Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Kinda funny seeing as the players are the ones accomplishin everythin

As to OP, it works the other way around to, lore characters cant do anything without us
    Look at ToT, all of Jaina's and Lorethmar's assualts would have failed without us players carrying them
    That's a matter of gameplay though. We're not as powerful as the major lore characters, but it would make for a boring game if they were doing everything and we were on the sidelines. In WoW, story is bent to serve gameplay, not the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    That's how I always pictured it.

Like, remember when you'd go to your unit buildings in the RTS? IT's just like WoW! Go to your Barracks and pop a Footman! There! That's that Warrior in your raid group always bitching about not getting his Weapons !

Also, since the only Paladin units were heroes (Arthas, Uther and the random heroes modelled after Uther) I therefore proclaim all Paladins are Heroes. The rest of you are peons. BOW DOWN!
    actually the only hero class in wow is dk's so everyone in the games is peon while dk's.... dk's is the heroes. :P
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Chen Stormstout or Taran Zhu make an appearance if there's some Sha involvement at the end.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    That's a matter of gameplay though. We're not as powerful as the major lore characters, but it would make for a boring game if they were doing everything and we were on the sidelines. In WoW, story is bent to serve gameplay, not the other way around.
    yes I understand, buts its not a distinction others can easily make
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Chen Stormstout or Taran Zhu make an appearance if there's some Sha involvement at the end.
    Chen is already set up to be there, but I would be surprised to see Taran Zhu or the Shado-Pan considering they were also involved in Throne of Thunder/Isle of Thunder. I hope to see Ji and Aysa though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Yes because it is considered that the end bosses are STRONG even 40 and 25 Powerful guys is nothing compared to Single big boss so we need someone their equal in power.
    Pretty much this... Lore-wise, LK was so strong the only reason we could fight him for so long was that he tested us to make us hid ultimate undead champions. Then he oneshot all of us. The reason he was defeated in the end was that the power of ashbringer cancelled out its polar opposite, the Frostmourne, thus releasing the souls. It wasn't us, who fell Archimonde, we just held him back long enough for Malfurion to release the power of Nordrasil and the wisps to defeat him. We wouldn't be able to even scratch Deathwing, if it weren't for Dragon Soul, and even after that, we just held him back while THE WHOLE RAW POWER WITH WHICH TITANS INFUSED THE DRAGON ASPECTS was channeled to defeat him...

You gotta realise that relatively in the story we aren't really that strong... The named heroes and ordinary bosses are people who have been intensively training for their whole life and/or are infused with supreme power and/or have priceless artifacts... End bosses? Usually more of those, one of which is prominently driven up to 11. We have none of that, we start as adults, no god has infused us with his power and we're decked in what we can scrap off the dead bodies of those who we had killed by ganging up on them 25 to 1. It's not like the real war, where there are the unknown soldiers, that do the dirty work, while the Pattons, the Zhukovs and the Rommels (that sounds like the worst sitcom ever) sit comfortably in their bunkers figuring out the tactics. It's more like if Churchill took 25 soldiers with him into the Eagle's Nest, they'd fought their way through a couple of hundred soldiers and then killed Hitler, thus ending the WW2. Also Churchill and Hitler would both be wizards, while the soldiers would only have guns... Also, Hitler would be made out of kevlar, so our guns would really just inconvenience him...

Yes, all of the soldiers would be promoted, celebrated and their names would probably be somewhere in the newspaper articles, but you wouldn't learn them in school. You wouldn't remember their names even if you were alive at the time. They'd be only known as The Churchill's squad. Just as we're Tirion's Crusaders et al...
    Last edited by mmocef366ff7e8; 2013-05-07 at 01:57 AM.