Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    Just you wait! If the Retribution damage buff goes through they're gonna be tremendously overpowered and definitely decently viable in RBGs becuase they have tons of utility, all they really need is some sustained damage. But 15 % is WAY too OP.
    so a 15% damage buff is going to stop ret being the most fragile and easy to control melee whose entire toolkit isn't replicated by their healer spec?

when arms warriors were full retard in 5.0 they didn't get brought to rbgs, because they were melee and melee are fundamentally less valuable in rbgs because of their positional requirements. the two melee that are brought are brought for very specific gimmicks, rogue for smoke bomb, and dks for grip.

even if they gave ret a 100% buff on sword of light they wouldn't get bought because they still bring no real utility that can't be replicated by holy.

elemental is fine for rbgs, they have some of the scariest burst in the game and unlike ret they have utility that can't be replicated by resto from their knockback.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Get resto gear and queue as resto. Make some friends, and make sure you have both specs ready. Once you are in a group, sometimes things change and you can go dps. I found mostly the reason for ele's not being chosen is that there is already one rsham in the group, but if there is no shammy in the healing group, ele is sometimes sought after for tremor/grounding, and burst kills. Rshams are really strong for rbgs.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a RBG leader I actually don't mind Ele at all. I would take one. Not all RBG's take a resto sham, so the utility is nice. Scary burst, KNOCKBACK(LM auto-win, just line it up with gorefiend's.) Also earthgrab is insane if used well, and capacitor doesn't hurt. Ele is nowhere near as useless as melee are. Hell, I'd even bring an ele shammy over a spriest because spriest utility is less and less useful in an aoe fight, especiall when you have multiple locks(which you pretty much need... havoc is OP as hell for RBG's).

For instance, here's a comp Ele would fit in.

Prot War(DA Lock in 5.3, destro in node maps)

MW Monk
    Resto Druid
    Disc/Hpal

2 Locks
    Frost Mage
    Boomkin
    Ele
    BM Hunter/FDK
    Last edited by Valedus; 2013-05-06 at 07:35 PM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    so a 15% damage buff is going to stop ret being the most fragile and easy to control melee whose entire toolkit isn't replicated by their healer spec?

when arms warriors were full retard in 5.0 they didn't get brought to rbgs, because they were melee and melee are fundamentally less valuable in rbgs because of their positional requirements. the two melee that are brought are brought for very specific gimmicks, rogue for smoke bomb, and dks for grip.

even if they gave ret a 100% buff on sword of light they wouldn't get bought because they still bring no real utility that can't be replicated by holy.

elemental is fine for rbgs, they have some of the scariest burst in the game and unlike ret they have utility that can't be replicated by resto from their knockback.
    i lost you at the first sentence, why do you call enhance ret?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    if rbgs are a problem get a threes team? i really love playing mage/ele/disc.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    Ele is not bad in 3s if you're team can get you peels and compensate for lack of defense but it is one of the harder casters to play. Ele burst is some of the highest in the game when chained together and doesn't rely on cooldowns. As far as RBGs go, fuck em, they are the worst PvP addition this game has had in a long time. Not worth the extra points to do an RBG or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Yay got into a 1750 group, easy facerolling 3-0 and sickest thunderstorms on eots.
    Except you can't thunderstorm in EoTS anymore due to the invisible walls. Care to rephrase?

MG them a little bit away from the flag and it still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Except you can't thunderstorm in EoTS anymore due to the invisible walls. Care to rephrase?
    Yes, you still can. There's a small gap on the left side of the wall on the horde side at least where you can knock people off. Dunno about the ally side. Works very well, especially in combination with vortex/solar beam combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    That's not much rating to go on IMO. Win like 12 games and ur at that rating. Locks are OP gods in RBG's so yeah. But you can definitely compete with mages and spriests. Your burst is insane and the sustained damage can be pretty high as well if you stay alive all the time. Good group utility like aoe freedom, aoe fear dispell, aoe knockback. In addition to that you have a ranged interrupt so if you set an enemy on focus you can ruin their day by shearing 24/7.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 08:25 AM ----------

Just you wait! If the Retribution damage buff goes through they're gonna be tremendously overpowered and definitely decently viable in RBGs becuase they have tons of utility, all they really need is some sustained damage. But 15 % is WAY too OP.
    Are you serious or just trolling now? The ret buffs (for pve) is simmed out to (at best) be a 10-11% dps increase, in pve that means ret is gonna be where rogues and dks are on single target. PvP we're still screwed as we dont bring any utility that's wanted and we're easily controlled. Not to forget that our survival after bubble is almost 0.

If you think 5.3 is a "god patch" too rets you don't know shit! It's gonna make our damage viable, which atm it really isnt...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post

I said decently viable meaning that low rated teams 0-2200 MMR will definitely do just fine with them. I played with a Ret to 2,3k this season in RBG's before he got ditched and he did just fine.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 09:50 AM ----------

There is a patch in the wall where you can AoE grip and push everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    if rbgs are a problem get a threes team? i really love playing mage/ele/disc.
    Not everyone enjoy Arena and RBGs allow for more class/spec diversity.

I've heard this one before, I have to check it out eventually.
    It's a pain in the ass. Played against a setup with two or three boomkins and one ele shammy in eots. My team was flying EVERYHWERE

Does anyone have a screenshot or a video of this specific spot? I'd look for it myself, but the random eots doesn't have walls. :S
    Don't have either, but I can try to explain where it is (from a Horde perspective). One you go down towards the middle, you have a small walkway before you get to the bigger middle area. Right before the middle area, you will see the spikes starting up. If you see to the left of you, you should see a gap between the first spike and the next. That's the spot to shoot people off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    Not everyone enjoy Arena and RBGs allow for more class/spec diversity.
    rbg's are so racist towards melee atm you gotta be kidding me.

also you are saying you can fit more specs into 10 people team than you can into 3 people team? whaaaaa...

in 3 ppl enviroment 1 person accounts for 33% of the perfomance in an ideal situation
    in 10 ppl enviroment 1 person accounts for 10% of the performance in an ideal situation, ofc you can carry 1 baddie around.

Does anyone have a screenshot or a video of this specific spot? I'd look for it myself, but the random eots doesn't have walls. :S
    I'll try to get one picture next time I play. If it takes a while I'll PM it to you.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't invisible and if your DK is good he can grip them to a spot that they can definitely be knocked off from. The far sides of the bridges don't have walls, for instance.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 12:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    It's a pain in the ass. Played against a setup with two or three boomkins and one ele shammy in eots. My team was flying EVERYHWERE
    Try playing this team: 1 Resto Druid, 2 Boomkins, 2 Ele, 2 BM Hunters. It was pretty insane. Typhoons and explosive traps and lightning storm galore!
    Makes me wish we had more DK's for Pillar. Lol.