Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    numbers are approximate, it could go up or down depending on full lvl 25 enemy pets or as low as 22-23's.

86 = 100k, 87 = 120k, 88 = 150k, 89 = 180k

These numbers are on the low end for the most part, but at lvl 89, you could get upwards of 196k for all 25's. Even with the xp changing for each level, it will still take exactly 150 pet battles to ding each level, so you're looking at 600-750 battles if you start at 85/86 . I have leveled my druid, paladin, and warrior from barely inside 86 all up to 90 and the numbers I mentioned were the same with each of them and I'm currently leveling my shaman the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The stones are all BOP so no buying or selling I'm afraid.
    That's sort of true. All of the "family" battle stones (i.e. critter, humanoid, etc.) are BOP, but the plain Flawless Battle-Stone that can be used on any type of battle pet are not soulbound and can be traded/sold. Looks like they average at about 8000g so they're not within my budget anyway.

Also, for those that are into the idea of leveling a toon via battle pets... keep in mind that with patch 5.3 *all* of the pet battle dailys will now give experience (where only the initial three dailys give experience currently). I'm looking forward to that (of course you have to get your toon to the quest givers, but there are some inventive people out there.

That is a good idea but it is a shame that most pets cannot be traded.
    That's true, but you can buy popular battle pets in the AH (or farm the "raid" pets) and level them to 25 (or is level 23 the max that they can be sold/traded?). Sure way to boost the sale price of an already valuable pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Daovan View Post
    numbers are approximate, it could go up or down depending on full lvl 25 enemy pets or as low as 22-23's.

86 = 100k, 87 = 120k, 88 = 150k, 89 = 180k

These numbers are on the low end for the most part, but at lvl 89, you could get upwards of 196k for all 25's. Even with the xp changing for each level, it will still take exactly 150 pet battles to ding each level, so you're looking at 600-750 battles if you start at 85/86 . I have leveled my druid, paladin, and warrior from barely inside 86 all up to 90 and the numbers I mentioned were the same with each of them and I'm currently leveling my shaman the same way.
    Do you get this each and every battle?. I was seeing how quick it is to level using pet battles only last night with my druid (lvl 85), some fights i was getting approx 87k, others only 10k approx?? (wt?) .. pets were in the range of 15-17 fighting 17/18's in outland for about an hour.. barely made 2mil xp like this.. far slower than levelling (4-5mil per hour at least).. which is fine as my intention was to level the pets not the druid.
    Last edited by Tehgypsy; 2013-05-08 at 01:53 PM. Reason: added more info

10+ Year Old Account
    I never tried it before since often I feel the need to fly if I'm ever going to reach around battle pets in a zone.
    I'll give it a try on my alts when I come back though. My 55 rogue is extremely bored of Blackrock Depths.

I have done some pet battles in between leveling archeology on my alt and I ended up leveling my monk from 81 to 85 but I fond that archeology actually gave way more exp. compared to pet battles (might have been because I only fought lv 15-16 pets tho my pet team is not so high yet )

I was getting around 38k per dig you have like 6 digs per site and I ended up clearing most of them under 2-3 mins or so.
    Gues if you have a lv 25 pet it might be more interesting? :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have at least 1 lvl 25 pet that can destroy critters, you can basically sit next to some of the legendary pets in Pandaria and the battle pets around them are numerous and very fast respawns.

As to your 10k xp, Tehgypsy, I honestly can't think of a reason it would have been that low. Your 87k sounds right and if you're constantly fighting 3 pets then you should be getting roughly the same xp. The xp will reduce if you're fighting less pets, so 2 pets would only give around 60k and 1 pet would drop it again to 30k. The solo pet xp is the sole reason not to consider using the permanently spawned legendary pets for leveling your character cause you would only get xp as if you were fighting 1 pet, not the increasingly difficult legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started doing this myself yesterday with my Rogue. I'm leveling all my low pets to 5 in one zone and then moving on. So far, after 1 day, I am another 25% closer to 89 I figure by the time I have 25 level 25 pets, I should be 90 and ready to sell some

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daovan View Post
    If you have at least 1 lvl 25 pet that can destroy critters, you can basically sit next to some of the legendary pets in Pandaria and the battle pets around them are numerous and very fast respawns.

As to your 10k xp, Tehgypsy, I honestly can't think of a reason it would have been that low. Your 87k sounds right and if you're constantly fighting 3 pets then you should be getting roughly the same xp. The xp will reduce if you're fighting less pets, so 2 pets would only give around 60k and 1 pet would drop it again to 30k. The solo pet xp is the sole reason not to consider using the permanently spawned legendary pets for leveling your character cause you would only get xp as if you were fighting 1 pet, not the increasingly difficult legendary.
    Goes by level. My low level pets get 10K-13K xp each time for me and my lvl 17-19 pets get me 50K each time. It is relevant to the pet level.

Quote Originally Posted by ent0mbed View Post
    That's sort of true. All of the "family" battle stones (i.e. critter, humanoid, etc.) are BOP, but the plain Flawless Battle-Stone that can be used on any type of battle pet are not soulbound and can be traded/sold. Looks like they average at about 8000g so they're not within my budget anyway.

Also, for those that are into the idea of leveling a toon via battle pets... keep in mind that with patch 5.3 *all* of the pet battle dailys will now give experience (where only the initial three dailys give experience currently). I'm looking forward to that (of course you have to get your toon to the quest givers, but there are some inventive people out there.

That's true, but you can buy popular battle pets in the AH (or farm the "raid" pets) and level them to 25 (or is level 23 the max that they can be sold/traded?). Sure way to boost the sale price of an already valuable pet.
    I didn't know that you could sell the Flawless Battle Stone, it is a similar price on my server so I'm not sure I'll bother with it. I had missed that about daily pet battle quests giving experience, great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Just started doing this myself yesterday with my Rogue. I'm leveling all my low pets to 5 in one zone and then moving on. So far, after 1 day, I am another 25% closer to 89 I figure by the time I have 25 level 25 pets, I should be 90 and ready to sell some
    Just be aware that you cannot sell pets you've caught through battles which is a shame to be honest I cannot help but feel that they missed a trick by not allowing trade of caught pets or stones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be aware that you cannot sell pets you've caught through battles which is a shame to be honest I cannot help but feel that they missed a trick by not allowing trade of caught pets or stones.
    Yep, already on it. However, things like the Wintergrasp cub, wolpertinger, and harbinger of flame are all able to be caged and sold Also, I think they caught the trick and did not want to make "Battle Pet farmers" for that very reason. Someone botting in a city could easily level every pet to level 5 and then log in another bot in a fast spawn spot and do the same every 5 levels after that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm not sure about the whole of Pandaria but using a monk to teleport to Kun-Lai at level 20-30 fighting level 25 pets yielded the same amount experience as a lower level pet fight in classic zones.

The stones are all BOP so no buying or selling I'm afraid.
    The Blue ones are most certainly BoE.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Blue ones are most certainly BoE.
    As has been already pointed out in this thread the flawless stones are not BOP the rest flying, critter, etc which are blue are all BOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Yep, already on it. However, things like the Wintergrasp cub, wolpertinger, and harbinger of flame are all able to be caged and sold Also, I think they caught the trick and did not want to make "Battle Pet farmers" for that very reason. Someone botting in a city could easily level every pet to level 5 and then log in another bot in a fast spawn spot and do the same every 5 levels after that.
    Bots only work if there is a demand for what they can do, if people are going to use bots to level and sell pets clearly there are people that would buy them.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-05-08 at 04:48 PM.

I think the point is, if you're a pet collector, and you plan on levelling 75 different lvl 25 pets (since there is an achievement for doing such a thing, which itself grants another pet), then it's much more "efficient" to level all these pets on a non-max-lvl alt. Reason: You're getting XP for the pets, which you would be trying to get anyway, and as a bonus you're also levelling up another character.

Of course it won't be the fastest way to level a character, but overall you save yourself a huge chunk of time by killing two birds with one stone, rather than doing both tasks seperately

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    I think the point is, if you're a pet collector, and you plan on levelling 75 different lvl 25 pets (since there is an achievement for doing such a thing, which itself grants another pet), then it's much more "efficient" to level all these pets on a non-max-lvl alt. Reason: You're getting XP for the pets, which you would be trying to get anyway, and as a bonus you're also levelling up another character.

Of course it won't be the fastest way to level a character, but overall you save yourself a huge chunk of time by killing two birds with one stone, rather than doing both tasks seperately
    Alternatively, if you do it on a max level alt, you can also earn lesser charms from each win (on level, not overkill) and rack those up for rolling on loot But I agree that the XP is important to undercapped alts.