Affliction coming back 5.3...

Any of you other affliction warlocks excited about the 10% buff to all of our dots in 5.3? I know I am I have a strong feeling RLS and Shadowcleave will be making a big come back in arena and I can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Em, any info on that?
    No blueposts about it.

It's going to be the new 4P set bonus for PVP. I was under the impression it was a mildly underwhelming change. A 10% buff would make a Corruption ticking for 10k tick for 11k instead and over 20 seconds it's an extra 20k. Helps but I don't know if it's going to be as strong of a comeback as you hope.

I don't have a link right now but it was on the forums last week.

Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    It's going to be the new 4P set bonus for PVP. I was under the impression it was a mildly underwhelming change. A 10% buff would make a Corruption ticking for 10k tick for 11k instead and over 20 seconds it's an extra 20k. Helps but I don't know if it's going to be as strong of a comeback as you hope.
    I think what really matters is BoA will be ticking for another 10% and dispelling UA will hit for another 10%. All about the UA, man.

Edit: Oh and dispelling Haunt will refund us a shard now, too.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    I think what really matters is BoA will be ticking for another 10% and dispelling UA will hit for another 10%. All about the UA, man.

Edit: Oh and dispelling Haunt will refund us a shard now, too.
    The UA dispel hit is also included in that? Didn't realize that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Hopefully it will be enough to make people fear dispelling it again.. instead of tossing out dispels all willy nilly.

10+ Year Old Account
    10% just isn't anywhere near enough. It's barely enough to offset the 25% corruption nerf, and right now in full tyrannical these dots are hitting equally geared players for like 2k. 10% of 2k is 2200 LOL. Not to mention the massive pvp power nerf and thusly overall damage reduction in 5.3 across the board and Affliction will still be hitting like a newborn kitten outside of DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    10% just isn't anywhere near enough. It's barely enough to offset the 25% corruption nerf, and right now in full tyrannical these dots are hitting equally geared players for like 2k. 10% of 2k is 2200 LOL. Not to mention the massive pvp power nerf and thusly overall damage reduction in 5.3 across the board and Affliction will still be hitting like a newborn kitten outside of DS.
    I stacked Mastery on the PTR and was like 87% and damage felt good.

10+ Year Old Account
    10% of nothing is still nothing , and being designed around channeling MG just dosnt work with all random instant ccs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Exactly this. Even with this buff, Corruption will still hit for around 3% less than it did in 5.1. 10% more on CoA and UA isn't going to make Affliction much better than it was back then either.

As long as we have to constantly channel a spell that gets interupted to even make it hit for a decent amount it means nothing...Affliction is dead and gone in MoP....shame too its been a mainstay in pvp since inception....longer than frost was for mages before the ol burst fire mage days...now its just a memory of us all running around in aff with the fel puppy out.....R.I.P aff pvp

The damage on PvP targets it's basically the same as on live because of the PvP Power nerf on the PTR, so the 4p PvP bonus set won't make any difference.

PS: @mordorfires: where did you get that number? 10k Corruption ticks? You're prolly talking about UA or Agony ticks, definitely not Corruption...

Deleted
    I don't think that the damage is going to be enough, especially with the reduction to pvp power aswell. Only time can tell, though I most certaintly hope affliciton will feel more viable again!

10% dmg is fairly negligible, dispelling haunt is pretty freaking huge though.

It basically means that a healer would be dumb to dispel dots during the duration of haunt because it would mean you could re-apply all of those dots instantly wherever you want or jam another haunt out which is a decent chunk of dmg. SO that means we now have a bit of dot protection, albeit for all of 8 seconds, as well another shard generator in pvp which is desperately needed since usually your dots are getting instantly dispelled and you have no corruption up time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    10% dmg is fairly negligible, dispelling haunt is pretty freaking huge though.

It basically means that a healer would be dumb to dispel dots during the duration of haunt because it would mean you could re-apply all of those dots instantly wherever you want or jam another haunt out which is a decent chunk of dmg. SO that means we now have a bit of dot protection, albeit for all of 8 seconds, as well another shard generator in pvp which is desperately needed since usually your dots are getting instantly dispelled and you have no corruption up time.
    I agree with this, maybe they think the 10% buff will make up for the nerf in PVP power. I don't think that it does personally but still. Getting a shard back is a plus for sure.

The nerf to pvp power will probably have this 10% buff sitting somewhere close to the same damage as currently on live. I'm hoping that the 10% gets tuned up if found to be not enough. Health pools keep getting bigger. Affli dots haven't hit for much on pvp targets, since the beginning of MoP when no one had gear...
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the changes going on, you are not even going to notice the damage increase.. The 10% buff is barely enough to offset the 25% corruption nerf they did, and before that our damage was garbage as well, so...