Deleted

The problem with WoW...

The problem with WoW lies in its actual playerbase.

People keep treating the game as a Pay to Win and (of course) they demand to "win" in every aspect.
    I've seen countless posts saying "I pay every month so I want this to be immediately fixed/balanced/nerfed/boosted , I want loot , I want to see all the content etc."
    This behaviour is killing and ruining the game.

When playing a P2P you supposedly pay to just gain access to the game , not gain access AND have everything served to you in a golden plated...
    People nowadays don't know what "effort" to gain something in game means ...

WoW's community is the only community that people think they are "special" . I haven't seen this situation in any other game (not so much at least).

Also , i'm not in any "nostalgia" phase . I've been playing for many years and I liked most of the changes , but the last years they've been responding to peoples QQ by making WoW way to plain and simple .

Deleted
    What do you want us to debate about?

Forums are for discussions, not for spitting out your opinion and then thats it...

The thing is, how many people do you know personally like that, and by name, actually in the game? The forum wow community is incredibly vocal about EVERYTHING, but in game, I'd say 90-95% of people just get on with it, enjoy playing with guilds, and though they moan if their loot doesn't drop after 5 weeks, they know rng is rng and just get back to it the next week.
    Sure you get the diva tanks or the lazy people in the guild that can turn up for raid half hour late and moan after 2 wipes but if you get a group of good dedicated players together, it's all a lot more fun and everyone understands their placein the greater wow.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
    People nowadays don't know what "effort" to gain something in game means ...
    i don´t know where the problem is supposed to be. if someone doesn´t put in effort, they get rewards that reflect this( lfr gear for example). if they put in effort, they get rewards that reflect this ( titles,mounts,better gear...)

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Forums are for discussions, not for spitting out your opinion and then thats it...
    don´t be so rude, he obviously wants to hear our opinion on this subject

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
    When playing a P2P you supposedly pay to just gain access to the game , not gain access
    It's your opinion, but me, I don't pay for servers, I pay for patches. Difference between P2P and F2P is the content, the development, etc.

I already paid the game, and every expansion.

In 2004 your point was good, in 2013 your point is not good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    It's your opinion, but me, I don't pay for servers, I pay for patches. Difference between P2P and F2P is the content, the development, etc.

I already paid the game, and every expansion.

In 2004 your point was good, in 2013 your point is not good.
    You pay for patches and new content, but that does not mean you want to have it all (legendaries, HM gear and so on) right now and without effort, yes ?

OP is complaining about people that want to have everything without putting too much effort into it.

See this

from the video "in Wrath, blizz made the smart choice by letting us get raid worth equipment witouth having to do the raid to get it"

10+ Year Old Account
    We know about this already. But I agree that people that want to be handed everything should leave. Even if it means 2-3+ Million leave.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Consider a game, let's say, Goldeneye 007.

- Group A of gamers used to play it on the very easy. They saw almost everything the game had to offer: main plot, main stages, villains, etc. It was on a trivial difficult, but they weren't looking for much challenge anyway.
    - Group B used to play it on normal mode. They saw almost everything the game had to offer, but wanted more challenge. Maybe they unlocked something special here and there, but all in all, it was about the challenge, as the game was still the same.
    - Group C used to play it on the hardest mode available. They saw all the game had to offer, but wanted the most challenging content. They unlocked everything available.

Which brings me to "The Problem with WoW":

- People claiming they are part of a Group they aren't.
    - People caring for Groups other than the Group they are in. This includes "Group C claims Group A and B are baddies who shouldn't even be allowed to play the game"; "Group A claims that Group B and C are a bunch of 'no life'"; "Group B claims that Group A destroys the community by being bad and Group C thinks this game is a job".

Which brings me to "The Solution to WoW":

- Take your time and find which group you belong.
    - Care about your group and don't bother with the others.
    - Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    from the video "in Wrath, blizz made the smart choice by letting us get raid worth equipment witouth having to do the raid to get it"
    No different than they're doing now. Back then 10man version was seen as the scrub version of the raids that gave out easy loot, even with a weekly raid quest for PUGs and casuals (but maybe that's just cos I was in a 25 raid team at the time so we were a bit biased). The bought epics were seen as inferior to the actual raiding stuff, just like LFR is seen as inferior to actual raiding stuff like it is today, but in general, NO-ONE ACTUALLY CARES. It's only on the forum people moan about this stuff. In reality, even then everyone just saw it as a great way for newer players, alts and offspecs to get ready to raid quicker.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Be more selective with who you play if you're becoming disenchanted with the way randoms are acting. The problem that you introduce is definitely something that seems to be more and more the case these days. I've seen articles like this one: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ould-feel-bad/

that bring up how people in groups now are more obsessed with DPS meters and min/maxing more than ever and will kick someone out of the group if they are slowing them down for even a microsecond instead of taking the time to help them. It's sad that there are cases like that but I find that not everyone is only in it for themselves or looking to race to the finish of everything; on the contrary, people are playing a MMO because they genuinely appreciate playing with others, helping others, and interacting with others as they play. Because the game is so popular and comprised of such a huge player base -- the bad apples seem to linger in our minds longer than those that are actually decent and we tend to exaggerate the number of bad apples in our minds as a result.