Thread: Douchebag

Deleted

Angry Douchebag

So I was just doing AB and capturing flag, but then this one paladin did Hand of Protection to me, that interrupting flag capture, and then getting cap credit to himself.

Do you think this is bannable trick? Or is it just those thing that are not nice to do but if someone does it then target just needs to suck it up?

This is 1st time I have ever experienced this.

I have seen that or priests life grip or levitate ppl to break them and get it, druids do the same sometimes too if they have the priests spell. Ppl do it to grief and for the achievement credit for themselves. No way Blizzard is going to ban anybody for this unless they were somehow reported dozens and dozens of times.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I have seen that or priests life grip or levitate ppl to break them and get it, druids do the same sometimes too if they have the priests spell. Ppl do it to grief and for the achievement credit for themselves. No way Blizzard is going to ban anybody for this unless they were somehow reported dozens and dozens of times.
    Spells like that simply shouldn't work on flag carriers. It doesn't help the flag carrier anyway, because he loses the flag.

Also, I like your red quote. It's genius!
    Statix will suffice.

You ca'nt hand of protectoin people if they are holding a flag of in the process of capping

You can if you get it in before they start though.

~UUnless they've changed it back again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Priests that spam levitate are the worst.

Wow my first typing of the day was pretty shockingly bad.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    I mean situation when someone is capturing flag like in Arathi Basin or Battle for Gilneas, not when someone is capturing flag in WSG or TP But I quess there is potential for grief to HoP someone before they pick up flag in there too, not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    I mean situation when someone is capturing flag like in Arathi Basin or Battle for Gilneas, not when someone is capturing flag in WSG or TP But I quess there is potential for grief to HoP someone before they pick up flag in there too, not sure.

If you're capping the flag in AB or BfG you are "immune" to HoP, unless they've changed it back. Not gonna say how I know . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post
    Spells like that simply shouldn't work on flag carriers. It doesn't help the flag carrier anyway, because he loses the flag.

Also, I like your red quote. It's genius!
    Honest Abe always speaks the truth. Some things only work based on timing others are fixed after the sad folks that have to grief ppl do it enough Blizzard is made aware of these issues. The Nuts pet stunning ppl, the 2 Winterveil balls knocking ppl out of eating and wasting buff food charges, there was another npc drop that would knock ppl off of their mounts around Halloween ppl were using them to dismount ppl mid air by the wickerman things.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Happens... Rarely on the bright side
    Last edited by mmoc9aedacf3cf; 2013-05-06 at 11:43 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you're capping the flag in AB or BfG you are "immune" to HoP, unless they've changed it back. Not gonna say how I know . . .
    Hmm, well I'm not exactly sure if I already started casting capture when he did HoP or was I just about to start.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 11:47 AM ----------

I recently tried HoP:ing someone in middle of flag capturing process in AB (just for science) and it worked. Wondering why they would change it back to this way if it was sometime fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    you can BoP to interrupt flag caps in ab/gilneas. you can also interrupt them with spirit link.

its fairly entertaining to watch people trying to do childrens week things rage about it in bgchat, doubly so when they don't know how to /cancelaura.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Priests that spam levitate are the worst.
    I agree.

10 char

2 words when this happens the most frequently, two words I loathe together when I play PvP......"Children's Week"

BoP doesn't work on a flag carrier, However it will interupt a player that is cappin a AB/BoG/IoC nodes, GY's in strand (great 4 clowns trying 2 Cap S. gy)

A /cancelaura macro does the trick, Its been in game forever and I don't see a problem w/ it.

It's laughable to BoP a guildie dps who is trying to break meters on farm fights
    Last edited by OmegaManHester; 2013-05-06 at 07:38 PM.

Least it wasn't a hardpacked snowball...