Thread: WoW tax system

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    im surprised this thread hasn't closed yet

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait.. who has trouble farming gold these days. Just about everything in WoW besides pvp spews gold at you in some way shape or form. Your farm is a giant cash bucket, profession research combines usually net tremendous profits. Gathering is hard imo. Not to mention the troves of the thunder king scenario which is just GIVING AWAY GOLD.

I'm going to have to call the OP out for trolling. This is just silly
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    Hello mmo-c, i am here to present you with a new idea i have been thinking of. So, I started to think about how disproportionate the economy in WoW can be, and how unfair it can be to those who don't have any ways to make gold, especially if they want to support themselves for raiding by purchasing gems and enchants. These things can add up, and cause those less fortunate souls to not have any gold to buy anything they might just want to have, such as a brawler's guild invitation or even a hearty ale. So i propose a tax system be added to the game with brackets, such as those who make 5-10k a week pay 30% of their gold earned, and those who make 10-20k+ pay 50%. This could be used to support those who have real issues with farming gold, and also support those who have multiple characters to support. Characters are kind of like your children, and you always want to put the children in the best possible place to succeed. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this, thanks for your responses.
    You are entitled to the fruits of YOUR labor, not mine... in short this is probably one of the worst ideas every conceived in warcraft history.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Might as well stop selling/farming, I'll get gold from others for doing nothing anyway. Worst idea ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say no,no and NO.

Best topic of the day! Made me lol so much when reading it, and the reactions of others who took it seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real life taxes do pay for a fuck of a lot of other things else than wellfare for a few lazy souls, i.e. hospitals, schools, roads, bridges, railway, military, policeforce etc.

Given that none of these things are required in wow, how about, no?

Make it like the Guild Bonus. If you earn 10k the game will create 11k and the 1k will go into a social money pool where people without money get a share each week.
    That way nobody gets less. Sure, this will cause inflation, but who cares, it's a game.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    yeah, im up for this wonderful idea!!
    i work hard to get gold, so i can buy a few items every now & then & in the process i subsidise the slackers in this game?
    sounds a well thought out plan to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by runique View Post
    So I propose a tax system be added to the game with brackets, such as:
    *those who make 5-10k a week pay 30% of their gold earned, and
    *those who make 10-20k+ pay 50%.

This could be used to support those who have real issues with farming gold, and also support those who have multiple characters to support. Characters are kind of like your children, and you always want to put the children in the best possible place to succeed. Just wanted to know what you guys thought of this, thanks for your responses.
    Brilliant idea, so long as the gold earned is taxed on reciept and not at the end of the week. It discourages AH gaming as they get taxed out of their profits, lowering AH prices, and the poorer people get gold for free, allowing them to buy more stuff.

I sold some Corefire Legplates for 21k at the beginning of Cata, I wouldn't've minded only getting 11.5k if it meant cheaper enchants and gems later down the line when I didn't have so much gold.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Great topic, would read again.

I bet this guy voted for Obama

right now making gold in wow is absolutely the easiest thing to do. and its not just professions there are opportunities everywhere to make gold. just killing npcs usually drop things of 20-30g value that you can vendor.

the issue with gold is not how you make it but how you spend it. spend it wisely and you will never run out of gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    if this was ever implemented i would never leave the capital city. EVER. outside of farming old raids that is. what would be the point of earning gold if its just gonna be taxed?
    Earn 5kG a week, then you won't get taxed.

I'd like to know the threshold for gold welfare, though. 1kG/w?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    I was going to say its possibly the worst idea I have ever heard, but after reading it a second time, I now know that it is without a shadow of a doubt the worst idea anyone has ever heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just end this here. >.<