Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Of proper cinematic quality. They served the same rolle and purpose of say the 4.1 trailer.
    Do you know what a trailer is?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that Blizz are saving up for patch 5.4 since we get to go and give Garrosh a good ass whoopin and because of that they would want an awesome cinematic. Since 5.3 does not really add anything major like dungeons or raids then it does not need a cinematic. There will be enough mini story cinematics in the solo scenarios that should be enough until 5.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Since when do they need to be a certain length to be a cinematic?

If they want something longer say so. But don't spread lies by saying there wasn't one. There were in fact 2 cinematics for 5.1
    I'm pretty sure the OP means a trailer. Something like what he posted. Trailers are not in game and the always end with the patch's name at the end. Those that you posted are in game cinematics. They are not trailers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Meh, it's more like they should find better ways to announce them.
    Considering they put them on the launcher where you hit ''play'', its kinda your fault for not careing about it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like those great big logo designs they use to showcase major patches... but I don't know if the patch will warrant it. Maybe, as people have suggested, a short clip montage featuring players and no dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Meh, it's more like they should find better ways to announce them.
    You don't use the launcher to get on wow? What more could they do? I doubt you visit their site more often than you hit the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    We got plenty of lore o.O, just not repeatable dailies now.

We also got tons of scenarios, new BG and new Arena, i think it is enough for such a small content patch?

Or do you rather want ToT to last 12 months like DS?
    The amount of things that happened in 5.1 completely eclipses 5.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The amount of things that happened in 5.1 completely eclipses 5.3.
    I disagree, if I could post both official patch notes in comparison, 5.3 has more going in as relative content sepcially for PvP'rs if I may add.

Anyway, I can see this going nowhere, I'd say is better if Cinematic team focuses on 5.4, but hey thats just me, im not completly needy :P. Time for lunch.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-05-06 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I disagree, if I could post both official patch notes in comparison, 5.3 has more going in as relative content sepcially for PvP'rs if I may add.
    You sure? I don't pvp, so when I read the notes all I really saw was a filler patch. There's pvp stuff and like 1 scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 scenario? Yeah im done lol

1 scenario? Yeah im done lol
    Feel free to tell me wrong, I'll go look again, but I really didn't see much. Maybe five scenarios? I don't know, I'm not that interested in scenarios.

I found the old seer quest. That's what I thought was the scenario, but feel free to tell me about this boatload of content I'm completely missing as a pve'er.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, cinematics are always badass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    5.1 did have one, you even saw it ingame.
    ye...I ment that one that's NOT in-game, like the sh17load of others that came with all the patches before.

hell, if they even put a crappy trailer, like they did for Dragon Soul, it would've been enough
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-05-06 at 07:18 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    Ingame quest cutscenes.

Mind telling me what the label of the video is?

Deleted
    Considering they put them on the launcher where you hit ''play'', its kinda your fault for not careing about it :P
    I never read anything in the launcher unless there's a new patch, of which I have usually read it all anyway so I tab out and do other stuff. I get all my WoW news here on MMO-champion.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    You don't use the launcher to get on wow? What more could they do? I doubt you visit their site more often than you hit the launcher.
    No I don't use the launcher, unless there's a new patch to be downloaded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Mind telling me what the label of the video is?
    5.1 horde/alliance intro

I would love a cinematic, but I understand if we don't get one. I'm fine with only the raid patches getting cinematics. I feel cinematics are made to hype up the big baddie we gotta kill, and since 5.1 and 5.3 doesn't have any of those they don't have cinematics.

10+ Year Old Account
    A cinematic is in my opinion only justified when the content reflects it accordingly. With that said, not every patch needs one at all.
    There's actually such thing like overdoing it. I rather have them every now and then, when big patches come with lots of content, or new raid etc. than with every in between patch that only drives the story on a little bit.

From what I know so far, the next patch really doesn't need a cinematic.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Feel free to tell me wrong, I'll go look again, but I really didn't see much. Maybe five scenarios? I don't know, I'm not that interested in scenarios.

I found the old seer quest. That's what I thought was the scenario, but feel free to tell me about this boatload of content I'm completely missing as a pve'er.
    Scenarios are PvE content if you like (or do) it or not. I'm not saying that raiding isn't PvE content 'cause I ain't doing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe why not..., but i don't expect one, i will be waiting for 5.4 cinematic