Poll: Should roots have HP?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

All roots should have hp

All roots should have hp so that melee can kill them. So they dont have to sit in them for 8s or force healers to use dispel on roots. It will make pvp way more fun for melee.

Even when roots had hp in Ulduar, other people had to kill them for you.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Or how about an even better solution: all roots break on damage and/or root durations across the board reduced by 50%.

Casters/ranged are already flat out better than melee. Hell, even the weakest caster (elemental shaman) will be competitive with the best melee come 5.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

This is for pvp. The reason is that if your comp dosent have freedoms. Roots are op.

Nah. If they're really that big a problem, cut the durations and cut the dispels.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbeef-LB View Post
    All roots should have hp so that melee can kill them. So they dont have to sit in them for 8s or force healers to use dispel on roots. It will make pvp way more fun for melee.
    Roots should have the casters HP and res, but can only be killed by other players no pets or minions.
    And when I say other players I mean other than the player rooted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Tendrils WONT break to damage to rooted target.. All other roots DO break to damage to rooted targets. Sure, its not that hard to kill tendrils in both PvE and PvP, but there are situations in which targets dont get out of roots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

This is almost as bad an idea as that 'wow should have gold tax' one in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey can people who play casters can play this game too!?

Roots should not share DR with any other root regardless of duration... and always should be un-despellabe! also they should drain 10% of target's HP per second of duration and that 10% will be added to the caster's HP! if caster is at 100% HP should be dealt back to the rooted target as shadow damage!

hmm.. actually, biased irrationality is fun.. i can see why you'd make a thread like this now!

carry on

Infracted for trolling.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-05-06 at 05:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Or how about an even better solution: all roots break on damage and/or root durations across the board reduced by 50%.

Casters/ranged are already flat out better than melee. Hell, even the weakest caster (elemental shaman) will be competitive with the best melee come 5.3.
    don't overreact =D DK, rogue, feral and to a lesser extend monks are still better than ele

Deleted
    Nah, I play mostly melee but they are not a super trouble.

Deleted
    If you're going to nerf rooting, you need to get rid of all the root-breaks.

If you're going to nerf fear, you need to get rid of all the fear-breaks.

Simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would be ok with this only if all stuns have HP also.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Deleted
    It will also make pvp way more frustrating for casters.

Roots having a reasonable amount of health would actually encourage more thinking.

If you had to blow some sort of minor CD (a rising sun kick, mortal strike, hemo, mangle - something that cost a cooldown or resource) then it'd add some more depth. Melee would have to debate whether to use an attack to break the root (and then reach the target with less damage), or sit the root and pool resources.

Interesting idea for sure.

Deleted
    Almost every root can be dispelled. There is 1 that can't be dispelled, and you can destroy it. Tell your healer to avoid cc so he can dispel you.

Deleted
    Maybe reduce casting/attack speed by 25-50% while PvP targets are rooted or feared...

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Almost every root can be dispelled. There is 1 that can't be dispelled, and you can destroy it. Tell your healer to avoid cc so he can dispel you.
    The idea is to make it so that healers dont have to dispel roots.They can use there dispels on more important things like deep freeze,fears,sheeps... Its even worst when a melee is stuck in los of his healer and is stuck in a root for 8 sec. It would be way more fun if the melee could kill the root and get out atleast 2 or 3 seconds under the 8s root duration. It would give melee something to do while in roots.

Deleted
    The idea is to make it so that healers dont have to dispel roots.They can use there dispels on more important things like deep freeze,fears,sheeps... Its even worst when a melee is stuck in los of his healer and is stuck in a root for 8 sec. It would be way more fun if the melee could kill the root and get out atleast 2 or 3 seconds under the 8s root duration. It would give melee something to do while in roots.
    Are you aware that this change would completely break pvp? You are supposed to sit in roots sometimes. You can't have 100% uptime on a target. Roots (and every other cc) punish melees for not being in los (of their healer).
    For example, mage will destroy you, if you let him cast, because he's balanced around spamming instants (he can't cast because of high uptime of melees on him). There should be less uptime, not more.

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    don't overreact =D DK, rogue, feral and to a lesser extend monks are still better than ele
    Play 5.3 and then tell me that. The spec is tanky enough that it can outlive melee blowing their cds while killing them spamming nothing but 20k+ hit lightning bolts and instant lvb's. And on top of that it has pretty good peels. And if ele pops it's burst cds it has hands down the highest burst of any class in the game.

Anyways back on topic, roots last way WAY too long. A cc chain against a melee is easier to set up and a helluvalot longer than one you can set up for ranged simply because roots utterly shut them down, last long as fuck and usually cannot be dispelled because of the 8 second cd going to other uses.

There's too many effects keeping melee down. This is one of the ones that should have been nerfed/removed a long LONG time ago and instead has become worse and worse every single expansion.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 06:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Or bring a ranged instead so the dispels can go to more important purposes.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-05 at 06:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15