Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Doubtful. If anything the new warchief will give her more free room.

What it will do, is it will show us Sylvanas' true goals. Without a warchief telling her to "take this, take that. Hold Gilneas." we will see if she really has ambitions of conquering the world, or if she was following orders.
    This. I'm betting the next Warchief loosens her reins as a secret test of character--find out who she is when she thinks the Warchief isn't keeping tabs on what she's up to. Whether or not she passes the test or continues unabated (or even steps it up a notch without having to sidestep around Garrosh's no-plague edicts) depends on her and Blizzard.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    She didnt declared anything. These humans always fought to reclaim Lordaeron and always will ! Again the Forsaken or Humans. These territory must belong to Humans or Forsaken. This war goes on for long time ! This all began when Sylvanas took Lordaeron to make city in Undercity. Of course the has interests in whole Northern part of Eatern Kingdoms. But Silverpine is nearest one followed By gilneas both of them ar at war now. Though Gilneas war was total aggression taunting from Frosaken, and only they are to blame what happened there, But Silverpine is Different both sides started war. Humans needed Lordaeron Forsaken refused to give and in answer they took Silverpine too.
    Gilneas was entirely by Garrosh's command. The Forsaken didn't want anything to do with it. Garrosh threatened to invade UC with his army if they didn't comply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas needs to become the warcheif.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Knaak, invalid.
    As badly as I want to agree with you, Knaak's shit is still considered canon. Nobody on the lore team has come out on the boards, in interviews, on Twitter, or at Blizzcon to declare Knaak's contributions non-canon even if they've been busy letting Golden kill off his more notorious Stus lately.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Gilneas was entirely by Garrosh's command. The Forsaken didn't want anything to do with it. Garrosh threatened to invade UC with his army if they didn't comply.
    To wit, after Sylvanas committed suicide in her Leader short story, Garrosh used the Forsaken as meat shields to keep the master race his orcish troops safe and sound behind them. When she came back, she was livid and actually managed to get him to back down and let her take command of the campaign he gave her--something none of the other leaders have managed to do short of Lor'themar (who's always had a pretty loose leash, given the lack of reasons both Thrall and Garrosh have had to distrust him) and Vol'jin (who openly rebels in 5.3, but remains unwillingly compliant in Cataclysm and Tides of War before the assassination attempt in 5.1).

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    As badly as I want to agree with you, Knaak's shit is still considered canon. Nobody on the lore team has come out on the boards, in interviews, on Twitter, or at Blizzcon to declare Knaak's contributions non-canon even if they've been busy letting Golden kill off his more notorious Stus lately.
    His important shit is canon, but we can pretend that some characters acting out of character didnt happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    His important shit is canon, but we can pretend that some characters acting out of character didnt happen.
    Generally not a fan of death of the author even if the author's a talentless hack with zero understanding of the setting they're working with. Instead, I prefer to file Sylvanas's little vision away the way she would: a weak moment that's immediately crushed underfoot and moved on past without a second look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you are right, but I was now we where talking about Forsaken taking lands surrounding Lordaeron territories so didnt wanted to mention Orcs here. Still even with Garroshs Command they looked and look very aggressive whole Worgen starting zone quests indicates that Forsaken willed to take control of Gilneas they even used Plague , not following direct orders from Warchief. (thats why I love Sylvanas - unbound iron lady )
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBroChill17 View Post
    "A hero, that is what you once were. You stood boldly against the shadow and purchased another dawn for the world... with your life."

That to me doesn't sound like a voluntary conversion to a death knight. Just my two cents.
    Non evil characters usually can't think of why a character would choose to be evil. Stop thinking everything any character says is universally true. Just because that's what happened from their perspective doesn't mean that's how it really happened.

She will simply go to Silvermoon and life happily after. F*cking all day long with handsome blood elves. She would be surely longing for that
    You think she doesn't get the dick? C'mon man she is a freaking Queen ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    + Royal apotheracy surely can put they knowledge to create some toys. And constructs if needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but come on it is not real sex. Can you imagine F*cking someone rotting dead and you are FORCED to do it! When you are alive it comes naturally. And I dont think Undead people can experience pleasure when having sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes of course, she will experience same what she experienced when she was brought back in life as Banshee. But this time this feeling will be doubled with responsibility for Forsaken and Hatred against Everyone. As undead she can trust No one and hate them but as Live being its bit different.
    And that would make for a great story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    + Royal apotheracy surely can put they knowledge to create some toys. And constructs if needed.
    Nathanos says hi.

She has some unflattering stuff on her resume, but I doubt we're going to have to deal with that with all due seriousness, not so soon after Garrosh anyway. The downfall of Horde's pride ought to end with him, afterwards it is just beating on a dead horse.

The new Chief will probably have a chat with her, to make sure they're on the same level on things. Then it will be like it was during Thrall's time.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2013-05-06 at 10:11 PM.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

Yeah but come on it is not real sex. Can you imagine F*cking someone rotting dead and you are FORCED to do it! When you are alive it comes naturally. And I dont think Undead people can experience pleasure when having sex.
    Hmmm, well she is a banshee. Can't she leave her body in the middle of the night and go to Hearthglen or something? I'm sure there are lots of women she can possess there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, well she is a banshee. Can't she leave her body in the middle of the night and go to Hearthglen or something? I'm sure there are lots of women she can possess there.
    Still you dont feel a Sh*t No orgasm no pleasure.

No orgasm no pleasure.
    No reason.

Now go back to 4chan you deviated degenerates.

No reason.

Now go back to 4chan you deviated degenerates.
    I've never been there TBH.

There's a difference between killing people to raise them and raising people after killing them just because their bodies are easily accessible.

---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 02:27 PM ----------

Again. There's a difference between the 2nd generation (LK) DKs and the PC DKs. The original Scourge DKs during the 3rd War were corrupted paladins that chose to join the LK. The PC DKs in Archerus are a later generation of DKs that were raised from the dead.
    DK's are still more sophisticated than your normal scourge. Their will was bound to the LK but they still had their own personalities. I love to use Thassarian as an example, even as a DK he showed his own version of compassion for his brothers when he sends you to rescue Koltira from the Scarlet. He actually cared about the well being of his fellow DK's, which is actually odd for a DK to do. But in the end, it was all for the LK. And, interestingly enough, DK's in general actually have a code of honor, twisted as it may be.

This is what made them so dangerous. They could think, and calculate. I wouldn't say they had total free will, I would more say they had a limited will.
    Last edited by Keile; 2013-05-06 at 10:21 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Well, I suppose the next Warchief's eagerness to reprimand Sylvanas for the methods she has been using since the Gilnean campaign will depend upon how devoted they are to diplomacy and normalising Horde-Alliance relations and whether or not their personal moral code makes room for pragmatism.

Apart from making use of weaponry which Garrosh had told her not to use, though she made use of them because they offered the only feasible way for her to carry out his orders of seizing Gilneas, Sylvanas and the Forsaken have done very little (if anything) to cause grievances to the Horde. The only people injured by the Forsaken campaign in Lordaeron have been members of the Alliance, enemies to both factions (Scarlets, Scourge etc.) or members of races actively hostile to most Horde races.

Sure, Sylvanas has been a bitch, but she's been a bitch towards the enemy. Unless the next Warchief wants peace or to at least conduct an "honourable" war, then the only words they need to be having with Sylvanas are, "Please, just do as I ask and lay off the icky stuff.".