Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    There are only a few reasons why people make stupid mistakes:

A) Getting power.

B) Getting laid.

C) Protecting your people.

He was arrogant, he though the child would be safer with him than anywhere else. But saying he deserved to lose him is way too much.

Nobody is perfect, and bad choices changing one's life forever is the main key for dramatic characters.
    I didn't even say he deserved it I was just saying he's a retard... not even retards deserve to lose a child...

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I didn't even say he deserved it I was just saying he's a retard... not even retards deserve to lose a child...
    That wasn't specifically for you, your post was just the closest one about how stupid his actions were. I was just saying that it's not lazy writing or forced drama, because bad choices are a common way to create regretful, issued characters. They often happen in real life, too.

Have to admit that quest almost made my black heart made of coal almost shed a tear

almost

Also which kid died was it kor or was it the one named after me cause if it was the one named after me then im gonna bawl
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-05-08 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Have to admit that quest almost made my black heart made of coal almost shed a tear

almost

Also which kid died was it kor or was it the one named after me cause if it was the one named after me then im gonna bawl
    The one named after us apparantly. /RAGE my name child lives on in head cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

almost

it was most likely the one named after us, because assuming dezco's kids ever return to importance in the future, it would be rather awkward to have an NPC whose name is variable and always equal to the player's name lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it was most likely the one named after us, because assuming dezco's kids ever return to importance in the future, it would be rather awkward to have an NPC whose name is variable and always equal to the player's name lol
    And that's damn shame, i really hoped for bright future for DETHARTHAZZDK jr. His name would be feared across all continents and all races.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? I hate Blizzard Sometimes !!! Why did they killed that poor child. Poor Poor Cloudhoof. I cried Tons of Tears ... Good Title for this thread OP.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

And some people will still claim that MoP is all bright and sunshine instead of "good" dark WarCraft.

And yet... despite having dealt this blow to the Sunwalker, and even hinting that Dezco might have accidentally crushed Cloudhoof himself (o-u-c-h), the ending of the story buttons things up far too easily, too comfortably. It feels as though the existence of his two sons, and the death of one, is cheapened by the fact that they no longer contribute to their father's story -- and that Dezco seems perfectly fine with turning his remaining boy over to a secretive order, giving up all chance of actively rearing and teaching his son in the years to come.

I'm sorry, but they pulled out the baby-killing gun and even floated the idea that his own father was to blame... that by all rights should have destroyed Dezco. "Anguish" doesn't even begin to describe, especially when you consider that he also recently lost his wife, in childbirth. But no, Dez seems strangely placid at the end of the story, as if things were meant to go that way. Wow. It severely cheapens Leza's passing and the existence of his boys, with him being "fairly OK" with losing one to a horrible death and the other to what almost amounts to a cult (albeit a fairly cheery one).

I have the suspicion that the author of this story is not a father himself. If he is, he certainly didn't put himself in Dezco's shoes and imagine how he'd react to losing one child, and surrendering another... on the heels of losing his wife/their mother, in fact.

---------- Post added 2013-05-10 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And some people will still claim that MoP is all bright and sunshine instead of "good" dark WarCraft.
    Going all grimdark is fine if you use it, and show that an event like this will indelibly change a character. But at the end of this story, Dezco isn't achingly distraught like he should be after losing his entire family (wife, two sons). He seems rather OK. He even goes on to hand out some dull-as-dishwater Saurok-y quests in 5.2, for whatever reason, and datamining shows him relatively mellow in 5.3 as well. We don't even get a Mogu-smashing revenge-mission out of the guy, despite the role Mogu played in his sons' death and near-death.

I say again, wow.

Not everybody reacts to loss in the same way. Some people avoid all showing of it. Maybe he really believes that it was fated to happen this way.

He's not "fairly okay", though. He's definitely in a poor state right now, he just doesn't show it.

As for not getting a mogu smashing revenge mission... maybe he's simply not the kind of person to do such things? It's not like it would serve any purpose. For him it might have been a great loss, but for the Mogu, it was just tortureday.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not everybody reacts to loss in the same way. Some people avoid all showing of it. Maybe he really believes that it was fated to happen this way.

He's not "fairly okay", though. He's definitely in a poor state right now, he just doesn't show it.

As for not getting a mogu smashing revenge mission... maybe he's simply not the kind of person to do such things? It's not like it would serve any purpose. For him it might have been a great loss, but for the Mogu, it was just tortureday.
    And right there Dezco's stock as potential warchief doubled.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I'm not understanding something here. Why would a tauren have to give up his kid to the pandaran?
    The don't call the Epicurean for nothing.

"I want my Baby-back-baby-back-baby-back-baby-back-baby-back-baby-back-baby-back-baby-back-baby-back-baby-back....."

New armour class: Babies.

Deleted
    I thought childred in WoW were immune to all harm.

It's really hard for me to take Dezco and his story seriously after the eye-rollingly awful quest text. I mean, I play on an RP server and I've seen his exact scenario play out many many times, what with the giving birth to twins and the mother dying and the all-caps emotes ("HNNNNNGH!") I think the Horde story in general since Wrath has suffered greatly from internal consistency problems, which is a main reason it doesn't connect with me.

Oh the Tauren want peace and so they um... joined the Horde? Okay well I'm sure that's working out well. They try to save the child at the shrine of Chi-Ji which... oh, the Horde invaded? No wonder he didn't save the kid. The Tauren don't belong in the Horde, certainly the Horde as it exists now. Pandaren make even less sense.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE Mbison you clever fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post

New armour class: Babies.
    Bwa ha ha.