Deleted

Battletron as Survival, how?

Hey guys.

Hit a serious wall on Battletron on my survival hunter this evening. Ilvl 508, doing roughly 90-95k on the fight, but his beams just kill me off.
    Tried speccing Exhilaration and Spirit Bond, both with a healing potion, neither work.

Haven't been able to find any proof online that a survival hunter have had the skill or luck to do this.

Am I forced to spec BM or is it possible somehow as Survival?

Get a lock Healthstone, Kill TWO mines, deterrencing them. Spec CTHC, soak as many beams as you can with deterrence. Glyph Animal Bond as well. 20% increased incoming healing. Blow him up once the two mines are gone. GG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    Get a lock Healthstone, Kill TWO mines, deterrencing them. Spec CTHC, soak as many beams as you can with deterrence. Glyph Animal Bond as well. 20% increased incoming healing. Blow him up once the two mines are gone. GG.
    Tried all this man, I'm just getting toasted anyway.

Well, that's how I got him in 496 gear...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtusk View Post
    Hey guys.

Hit a serious wall on Battletron on my survival hunter this evening. Ilvl 508, doing roughly 90-95k on the fight, but his beams just kill me off.
    Tried speccing Exhilaration and Spirit Bond, both with a healing potion, neither work.

Haven't been able to find any proof online that a survival hunter have had the skill or luck to do this.

Am I forced to spec BM or is it possible somehow as Survival?
    Spirit Bond is your best bet on this fight. Glyph of liberation and timing your disengage with the gap can be helpful but you'll probably only get 3 or 4 off. Use lock cookies and the Master Healing Potion as it will give you 2x the health that the brawlers one will. You can avoid a few of the lazers by using Feign Death and Deterrence once its back up or refreshed from readiness.

Basically what people above have said: use spirit bond, take all the healing bonus glyphs, and make sure you deterrence the mine blasts at the start (you should never detonate more after the first wave since you're staying in the gap the rest of the way). In 508 gear that should let you survive for long enough to finish him if you have decent raid buffs (remember, spirit bond scales with your maximum HP). If you aren't quite making it 1 other healing effect should be enough (healing potion, healthstone, draenei racial if you have it). If even that isn't cutting it you should be looking at ways to improve your DPS instead.

If it's an option, I definitely recommend going beast mastery and using a spirit beast, the HOT they give is quite significant and there's really no downside for this fight. If you aren't used to it, a macro with /cast [@player] Spirit Mend is all you really need if you can keep track of its cooldown.

There are also a bunch of general tips for brawls you should use if you aren't already, specifically with regard to stable management. 5 seconds before you are ported into the arena you should have a serpent pet active. Give yourself the attack speed buff as you dismiss it and summon a second pet (you MUST have this pet buff, no raid buff will work to give you attack speed). If you have all the relevant raid buffs this second pet should be one that applies a debuff to the target (probably magic vulnerability for you, so a wind serpent or dragonhawk). If you're missing crit or mastery this second pet should give you that before being dismissed for the debuff pet right as the fight starts (make sure you are inside the arena before using the crit or mastery buffs). Have a tallstrider and ravager also for when you use stampede. This kind of thing can get tedious but if you haven't been doing it already you will definitely want to for the later bosses anyway so you may as well get used to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Give yourself the attack speed buff as you dismiss it and summon a second pet (you MUST have this pet buff, no raid buff will work to give you attack speed)
    Are you saying this because you forgot about Unleashed Rage, Swiftblade's Cunning, and Unholy Aura, or does the arena clear auras like that but not timed buffs?

The arena blocks all those aura buffs. It also clears timed buffs with a duration less than (I think) 2 minutes, preventing you from starting the fight with 30 seconds of heroism, for example. Apart from being able to get blessing of might from a paladin and arcane intellect from a mage, the reason you START with a serpent is their attack speed buff lasts long enough that it doesn't get wiped off when you get teleported. Using that buff just before you go in is the only way you have enough time to do the triple swap and get attack speed, crit or mastery, and then a 3rd buff/debuff before the fight starts.

Also worth noting, especially now with the 3 second Dismiss Pet cast time, you want to start casting Dismiss Pet as soon as possible and THEN use serpent's swiftness/roar of courage/whatever during the 3 second cast.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2013-05-14 at 06:12 PM.