T15 2-piece proc counts as an attack?

Hello everyone,

over the last few raids I realized I may be stuck with an extremely annoying bug/functionality with the T15 2-piece bonus. As we all know, it summons a thunderhawk on Steady/Cobra Shot.

Now, I'm one of the few hardcore-MM-raiders out there. The last few weeks I somehow have problems establishing or keeping up my Steady Focus (though getting it up is more difficult). At the start of a fight I usually blow all my cooldowns, SrS, CS and then fire two Steadies to get Steady Focus up. Sometimes though, more often than not, it doesn't work. The second Steady fires off, but I don't get the Steady Focus buff.

The only explanation I have of that behavior is the 2-piece setbonus. If the thunderhawk spans, it counts as an attack and breaks the Steady-Shot-sequence of two shots in a row.

Anyone else caught that? Seeing the same thing? Or am I just seeing things?

Disclaimer: I raid for fun, my guild raids for fun, we don't tell anyone how to spec. If someone wants to suggest speccing SV or BM, please don't. Thank you

Do you have a log to look at?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

It would seem odd for the Thunderhawks attacks to be messing with Steady Focus, since it should be classed as a guardian, and thus it's attacks belong to itself - but I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to mess this sort of thing up.

Do you happen to have the Legendary Meta gem? If you do, it would seem more likely see the proc from this is counting as an attack and causing the problem.

As Tehstool said, any logs we can look at?

It's possible, just test it many times, as the proc is 100% on your first steady shot so yeah.

I will however say that back in Cataclysm, Kill Command did not trigger it, so you could do SS > KS > SS and still get the buff.

Since MM is a very underplayed spec you should just report it, hopefully it will be fixed ASAP.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Unfortunately my guild does not log our raids, as I said we are a very casual guild.

It's not the attack that I suspect of breaking the two-SS-sequence but the actual summoning of the thunderhawk. I was a bit unclear in my original post about that, my apologies! Once the thunderhawk is there my Steady Shot sequence works as it should, but the summoning apparently breaks it.

I tried asking Ghostcrawler on Twitter about it, unfortunately he didn't reply to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    It's not the attack that I suspect of breaking the two-SS-sequence but the actual summoning of the thunderhawk. I was a bit unclear in my original post about that, my apologies! Once the thunderhawk is there my Steady Shot sequence works as it should, but the summoning apparently breaks it.
    Ah, makes sense, forgot about the spell to actually summon the Thunderhawk. They really should just make the Steady Focus mechanic work when the 2nd shot is fired within 3 seconds of the first. Would solve the issue and future proof it for other bonuses/procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire View Post
    Unfortunately my guild does not log our raids, as I said we are a very casual guild.

I tried asking Ghostcrawler on Twitter about it, unfortunately he didn't reply to it.
    GC only answers tweets somwhere between 10 PM GMT and 5 AM GMT, different per day. if you ask him something outside of those hours, you'll need to wait for the next window to see if he answers.

I'll try and shoot Ghostcrawler another tweet then. Since I can't think of any other reason to cause this. Maybe I'm lucky and it will get fixed. Thanks everyone!