how should I cope with this?

It's very frustrating because I am a HUGE fan of KOTOR and Star Wars in general, and been in swtor since beta, however I have Bipolar Disorder and Last year was in very bad shape and I made 2 rage posts on the official swtor forums that gave me 5 pts infractions each that don't expire, and if I get one more 5 pt infraction I will be perma banned from the official swtor forums.

I'm on good meds now so I don't think I will have another episode but it just feels really icky to me. Those points will Never expire ever, and one more slip up will perma ban me forever from the official forums. And it just feels very incomplete to me, to have everything good in game, but not even be able to post on the official forums. So then I could buy another account, but would have to start ALL over and lose my founder and other titles JUST so I could post on the official forums.

Even having 10 points now that won't expire feels icky to me.

What would you do in my shoes?

1. Ditch this account and make a new one?

2. Try to ignore it and say screw official forums and stick to mmo-champion

I tried several times to contact community support but they won't reply, account disputes tells me to contact community support, and regular support tells me to contact community support :S

Please advise! thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    What Lobo has said. Its generally not a good idea to talk about any sort of disorders as a reason behind rage posting. That will either result in getting people to push you to the limit or... well essentially just that.

Honestly, just do your best to not post on the forums if you feel this will risk everything that you have worked for/love. Its honestly that simple. I, too, have a tendency to rage pretty (broken mice, keyboard, etc) hard but I make sure to not post if its even remotely in question. Just do your best and I'm sure the results will indicate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    PS--don't go around telling internet forums you're bipolar. Not only does it sound like you're making excuses for your behavior, but it's also a cry for attention that paints a huge target on your back.
    That's pretty judgmental. Perhaps he is comfortable with the fact that he has a different brain chemistry than the majority of the population? His post is far less whiny than many other posts, hell than some I've made, on this forum and elsewhere. Also, he clearly states that he is on some decent meds now. How is saying that he is okay a cry for help? Also, bipolar has the second highest rate of suicide behind schizophrenia. If rage posting is a concern for him then thank god. It's not unusual for people to do some really crazy things during manic phases (IE: strip naked and run through downtown LA because "god was protecting me and wanted me to spread his message. I couldn't wear clothes because that wasn't how I was born".)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Having bipolar disorder isn't a cry for attention. Using it to make a "woe is me" post about how hard life is when you got scolded for rage posting? THAT comes off as a cry for attention. I mean jeez it's not like you can't just register a new forum name or something.
    Your account is tied to your forum account, only subscribers can post. So, if he gets banned on his main account, he would have to make a new account and pay 15/mo in order to post on the new account. If he wanted to continue to play his old account as a subscriber, he would end up paying 30 dollars. That's pretty shitty.
    This really isn't a very "woe is me" post either. Maybe we are just reading it with different tones, but it sounds pretty reasonable. Infraction points that never expire is silly, especially when you have to pay 15/mo to be able to post there.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's the forums. Enjoy the game and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamoot View Post
    It's the forums. Enjoy the game and move on.
    Pretty much.

Learn to post a legitimate complaint in a rather decent tone or learn to shut your trap.

There are consequences to your action, learn from it, deal with it and move on.

If you don't think you can control your actions or typing ability, then you really have no business posting on a private form.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezrix View Post
    It's very frustrating because I am a HUGE fan of KOTOR and Star Wars in general, and been in swtor since beta, however I have Bipolar Disorder and Last year was in very bad shape and I made 2 rage posts on the official swtor forums that gave me 5 pts infractions each that don't expire, and if I get one more 5 pt infraction I will be perma banned from the official swtor forums.

I'm on good meds now so I don't think I will have another episode but it just feels really icky to me. Those points will Never expire ever, and one more slip up will perma ban me forever from the official forums. And it just feels very incomplete to me, to have everything good in game, but not even be able to post on the official forums. So then I could buy another account, but would have to start ALL over and lose my founder and other titles JUST so I could post on the official forums.

I tried several times to contact community support but they won't reply, account disputes tells me to contact community support, and regular support tells me to contact community support :S

Please advise! thanks
    It's just the "official" forum... who cares really. It's only really good to troll people but informations aren't strong on this one and if you need some key dev answers to threads, go check out darthhater, they used to have a dev tracker which would keep you as updated as possible in case you don't want to roam around there 24/7.

Of the 2 forums as a swtor subber i rage more here than on the official forums this place is a dive but sure as hell fun if i feel like i want a fight

Only people posting here are wow groupies or swtor nerds

10+ Year Old Account
    My opinion, stay away from the swtor official forums, because as obi-wan once said, " You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael8

Deathwing was flapping along in the dragonblight getting ready to attack the tower whennnnn..... BAM!!! He gets nailed with a giant plasma beam coming down from the sky Grafton style from Halo Reach!!!! It would seem that Rhonin finally decided to put his 24mil mana to use...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshmint View Post
    My opinion, stay away from the swtor official forums, because as obi-wan once said, " You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"
    Obviously Obi-Wan was unaware of the WoW forums.

a) realize posting stuff on the internet isnt worth it most of the time... forums, etc, etc... patience and being quiet is a virtue
    b) video games are not worth the rage if you can possibly avoid it
    c) do this or reddit instead and try not to take this garbage too serious

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezrix View Post

Please advise! thanks
    Okay firstly - some spooky stuff. I am also Bipolar (type 2) and a MASSIVE FFVIII fan (I notice you have a Rinoa + Squall avatar) to the point where I have several tattoos of that game!

I know exactly what you mean with this experience, although I didn't flip out on the SWTOR forums, I did go pretty nuts at some other forums. As much as I would like to recommend not going to the official SWTOR forums, tbh there's not much activity I've found anywhere else. My suggestion would be that if it REALLY bothers you, then make a new account, but otherwise, it's not the end of the world if you do end up getting banned from the forums.

Why not try writing whatever you were going to post into a notepad file first. A lot of the time when I'm going to post ridiculously angry stuff on a forum, by the time I've written it all out, it feels a bit silly, or I've vented enough that I don't want to post it anymore.