters, WW Monk, Arcane Mage, Elemental Shaman, Arms Warrior

Fellow raiders, how do you feel about what you've seen on meters this patch? Do you agree or disagree with this list? Would love to hear what you think.

(I personally play a 522 fire mage and am 12/12 normal ToT just so you know I'm not talking out of my backside, making crap up..)
    This is pretty bad.

BM Hunter can top MM and Surv easily.
    And saying to not bother BM is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?