Take a break from here

I know this may seem like a bit of a "topic to incite argument" but in my experience the following has really helped me enjoy wow more in recent months.

Stop coming to these, and the official wow forums. For the last few months i've stayed away from Mmo-Champion and other similar forums and i've found that my enjoyment of WoW has increased. These forums have always been filled with essentially nothing but negative threads, and almost never are they constructive, people post here with NO INTENTION of changing their opinion, even when presented with logical and proven arguments, it seems from reading everything here that people post solely to slag off the game, then get surprised when people don't agree with their opinion.

All the negativity (And negativity based around stupidity) has a habit of rubbing off on you, and i find after visiting here, i can't help but look for flaws in the game that don't really exist, or if they do, don't really affect me. It's like people want everyone to hate something just because they do.

Now obviously i'm not telling you, you have to stop coming here or anything like that, i have simply found that this works for me, and who knows, it might work for you as well.

In summary: Try to judge the game based on your own opinions, and if you can restrain yourself: don't come here and post your complaints in a fan forum where nothing good will come of them. Saying "I hate this and this. this needs nerfed etc etc" here isn't going to do anything, it isn't going to change the game, it is just going to start a circlejerk of people who agree with you, and an argument with people who don't.

Totally agree. Sadly I am addicted to fora such as this one. But honestly there haven't been any topics worth reading in a good while.

Almost everytime I see a post I have to ask if I am being trolled into commenting or if the poster of the topic is that stupid/ignorant. We talk about LFR being bad and a cesspool. Well this forum has got a good cesspool too.

I am sometimes astonished at threads that go on and on and on, and amongst those posts are a few beacons of shining light that have wisdom. But those posts get utterly ignored and the battle keeps on raging. It's like people come here to whine for the sake of whining.

What I would want from mmo-champion is reasonable discussions and people openminded enough they are mistaken. While that is sometimes hard to do, it is what I would like to see more. I have been on both sides of this. Sometimes I would be pigheaded (thats what you get for feeling you are right I guess) but I also have admitted when I was wrong.

And what about those people that post useless crap like: "gets popcorn"- "inbeforeban" etc etc - what good does that do? Does it make people feel smart?

Oh well seems I am part of the problem as my post is a tad negative about mmo-champion at the moment. That said I enjoy coming here. And I love it when I do spot those beacons of shining light.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Oh well seems I am part of the problem as my post is a tad negative about mmo-champion at the moment. That said I enjoy coming here. And I love it when I do spot those beacons of shining light.
    Spoken like a true nancy fancy paladin, sonny-jim!

/all of my warrior forum rage
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    The general problem with forums is that there are people who like "stirring the pot" and it does not take many of these people to cause Fanboi vs Hater threads.

Internet anonymity does not help this situation at all.

I wish we could use forums like these for constructive purposes but constructive threads always get lost in all the flaming and arguments.

Not sure what the solution is forums like EJ took it to far but there has to be middle ground.

My "favorite" posts recently was a Holy Pally raging about how they needed buffed after the T14 set bonus change, as a 10M Resto Shaman I found that pretty offensive, but his arguments where "your fine in LFR" and "its really easy for you to go DPS" so Holy Pallys should be kings of Healing forever, was really not constructive from either of our points of view.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-05-07 at 09:30 AM. Reason: speeling

10+ Year Old Account
    The community of wow is a big factor. It's part of the game, and while removing yourself from parts of the game can increase your own personal enjoyment, the larger scope of the game is a communal experience. Each to their own, so if you hate this aspect of the community go for it! all the power to you
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    The community of wow is a big factor. It's part of the game, and while removing yourself from parts of the game can increase your own personal enjoyment, the larger scope of the game is a communal experience. Each to their own, so if you hate this aspect of the community go for it! all the power to you
    hey Moko, dunno how long you've had that Gandalf picture for your avatar. But ever since I have noticed it, I sorta "listen more closely to what you have to say." hahaha