Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    What on earth are you talking about
    "LFM , link the achievement you possibly couldn't have gained yet and be sure to have GearScore!"

What's got your knickers in a twist, champ?
    That was directed at yourself, wasn't it?

1. This game is driven by "casual" players.
    2. We all pay to play this game so all should be able to see all endgame content (not HMs of course), LFR is great for that.

That is all

Z.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    "LFM <entrance raid 10man normal>, link the achievement you possibly couldn't have gained yet and be sure to have <heroic raiding gear> GearScore!"
    No-ones forcing you to join 'those' over exaggerated groups, make your own.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 06:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    That was directed at yourself, wasn't it?
    No, clearly you're the one upset here.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

It is laughable.

Casual = bad.... at least that's what Blizzard believes.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR posts, LFR post everywhere!

Given "casuals" spent years asking for more accessibility to raiding for people who didn't have 4 hrs a night 3-4 nights a week to devote to a game, I'd say yes, this is exactly what "casuals" want. Or, a lot of them do.

Since when is WoW a dungeon sim either?

Quote Originally Posted by powcsonka View Post
    lag and melee vision issues
    Welcome to WoW.
    Welcome to MMOs.
    Welcome to online gaming.
    Welcome to the internet.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 07:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post
    It is laughable.

It seems to be what the forums believe.

Blizzard doesn't make LFR experiences bad. Players do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself, have played WoW for 6 years. Saying that Casuals wont stay, like hardcore raiders, is a load of bullcrap. I don't have time to spend a whole day every week, to raid with my guild. I also want to gear up, and get the best out of my character, without having to shell myself from real life. That's why LFR is an great implement, cause you can do it when you actually have the time.

No-ones forcing you to join 'those' over exaggerated groups, make your own.
    I did actually. It's just hard to accomodate everyone with just one group.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    LFR gear is the best possible gear now?
    I think he meant that it's the best he can get without shelling himself out from his real life obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    I put in the same amount of effort into LFR that I used to put into ICC. Potions, food, elixirs, reading the fight details, etc. LFR is better for me. Why? I can log in and do it when I want. LFR's popularity comes from not being put onto a raiding schedule. People can raid on THEIR time, not the guild's.
    Thank goodness there are a people like you who put effort. If we had a majority of the LFR players like Rick James, LFR would be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    5man's mean less raid content, 5mans are faceroll and easy and will never be hard, 1 ra-den > 5 heroic 5mans anyday.

bored of boosting ppl doing under 250k dps through 5mans for vp.
    yea i freakin hate that too~

LFRS are good for people on servers that have like, 2 raiding guilds, and can only put together enough people for 1 night per week raiding.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    LFR allows me to see and partake in raids that i would not normally get to see as I do not have time to commit to a raiding guild (Specific days and times do not work with my schedule). I am a casual player and this suits me nicely thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    LFR's popularity comes from not being put onto a raiding schedule. People can raid on THEIR time, not the guild's.
    It's more thant that. It's not having to suck up to a guild. It's not having to depend on a guild not falling apart. It's not having to be there for the guild when you get nothing out of it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It's like attending a warfare re-enactment and receiving a gift bag at the end. For many that's quite enough.
    Ahh I will be borrowing your description of LFR for all future comparisons, thanks.

On topic, I've been questioning the merit of LFR in recent weeks but have been unable to convince myself I don't need to run it. The rewards are simply too great for the amount (or lackthereof) of effort that goes into it. This issue and the recent thing on the community's "toxicity" (god I love that description) are pretty important and I hope to see some constructive discussion on both at blizzcon.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Sorry OP...
    LFR is here to stay - like it or not.
    I am not a particular fan, but I understand its place in WoW and for many, it is end content.
    I would like however if Blizzard did something to make it feel not mandatory for those who choose to raid normal/heroic.
    Since my guild is having a hard time on normal (Yes, we're suck right now - losses have been very hard on us and replacements are near impossible to find on our realm), we are all running LFR to improve gear where possible, but eventually when we are clearing all of ToT on normal, there are no plans to go back to LFR.
    It would be nice if Blizzard found a way to help bolster the community to actually care in LFR though. Would also be nice if mechanics similar to normal (although more forgiving) were implemented as this could be a pool for potential normal content raiders.
    Anyway, good luck and don't stress on it too much. After all it is just a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by powcsonka View Post
    Is blizz really serious when they say LFR is what casual players want, or just lazy? How can a 25 man raid sim with lag and melee vision issues be what casuals want? Sorry blizz, progressive tier 5 man heroics are much better content for us. Current = bad bad bad.
    If I understand you correct, you criticizing the technical part? If that's what you mean, I have to agree. But it's not exclusive to LFR, to say that on a side note.

The raid encounters are over board in regard of visual effects. You have to be a trained player to even find your toon anymore as melee. That's often a huge cluster fuck of bodies and spell effects from players and bosses. And that is not fun. At least it has nothing to do with it.
    An option to turn everyone else' spell effects off would be very helpful with that problem. I can easily see how this is a big problem for total new players, and rather a turn off than an encouragement to get into higher raid difficulties.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post
    It is laughable.

Problem is, how do you mix challenging content and solo-queue matchmaking?
    I'd like to see some kind of cross-realm LFG tool (TBC style, where you can see others before inviting) for normals, a bit like OpenRaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    After reading quite a few posts from the more casual players I wish Blizz would give them their heroic dungeons and lock them out of LFR's until they kill the bosses on normal.
    I get to do normal raids 1 day per week, using your plan it would probably take me weeks before I had all the normal boss kills since the guild I'm in raids for about 3 hours on raid days. So guess what I do in my off time to supplement my gear for the normals.... I do LFR. People just need to stop being butt-hurt over the lower quality epics that come from it. If you're doing heroic/normal raids you have better gear, and that gear is different visually, yes it's only color but it's still a distinction that you got it on a harder difficulty level.

Edit: I also hate people that just AFK coast through LFR. I put effort in to do the best dps I can, because I don't want to spend all freaking night to kill 3, or 4 bosses (depending on LFR wing).
    Last edited by geewhiz80; 2013-05-07 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    I don't have time to spend a whole day every week, to raid with my guild.
    Good hyperbole, I'm in 1/12HC guild and we clear the whole instance in less than 5 hours. One raid lasting max 3 hours, if you can't spend 3 hours 2 times a week for a hobby, I can't imagine the stress in your life.