Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    This leads to a very interesting question: Who's worse, EA or George Lucas?
    EA. At least George earned the right to fuck it up, because he came up with the IP in the first place.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    EA, at least George Lucas is content just shitting up his own franchises.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Is anyone else afraid?
    No. EA alone doesn't produce bad games otherwise Mass Effect and Dragon Age wouldn't exist. Micro-transactions are not inherently bad either. Its not like EA is any worse then any other major game company getting the rights. Lucas Arts never had that many recent hits, Activision has Kotick ruins everything, EA has EA ruins everything, and there really are not that many independent studios that could get the rights for something as big as Star Wars.

Though I would have loved Activision to get it so they can create a star wars version of the spyro games. Though I'm sure EA could come out with a similar product
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have my fingers crossed for this. DICE (Battlefield 3) and Visceral games (Dead space) (plus Bioware) are the studios that are gonna be working on the licenses. I can see DICE doing a Battlefront 3 possibly, and we can only hope that doesnt turn into a cut and paste FPS for COD fans with one being released every 18 months

As for Visceral Games, they do third person things, so maybe they were handed Star Wars 1066 (I think that was the title, where the bounty hunter descents into couruscant) to work on. I dont see a star wars horror game coming along, it isnt good mythos for horror. Nothing is too scary when you have a lightsaber or a blaster rifle.

Deleted
    There have been a lot of bad Star Wars games. No big.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    EA. At least George earned the right to fuck it up, because he came up with the IP in the first place.
    I'd say the answer to that question will be a third option, Disney. Just because EA has exclusive rights to develop video games doesn't mean Disney won't force them to take "lore" in certain directions. Much the same way Lucas and Lucas Arts had a major role in lore and story of everything else Star Wars. Many of the EU books had to be approved by Lucas Arts or re-written until it went a direction they liked.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    ok, ok we get it, everyone hates EA...
    IMO:
    DICE, viceral and bioware??
    oh c'mon, stop whining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    IMO:
    oh c'mon, stop whining.
    I'm not fond of either of em quite honestly.

If they're going for multiple star wars title, if anything it'd be divided up between the devs fitting to whichever. Battlefront would probably end up being DICE, any rpg related type would probably end up going to Bioware, and Visceral gets nothing cause my brain can't think.
    or they may as well make a 'new' studio comprised of existing members of whatever dev they decided to swap around.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old republic isnt that bad a game to be honest it offers some things current " popular" mmos dont ie companions and decent storylines, shore it has bad sides including the cartel market but show me another mmo which doesnt have some blatant cash grab like tshirts with guild tabbards on them.... urgh

It was stated before that Bioware has no intention to make Kotor 3 that The old republic is doing the storylines they had to tell unless thats changed now that the doctors are gone

As for EA having the license for the next few years I dont really expect much bar a few movie cash in games a new battlefront would be nice, but id rather would of seen what Obsidium would of done with their project they mentioned in a few interviews after seeing some of the removed content of kotor 2 on youtube
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    IMO:
    oh c'mon, stop whining.
    Bioware is THE developer for RPG. credentials? Baldur's Gate, neverwinter nights, KOTOR, dragon's age, Mass Effect. Only dev with such impressive record track in RPG are square-enix and bethesda. square are more J-RPG and bethesda focus on open world more than story.

DICE is mostly known the battlefield series, as well as mirror's edge, some need for speed and medal of honor. One thing for sure, they have shown their mastery of the frostbyte engine. BF3 is technically superb.

Visceral is mostly known for Dead Space series. Now i only played the first one, it seems a bit clunky and rigid but the game was fun and story decent. I heard the following dead space are more dynamic and less horror. It's a design choice, but i believe they have a good technical expertise to make a Scy Fy TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    I dont see a star wars horror game coming along, it isnt good mythos for horror. Nothing is too scary when you have a lightsaber or a blaster rifle.
    Remember reading the book, Death Trooper, and didn't find it so bad. A Star Wars horror game would be unorthodox but not impossible to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    EA

George Lucas is not even close to EA. People won't admit it but Lucas isn't as bad as people make him out to be. Our *enemies* aren't always as bad as they seem to be. Unless you're a terrorist.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    EA? Well then, I guess I'm not buying any future Star Wars games.
    yeah, pretty much, I would love to play Battlefront 3, but they will bastardize it with Origin similar to how they did it with Battlefield 3, which is rather funny since the Star Wars games were a complete ripoff of that particular franchise.

IF (and this is not going to happen) Battlefront 3 does not require Origin, i might consider playing it, but that's a pipe dream.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

You know, the only reason I played SWTOR for a time is because Bioware made it, but honestly I don't really like the Star Wars universe. Its cheesy. In the star wars universe, things that get futher away from laser swords and magic are better. The TIE Fighter games and X-Wing games were kind of neat, but most of the stuff is cheesy space fantasy and there's tons of much better space fantasy out there. Star Trek, Mass Effect, Space: Above and Beyond...
    Last edited by Rukh; 2013-05-07 at 07:17 AM.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Not a big deal. That franchise got abused so often it probably got used to it by now. In the worst case they create another fail star wars title and in the best case they create a decent game which they will destroy with Microtransactions, DRM, forced Coop, Origin and all the other stuff we love EA for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    This is appropriate - http://imgur.com/a/Ljyoe

Everyone hates EA, but they love so many of their subsidiaries
    That's because EA ruined everything it touched. Of course everyone loses their minds.

Deleted
    I'd also be willing to bet on a KOTOR 3, since BIOWARE was also mentioned.
    Ugh... no thanks. KOTOR I was a decently written game, but Obsidian's KOTOR II was superior in almost every single way. I'd much rather see Obsidian do a KOTOR III than BioWare. Maybe this time they won't be expected to make the game in just over a year.

Deleted
    Another Old Republic? No thanks.

Not going to purchase a game until enough time passed away with not fanboy or Hater reports like in SwTor. And if it is a game like swtor again i would never buy it.

Please make KoTor 3 then...and no shitty DLC, just a straight up RPG like the first 2 (Except that it would be nice if they could finish the game, and not rely on modders... i look at you KoTor 2, which only got really good with Restored Content mod).

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    Ugh... no thanks. KOTOR I was a decently written game, but Obsidian's KOTOR II was superior in almost every single way. I'd much rather see Obsidian do a KOTOR III than BioWare. Maybe this time they won't be expected to make the game in just over a year.
    The games are very simillar... and it was KOTOR 2 that was rushed. The last third of the game was not done at all, and it was full of plot holes. Game was rushed to be released at christmas.
    Last edited by Zogarth; 2013-05-07 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    There seems to be an odd trend of a lot the very best games of all time usually being rushed and the developers not having time to over think things or patch bugs in some cases that end up making the game.