Poll: Should roots have HP?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    That literally never happens for me. Perhaps there's an element of RNG, but I've literally used Nature's Grasp in a duel and had the root immediately break after moonfire and sunfire ticked, a total of like 18k damage.
    Same for me.. and you see priests stick roots out that dont break, unless killed ofc.. wish my druids roots were stronger -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    That literally never happens for me. Perhaps there's an element of RNG, but I've literally used Nature's Grasp in a duel and had the root immediately break after moonfire and sunfire ticked, a total of like 18k damage.
    this happens a lot with fear too. Ive sat in a fear and eaten three chaos bolts with it not break and then other times it breaks on a conflag

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm ... Wonder if the OP thought this through.

Void tentacles type roots with HP means you have to drop target on the caster and attack the root - the root is effectively a pet. It also means damage to you won't ever break the root. While you are killing the root, a Mage is free to unload nuke after nuke on you without the root breaking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Hmm ... Wonder if the OP thought this through.

Void tentacles type roots with HP means you have to drop target on the caster and attack the root - the root is effectively a pet. It also means damage to you won't ever break the root. While you are killing the root, a Mage is free to unload nuke after nuke on you without the root breaking.
    I think the general idea was to avoid bad RNG and if roots had hp you could reduce the amount of idiotic cc that everyone is slinging about atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    this happens a lot with fear too. Ive sat in a fear and eaten three chaos bolts with it not break and then other times it breaks on a conflag
    Yes, and I own a farm on the moon with unicorns pooping gold.

Even if fear bugged so badly that it would completely not break on damage, it would have been broken before the 3rd chaos bolt had a chance to land due the long cast time + travel time.
    And since no warlock will ever bother casting 3 chaos bolts in a row without cooldowns, you probably took about 90% of your health in damage, which again makes the whole story sound like bullshit seeing that all other reports are about it breaking after 100k dmg, etc which is not even remotely close to the 90% you took.

How about :

Reduce the amount of roots + increased cooldowns to existing roots.

Then

Remove 5831 root break skills like stampeding roar, safeguard, emancipate, dash, sprint and spirit walk. Make them movement speed increases.

Yay, players asking for more homogenization, who would've thought?

Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    It gives you a extra choice. Break the root instantly with a hardhitting abillity, or wait the root out and save the dmg abillity for when you reach the target - trading mobillity for dmg and vice verca. Allso, you could run with teammates wich could help freeing you even faster . It basicly gives everybody a dispell, but a dispel wich comes with a cost.
    Having more stuff to do doesn't make it more interesting.

Melee, in general, have a hard enough time with ranged. Roots should be a slight gap opener, nothing more. Roots shouldn't be a gap opener and a damage sponge and a time waster for the melee etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    use the LoL system; needs a # of hits before it breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a balance perspective I really do not think that is needed at all.

From a gameplay perspective;
    Earth-grab I regard it as viable.
    For webs/frost nova it becomes slightly stupid.
    And I really fail to see how it could possibly work out for Hamstring/staggering shout.
    What do you damage in that situation? Your own feet?

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyfire14 View Post
    use the LoL system; needs a # of hits before it breaks.
    No. That arbitrarily screws dot classes or rogues and makes shatter combos even more powerful.