Question Resto PVP DPS(HoTW) Rotation?

Hello everyone,
    Thanks for looking at my post.

I had a question that may seem simple to some of you, I couldn't find an answer to my liking through google.

This is mostly regarding 2's. I run hunter/resto druid 2s..having trouble finding a steady 3rd for my 3s.
    BUT, I'm curious as to what is the best way to add dps to our kill target? I use HoTW as my last tier talent...I've heard that swapping weapons and going kitty is pretty beast. Is it stronger that being in caster form wrathing? If so could you give me a little run down on the feral rotation in resto spec?

And aside from that, outside of HoTW. Should I just be moonfire'ing the target when I can..getting some wraths off when I can?

Any help is appreciated! thanks! (should this be in the pvp section?)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath and maintaining Moonfire will be much more beneficial to you. You have no energy management to assist in burst and the high intelligence on your gear will boost the damage higher from spell casting

Deleted
    I'm not sure but i think the best rotation is moonfire, change weapon and go kitty using mangle until 5cb and then ferocius bite. I usually do this and have done hits of FB of 200k dmg. And also they cant interrupt you in cat form so if you have to heal you won't be silenced. On the other hand you have to be carefull of melee CC like fear but i think its still better going kitty and less troubles

Deleted
    I usually build 5 combopoints on the kill target and prepare for when my dps is ready to go ham.
    Then i pop hotw and FB with full energy and then just spam moonfire and wrath.

Works like a charm. This mostly just works on teams without dks, rogue or hunters tho because
    they will facerape you before you have even built 3 combopoints on the kill target...

It's situational, you have to gauge what's important in a given match. Because HotW lasts a long time (45 seconds), you may find yourself using both Wraths and Cat Form, depending on the situation. The benefit to Wrath is you don't have to give up a good defensive position, if your opponent is out of position. The downside is the cast time and very low Crit rate. Cat Form is especially nice with a ranged partner, where you can keep applying pressure to help finish off a target when they're trying to LoS. Your Crit rate will be high, you're hard to escape from if you shift smartly, and combo points give you the utility to be able to stun if it'll have more benefit than a big FB.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the highest pure damage, assuming you can stay on a target, is Moonfiring and then jumping on someone in Cat Form. Get Rake up, spam Mangle, and FB.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    This mostly just works on teams without dks, rogue or hunters tho because
    they will facerape you before you have even built 3 combopoints on the kill target...
    Are you talking 3v3 here? Because 2v2, having yourself hotted up before you go Cat should keep you up just fine, unless you hit HotW during their burst window (which you shouldn't). If you're getting dropped that quickly by a single DPSer in 2s, I recommend telling your partner to learn to peel. If you're playing against double DPS, HotW isn't generally necessary, unless you're against Spriest/Rogue or some other team that isn't straightforward to finish off.

i remember playing with a hotw druid once..he decided to go cat form to build points, his corpse ended where he shapeshifted into cat

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i remember playing with a hotw druid once..he decided to go cat form to build points, his corpse ended where he shapeshifted into cat
    He's bad and should feel bad. Situational awareness is pretty key if you're going to go offensive as Resto. Almost none of my losses (and there's plenty of them, I'm nothing special) come from building combo points though.