Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Americans are citizens of the USA. Mexicans are citizens of Mexico. Canadians are citizens of Canada.

Your comment should have been westerners, not Americans.

As for people saying Yankees: I actually take quite a bit of offense to that word.

Agreed i wouldn't like being called a Yankee though im from the south so that has a bit to do with it.

Also considering the fact that a China is the biggest powerhouse in Asia atm the amount of thought they put in to nonchinese parts of the game surprise me
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    1. I said "Russia's population," referring specifically to the country, not the ethnicity.
    2. You seem to be missing the point of the thread by confusing Russians as an ethnic group and Russians as people from the geographical region that is the country. Everyone from Russia is Russian, regardless of ethnicity. Ethnic Russians are Russian even if they aren't from Russia.
    The majority of the Russian Federation citizens do not have mongoloid features in my experience. Of course, I have only been to the West of Russia and I haven't been to places like Vladivostok and Siberia. Maybe some Russian could enlighten us, but your statement that "a sizable part of Russia's population have Mongolian features" is definitely wrong.

I remember looking at faces in Moscow underground searching for a Central Asian face and they were all typical bland Northern Europeans. It is also very easy to tell a Russian from a Central Asian just by looking at their face.

To set the record straight:

This is a Turkic speaker from Central Asia who looks a lot like my ex-gf:

And this is a typical Russian girl from the Russian Federation:

Ofc not all girls are as pretty as her, but she is typical more or less.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    The majority of the Russian Federation citizens do not have mongoloid features in my experience. Of course, I have only been to the West of Russia and I haven't been to places like Vladivostok and Siberia. Maybe some Russian could enlighten us, but your statement that "a sizable part of Russia's population have Mongolian features" is definitely wrong.
    Sizable does not mean majority.

Reward for complaining about the smallest thing possible goes to you, op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Reward for complaining about the smallest thing possible goes to you, op.
    You've not been forum lurking nearly enough if this is the most trivial you've seen
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the OP, I think Asian is still an accurate term since the expansion uses things expired by a blend of Asian cultures. It's not inherently and exclusively Chinese. People aren't saying Asian because they think its synonymous with Chinese, they're saying it because they want to give fair tribute to the other cultures that also influenced the game design.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2013-05-06 at 12:40 AM. Reason: removing offtopic bit; following my own instructions

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    The definition of American is those from or of the United States.
    No.

Canada is in America. Peru is in America. Brazil is in America.

EDIT: They're all Americans, if you wanted a conclusion.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2013-05-06 at 12:39 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, can we please keep the thread on topic about the Mists of Pandaria theme and influencing cultures?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    And Near East for a lot of the Middle East. Something tells me that poster thinks Pakistan is part of the Middle East. Also, parts of the "Middle East" as per the Western definition are in fact in Northern Africa.
    Well, you're right there too, a part of Middle East is in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    Really? The only other influences I saw were from Trolls and Silithid, both of which are not real nations, so I would hope.

Give me some examples.
    Neverest and Grummels, who are WoW parody on sherpa people, for instance.