Question Resto PVP DPS(HoTW) Rotation?

(to mods..I posted this in druid section..if you could delete it, to have it only here, I think I will get some better answers.)

Resto PVP DPS(HoTW) Rotation?

Hello everyone,
    Thanks for looking at my post.

I had a question that may seem simple to some of you, I couldn't find an answer to my liking through google.

This is mostly regarding 2's. I run hunter/resto druid 2s..having trouble finding a steady 3rd for my 3s.
    BUT, I'm curious as to what is the best way to add dps to our kill target? I use HoTW as my last tier talent...I've heard that swapping weapons and going kitty is pretty beast. Is it stronger that being in caster form wrathing? If so could you give me a little run down on the feral rotation in resto spec?

And aside from that, outside of HoTW. Should I just be moonfire'ing the target when I can..getting some wraths off when I can?

Any help is appreciated! thanks!

caster would probably be in your favor to stay in good position. getting into melee range would be setting yourself up for a swap or a cc chain.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Here is how I do it in 2v2. We decide at the start of the game who the switch target is going to be and that is the person I open with a pounce/clone. Then in the next few minutes I slowly build combo points up so when the time comes to swap I can assist burst with a 5 point ferocious bite with full energy. If it is a melee this works well, otherwise I stay at range and wrath/moonfire so I don't get CCed. Don't chase around while heart is up, you have 45 seconds to help assist on damage so no need to chase out of position and get into trouble.

I normally make sure I have 5 combo points 'just incase', pop HOTW, get moonfire up and start casting wraths. If you're concerned that you might get locked on your wrath you can either MF spam or go into kitty and do a 5cp Fero Bite (and get rake up while you're in that form). Ferocious bite does the most burst, but opens you up to swaps and AoE CC. Wrath does the most damage if you get the opportunity to stand and spam cast it.

Kitty damage is based purely on weapon damage, which is normalised to 1 with attack speed, so swapping between 1h and 2h doesn't actually have a huge amount of impact, and I'm not even sure Ferocious Bite takes weapon damage as a coefficient, it might just be attack power. Either way, I don't think weapon swapping is a benefit. You could try it for yourself with a conquest agi staff vs spirit staff vs mh/oh though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always just wrath/MF. The problem I've had with going kitty is the need to be in melee. If the other team is on you, you should be using it in bear form for the insane armor anyway. You just need to be careful about juking windshears/counterspells because it is a nature spell.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    I tried out the weapon swap since I wasn't sure how it works. Now fero bite and rake dont scale with weapon dps, so there's no point in switching only for that. I'm not even sure what fero bite uses for scaling as a resto druid, I do a few % more dmg with the 498 spirit staff than with the 478 honor agi staff. However, switching between 1h caster dagger and 2h feral staff will increase your autoattack and mangle dmg by a lot. I don't have a 1h to try it out, but it's somewhere between 50 and 100 % increase. You do need weapon switch macros and you lose 1-2 globals because of it though.

There's one more thing, I also tried oldschool healing weapon switching as feral. In a general situation it would really depend if you can afford the lost globals, since rejuv gets about 20 % more healing and a healing touch about 30 %. I think it's quite good in a crosskill 1v1, but rarely during a 3v3 match. Hotw tranquillity however could be quite sick with a weapon swap, you get about 25 % more healing done with the caster weapon.
    It scales with AP, but you have to remember you get 1:1 Agi-Int scaling as a druid. And yeah, as Boomkin in RBG's I HOTW tranq all the time. It's pretty nasty, the application ticks heal for liek 50k and the hot is pretty insane too, don't know real numbers. But yeah I can't see HOTW being used for Resto damage unless you are doing like GodComp/ShatterPlay(whatever people want to call it) or Lock/Mage/Druid. A team that your buddies and you can keep 1-2 of them CC'd and let you freecast also.