Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can also level another profession which is easier to farm and DE the crafts. It won't be enough, but it will get you through a lot.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    As many have said farm,search for mats frequently or level another profession to use it to lvl enchanting. Also when you level up your enchanting you can use this low level market, since it's empty ( you said so), to make gold.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    Seriously, it's just disgusting. Profession bonuses need to be thrown into a fire, it's ridiculous how much time and money needs to be spent to get passive stat bonuses which are necessary if you really want to min max.

On my realm, there are literally zero 1 - 300 ench mats on the AH. "NP" I thought, "I'll just buy cheap greens and DE em!" Nope, no greens between level 15 and level 40 either. Total, 100% roadblock.

So I went to Razorfen Kraul - "I'll just farm this for abit, DEing the greens and stuff that drops!"

2 green drops in 3 runs made me think "s.o.d. t.h.i.s."

Levelling new professions has become a completely atrocious grind, which costs a stupid amount of money if the mats are even on the AH, and takes a mental amount of time if they aren't.

Don't even get me started on the "wonderful" blacksmithing "catchup" system they put in either. That amazing catch up system which requires FIVE THOUSAND Ghost Iron bars.... Of which there are currently hardly any on my realm's AH anyway, and when they are up they cost nearly 200g per stack. Yeah, that'll be fun.

Does anyone else think that the current profession levelling system has just become outdated, and needs a fairly serious overhaul?
    It is a pain. I can understand. I know how bad it can be levelling professions on a low populated server. Unfortunately there is nothing you can really do. The best thing to do is pack your bags and transfer off. It may not be the answer you were looking for but that is probably your best solution.

And all these idiots telling him to farm mats for enchanting probably have a ton of time on their hands so virtually no life. One of the primary reasons I gave up gathering profession in WTLK cause it just took up so much time and you didn't have any time to play the game. And WoW has probably the worst Profession model. It isn't even feasible. I mean counting in all the expansions, and the amount of mats needed for a single skill up with virtually no return on all those items you crafted, its a terrible model.

Even if he was to farm the mats through dungeons, you can only do around 5 an hour before you get locked. So it is far from efficient and effective. And even the greens often give only a couple of mats depending on the level.

Like someone in the thread mentioned, your best bet would be to level Tailoring. Cloth is often cheap and in abundance. You can simply DE all the items you craft. That would probably be your last option other than transferring of the realm.

But I do think the profession levelling system has become outdated. No one even bothers with low level items and gear until you get to Cataclysm. Even WTLK blues and greens don't really have a market cause the ease at which you can get the level 70 PVP gear and they last right unto level 78 when you can simply pick up Cata greens from the AH.

Most professions have no value before MoP and some don't give any returns until Cata. You have niche markets but even the time required to churn out profits is so much.

You have a small transmog market but its still quite useless. Professions don't really offer anything in the game besides being a stat stick. There is nothing that differentiates one profession from the other.

I loved how they did Professions in Skyrim. It added a ton of unique flavours that were unique to their own professions. You actually get to experience the benefits of each profession.
    Last edited by Ebonheart; 2013-05-06 at 06:27 PM.

The only "ridiculous" part of leveling enchanting right now is the cataclysm bracket because of ridiculously inflated hypnotic dust prices. Other than that leveling enchanting has never ever been easier or cheaper. Just imagine having to buy blacksmithing rods and primal lifes on your dead server.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The only "ridiculous" part of leveling enchanting right now is the cataclysm bracket because of ridiculously inflated hypnotic dust prices. Other than that leveling enchanting has never ever been easier or cheaper. Just imagine having to buy blacksmithing rods and primal lifes on your dead server.
    One of those rods required several primal mights, IIRC. My lock alt has the max level rod from Cata, which was an absolute pain to obtain. There were no skipping steps for that thing; you had to progress one level of rod at a time.

My former vanilla era shaman had to go chill out near Uldamann or run down there with a bag full of mats to make sure he could get all the recipes from there in one sitting. I'm very certain there's plenty of folks here that remember that. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    You don't farm material and level enchant.
    You can easily spend 20 to 40 hours to do that because we have too many expansions.

You play AH and make gold. Then use gold to buy material.
    Decided to drop tailoring for enchanting, so i spent 8 hours farming cloth to craft crap to DE. Got me to 600 in enchanting and vendor trash/ left overs worth 3000g.
    Do some research, check where to places to get stuff is. Do something else, i farmed rep with the goblins killing pirates for mageweave. etc.

Its not as hard as people trying to make it sound. People are just lazy and waiting for blizz to cave and feed them with a silverspoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietrik View Post
    Levelling a tailor/enchanter was really easy combined with mats on my bank took just from levelling alts I spent about 100g.

the economy/pop of a quiet realm is irrelavent, its just if you want it now and are not willing to save mats on alts or be patient and farm.
    This. Add tailoring to your alt. Then roll your handy dandy lvl 58 (60 by the time you leave the starting area) DK. Put mining/BS on him. DK can farm low level dungeons for cloth, greens, and get ores from a variety of zones. Craft BS greens and tailoring greens to DE, plus low lvl dungeon drops you can zip through on your DK. You can get to 300 in no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enchanting is painful to me and so is JC, but it is satisfying when you make some progress. It's one of the last few grinds left in the game, but it does feel ridiculous sometimes, depending on the server situation.

Through the years, I've made so many characters I'm just too burnt out/Lazy to do anything but 2 gathering professions and sell the results on the AH.

Do what I did and quest. Quest till it hurts.
    Once you have enough mats for that part, move on and quest some more!

At a high level, it takes about 20 seconds per quest for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    Don't even get me started on the "wonderful" blacksmithing "catchup" system they put in either. That amazing catch up system which requires FIVE THOUSAND Ghost Iron bars.... Of which there are currently hardly any on my realm's AH anyway, and when they are up they cost nearly 200g per stack. Yeah, that'll be fun.
    Are you sure? I thought it was closer to 1500. maybe it just really hit home on the way to 500. Still though, can't see it being much more than 2000.

Honestly it's a pretty bad (in terms of cost efficiency) method to choose to level blacksmithing. 10 thousand gold only got me to like 260 lol, it only cost like 4k to get the rest of the way to 575.

As for enchanting... do quests? That's how I leveled enchanting on my Warlock. Only thing I bought was stuff I needed to make new rods. you know, when you actually had to make them.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2013-05-10 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They made a step in the right direction with the ability to gain multiple skill ups by crafting a complex item, but yes, I agree that there's plenty to be cleaned up in the lower levels. Leveling 1-300 can be a freakin nightmare, especially leatherworking. Holy shit. Leveled that one again recently (had somehow forgotten how damn painful it was, ugh) and I skinned up all the leather I needed save about 6-7 stacks in order to hit 600. Easily over 1k leather, probably 1200+. I see no reason for leveling to be so damn mind-numblingly tedious...
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Are you sure? I thought it was closer to 1500. maybe it just really hit home on the way to 500. Still though, can't see it being much more than 2000.
    I think someone made the calculation on this very subforum and it's something in the tune of 4400.
    Edit: found it : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...quirement-4412
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-