Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The new Warchief will deal with Sylvanas?

Hey everyone, I remember some weeks ago in one of Dave Kosak interviews he said something about the new Warchief will deal with Sylvanas.

What do you think will happen?

To be honest it's unlikely he will kill her or something because not only she is a faction leader but one of the most popular faction leaders in Warcraft history.

So yeah what you guys think?

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes she will, because the new warchief is sylvanas

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful. If anything the new warchief will give her more free room.

What it will do, is it will show us Sylvanas' true goals. Without a warchief telling her to "take this, take that. Hold Gilneas." we will see if she really has ambitions of conquering the world, or if she was following orders.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably going to be something along the lines of:

"We know you despised Garrosh, but we need to ensure where your loyalties lie, and if they arn't what we hope, we're going to have some problems."
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Sylvanas will become the next warchief!
    BAM!
    Dealt with!
    Booya!

Actually, no, but w/e: BOOM!

Can you find what he said exactly....context and phrasing can mean a lot.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He (or she) will give her handshake and his blessing in preparation to exterminate every single alliance settlement north to wetlands. And then fun part will start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He (or she) will give her handshake and his blessing in preparation to exterminate every single alliance settlement north to wetlands. And then fun part will start.
    I'd get on this boat.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    he'll call her a bitch and port back to Orgrimmar

Deleted
    Sylvanas is gonna be the new warchief!

10+ Year Old Account
    It will makes her be in line (stop using the plague -i actually don't see a really reason why she shouldn't use it but meeehhh- and will work with her for another way to "reproduce" without using the valkyrs

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends who is it. You'd think Vol'jin would crack down on her, but he bizarrely cites her as one of his guaranteed allies against Garrosh and even threatens to let her raise dead Alliance troops.

Sarcastic threat, sure, but still...

Deleted
    Source?/10chars

Deleted
    Valkyr Forsaken reproduction shouldnt be an issue of the other Horde races. They knew what to expect when they invited them.... *buuhhh... surprise... undead spreading their curse*

And also, what is the difference between killing Alliance with a normal weapon (smashing their heads with a mace, or cutting off legs or arms with an axt or a sword) or transforming them into ooze by using the plague? Is there a "honor" treatment you should follow when you're killing your enemies?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    And also, what is the difference between killing Alliance with a normal weapon (smashing their heads with a mace, or cutting off legs or arms with an axt or a sword) or transforming them into ooze by using the plague? Is there a "honor" treatment you should follow when you're killing your enemies?
    Honor, young heroes... no matter how dire the battle... Never forsake it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Honor, young heroes... no matter how dire the battle... Never forsake it!
    I wouldnt give crap that turd spews any weight.

Sylvannas can't be deposed until there's a suitable replacement.

Deleted
    There is an event Horizon approaching whereupon Sylvannas becomes a greater threat than she is an asset to the Horde. She knows it and the other Horde leaders know it. There's nothing to be done about it, though, because at the moment the Horde needs her and she needs the Horde. Sooner or later the last part won't be true, then the Horde is in trouble. This is basically, I think, Sylvanas' long-play strategy.

Any Warchief is in a really pickle when it comes to undercity. The longer they are left to grow, the faster this event horizon approaches, and the bigger of a problem the forsaken will be when they inevitably are enemies. However, betraying the Forsaken isn't an option, because it would leave the Horde devastated and weak to the Alliance. The later this inevitable conflict is postponed, the more devastating an impact it will have upon the Horde if they succeed at all.

The only right strategy is to betray the Forsaken several years ago, a good time to do that would've been during Wrath. As soon as the tide turned against the Lich King, the Horde should have turned on the Forsaken and exterminated them. Pin wrathgate on the entire Forsaken force as the excuse, and take advantage what was otherwise a high point in Horde Alliance relations in the shadow of a powerful common enemy, and in light that both the Horde and the Alliance were too engaged with the scourge to wipe one another out. Considering that the Horde would probably lose Tirisfal Glade without the Forsaken to defend it, they'dve been best to offer it to the Alliance in exchange for a peace treaty which respects the Plaguelands as part of Quel'thalas.

Too late now, though. Now the Horde is stuck on a ride they can't get off. Every gain they get from being allied with the increasingly powerful Forsaken is meaningless in that it will inevitably be taken from them by the Forsaken. The Horde's best-case scenario is that the Alliance helps them take out Sylvanas and are merciful enough to not just follow through and take care of the Horde afterwards. Alternately, the Forsaken might assume control of the Horde and not assimilate it, in a similarly generous move. If either the Alliance or the Forsaken are as ruthless as they normally are, the Horde loses either way.

Basically Thrall's notions of honour doomed the Horde. He was right to ally with them, but he should have betrayed them when he had the chance.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    Sylvannas can't be deposed until there's a suitable replacement.
    Oh yeah, or this. I forgot about this. The problem the forsaken present is their endless growth due to the Valkyr; they are themselves pledged to Sylvanas. If Sylvanas and/or the Valkyr can be destroyed, then the Forsaken no longer present the inevitable doom they currently do. Of course, a suitable successor would need to be found- a tough ask because the Forsaken is built around a cult of personality surrounding Sylvanas (deliberate on her part, I would guess). So either Sylvanas would need to be taken care of quietly and laid to rest with full honors, the Valkyr are taken care of with or without her consent but she remains in power, or someone bigger and badder enforces a 'change in management'.

Tirion, he's not supposed to keep a close eye on her ?

And Koltira, he's going to make a comaback, very well courrupted ?

Quote Originally Posted by composemail View Post
    There is an event Horizon approaching whereupon Sylvannas becomes a greater threat than she is an asset to the Horde. She knows it and the other Horde leaders know it. There's nothing to be done about it, though, because at the moment the Horde needs her and she needs the Horde. Sooner or later the last part won't be true, then the Horde is in trouble. This is basically, I think, Sylvanas' long-play strategy.

Any Warchief is in a really pickle when it comes to undercity. The longer they are left to grow, the faster this event horizon approaches, and the bigger of a problem the forsaken will be when they inevitably are enemies. However, betraying the Forsaken isn't an option, because it would leave the Horde devastated and weak to the Alliance. The later this inevitable conflict is postponed, the more devastating an impact it will have upon the Horde if they succeed at all.

The only right strategy is to betray the Forsaken several years ago, a good time to do that would've been during Wrath. As soon as the tide turned against the Lich King, the Horde should have turned on the Forsaken and exterminated them. Pin wrathgate on the entire Forsaken force as the excuse, and take advantage what was otherwise a high point in Horde Alliance relations in the shadow of a powerful common enemy, and in light that both the Horde and the Alliance were too engaged with the scourge to wipe one another out. Considering that the Horde would probably lose Tirisfal Glade without the Forsaken to defend it, they'dve been best to offer it to the Alliance in exchange for a peace treaty which respects the Plaguelands as part of Quel'thalas.

Too late now, though. Now the Horde is stuck on a ride they can't get off. Every gain they get from being allied with the increasingly powerful Forsaken is meaningless in that it will inevitably be taken from them by the Forsaken. The Horde's best-case scenario is that the Alliance helps them take out Sylvanas and are merciful enough to not just follow through and take care of the Horde afterwards. Alternately, the Forsaken might assume control of the Horde and not assimilate it, in a similarly generous move. If either the Alliance or the Forsaken are as ruthless as they normally are, the Horde loses either way.

Basically Thrall's notions of honour doomed the Horde. He was right to ally with them, but he should have betrayed them when he had the chance.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 07:45 PM ----------

Oh yeah, or this. I forgot about this. The problem the forsaken present is their endless growth due to the Valkyr; they are themselves pledged to Sylvanas. If Sylvanas and/or the Valkyr can be destroyed, then the Forsaken no longer present the inevitable doom they currently do. Of course, a suitable successor would need to be found- a tough ask because the Forsaken is built around a cult of personality surrounding Sylvanas (deliberate on her part, I would guess). So either Sylvanas would need to be taken care of quietly and laid to rest with full honors, the Valkyr are taken care of with or without her consent but she remains in power, or someone bigger and badder enforces a 'change in management'.
    Yeah, I never really realized how ingrained Sylvannas is. Do you think Sylvannas could even be replaced or is it kind of like the Alliance getting Lordaeron back?

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 12:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Tirion, he's not supposed to keep a close eye on her ?

And Koltira, he's going to make a comaback, very well courrupted ?
    He's not a babysitter. And Koltira is kind of an abandoned point right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I wouldnt give crap that turd spews any weight.
    Why Saurfang hate all of the sudden?