Heroic Council Help! (Frostbite Question)

Hi were doing Heroic Council this week (6/13 HM guild) 10m. My main question is the best way to deal with Frostbite. I understand the immunity aspect (1.5 second window to hit your immunity if you have one when you see the blue arrow on your head) However we don't have many immunity classes in our raid. Here is our comp:

Tanks: Protadin / Blood DK

Heals: Disc / Hpal / Mistweaver

DPS: Unholy DK / Hunter / Mage / Warlock / Boomkin

I have heard of both 2 group and 3 group stack methods due to the new mechanic of Bodyhead but I was wondering if its possible to chain CD the Frostbite player. If I recall correctly Frostbite is a 30 second debuff and will be cast twice when Malak is empowered. Depending on DPS we should have a total of 4-6 Frostbites (2 during each empowerment) Between personal CDs / Sacs / Pain Sup / Life Cocoon etc etc is it possible / viable to do this? I would prefer not to do the more complicated 2-3 group stack method but if chaining CDs isnt really do-able based on your raids experience I just won't do it. Ty for feedback and feel free to post any tips / strats that your raid used to handle Frostbite and any other tips you have about the fight in general!

Quote Originally Posted by Sting123 View Post
    Hi were doing Heroic Council this week (6/13 HM guild) 10m. My main question is the best way to deal with Frostbite. I understand the immunity aspect (1.5 second window to hit your immunity if you have one when you see the blue arrow on your head) However we don't have many immunity classes in our raid. Here is our comp:

Tanks: Protadin / Blood DK

Heals: Disc / Hpal / Mistweaver

DPS: Unholy DK / Hunter / Mage / Warlock / Boomkin

I have heard of both 2 group and 3 group stack methods due to the new mechanic of Bodyhead but I was wondering if its possible to chain CD the Frostbite player. If I recall correctly Frostbite is a 30 second debuff and will be cast twice when Malak is empowered. Depending on DPS we should have a total of 4-6 Frostbites (2 during each empowerment) Between personal CDs / Sacs / Pain Sup / Life Cocoon etc etc is it possible / viable to do this? I would prefer not to do the more complicated 2-3 group stack method but if chaining CDs isnt really do-able based on your raids experience I just won't do it. Ty for feedback and feel free to post any tips / strats that your raid used to handle Frostbite and any other tips you have about the fight in general!
    You can easily heal through the first two frostbites with cooldowns. The second time he empowers your aim is to have the dps to kill him before the second one and you sacrifice or get lucky and immunity the first one. But if you've already killed 6 other heroics you might even have the dps now to kill frost king before the first frostbite of his second empower.

We tried both stacking and healing through it and the stacking was just too messy what with sandtraps and charges, not to mention our dps seemed to take a hit from needing to dodge much more stuff and help with the soaking. The healers needed a while to practise the healbombing and chaining CD's but in the end they could do it almost every time.

Deleted
    I've seen other guilds just heal the person with frostbite for the full 30 seconds, so it's certainly possible. My guild had the person with frostbite stack on the tanks, then have the two melee move into range after eight seconds and heal through. But, generally, you shouldn't get more than 3 frostbites. You'll have two during the first empowerment probably, then you should be killing him before the second frostbite of his second empowerment.

A small tip for your mage (since I play one), get Cold Snap so that you can immune the first two frostbites on the off chance you get them (just remember to hit cold snap if you've ice blocked the first one!). It's also helpful to ice block off your biting cold if you have an ice block / cold snap spare, since you dying in the middle of the fight (i.e. kazra's first empowerment) is far worse than dying near the end of the fight (frost king's second empowerment).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrstlol View Post
    You don't want everyone stacked up as quicksand spawns on any ranged or heals who aren't the frostbite target.
    If you have a priest, dps or heals, in your comp, i'd suggest using our strat.

We bring 2 melee and 2 tanks, both of these pairs stay stacked the whole time frost guy is empowered.
    One melee and one tank are marked, have the frostbite person go straight to one group when he gets the blue arrow above head (assuming can't immune, our mage and rdruid do use the immune trick) and then alternate every 8 seconds until it's gone.
    Easy to heal, easy to survive.
    Requires a priest because... melee can't go hit the healy spirit add!
    The priest in our raid (me) uses Void Tendrils on it when it spawns, which will hold it in place for 20seconds, enough time for the ranged dps to casually deal with it.
    Tendrils are up for every add and Twist of Fate, which I use it on the ranged Twist.
    Yes you can probably do it with a couple of chained stuns but it requires a lot more focus.

We found the double melee group for frostbite and Void Tendrils on the adds made this fight a lot easier for us, became just a dps check on Sul and healing check on late Kahzra.

<3K
    Posted this on a similar thread a few days ago. Not sure if a second melee is available to you, but is how we kill it every time. Healing through it in 10man requires quick reflexes from heals and good cd usage.