Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

More Incentive for LFR tanks.

I don't know if this just my battlegroup or if it's all across WoW but lately even as a healer my LFR queues have been terrible.

It does not matter if it is Early morning, Peak hours of the day or late at night, There are just NO tanks anymore. I can't post on the official forums (lol trolling the official forums) but I have seen this issue spoken about and Blizzard is doing NOTHING to fix it.

I understand there are quite a few reasons nobody wants to tank LFR anymore..

- Backseat Tanks
    - Impatient people who pull for you
    - You screw up and you are called a Retarded mouth-breathing fuck-nob.
    - No one thanks you for anything they just bitch at you
    - The off-tank is usually dumb and never listens to you when you explain the fight to them in either Raid chat or Whispers.

But should there be more incentive? It's starting to get to a point where I just don't want to queue on anything else but my blood DK and get bitched at, Because at least I will have a queue pop in less than an hour.

Of course, I've always been one that has said LFR should disable all talking. Say,Whispers,Raid,Yell...all of it gone. It would be a much less ulcer inducing experience. But should tanks get an extra loot bag? Or perhaps more gold/VP?

I don't want this trend of "We have everything but 2 tanks 45 minutes into this queue" to be a common place thing anymore.

The dungeon bag would be good.

What I want to know is when did it go from being full on tanks and DPS waiting ages for healers to being chronically short on tanks? Is it really so hard to find 2 tanks for every 25 players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    - Backseat Tanks
    - The off-tank is usually dumb and never listens to you when you explain the fight to them in either Raid chat or Whispers.
    Last time I tanked LFR, all of these but 1 happened to me. Someone did stick up for the job I was doing. Apparently he was the only one who realized it was the off-tank not moving Lei Shen to the pillars and tanking in the charged quarter.

I think there should be more incentive, but I don't know what. All I know is that at this point I'm considering only queuing as dps but dpsing in tank spec (until 5.3, of course).

Maybe an LFR version of the bonus perk bag -- chance at pets/mounts/flasks/(feasts?)/the shared loot drops.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

The problem is the community.
    Giving bribes is not going to work, and should not be even considered.
    Healers would complain about lack of such bribes, and then so would the dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    The dungeon bag would be good.

What I want to know is when did it go from being full on tanks and DPS waiting ages for healers to being chronically short on tanks? Is it really so hard to find 2 tanks for every 25 players?
    For the reasons he stated above, I totally see it. I play almost exclusively tank roles (I tank my guild 10 mans, I tank dungeons, even scenarios and dailies I just stay in tank mode) but for LFR I will sit in a 40 minute queue instead of risk getting trigger-kicked after the first wipe.

There is no tolerance for bad tanks, because bad tanks are so abundant.
    >>>
    Bad tanks are so abundant because good ones refuse to be bullied.
    >>>
    Good tanks stop queueing, leaving DPS and healers to wait in 30+ minute queues.
    >>>
    DPS and Healers adopt a zero tolerance policy for bad tanking, after sitting in 30 minute queues.

Vicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The problem is the community.
    Giving bribes is not going to work, and should not be even considered.
    Healers would complain about lack of such bribes, and then so would the dps.
    Same argument was made back in WotLK about the heroic satchels.

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally like to tank, I do well enough that I don't get complaints... but it is a thankless job.

Nothing you can really do about jerks, and added incentive just attracts more idiots to the role for free stuff. As a tank, that doesn't affect me really, but I don't think that's really what is needed. Now, something that I would like, and that I think would really help is if they finally did away with the "pure dps" classes. I tank on my Dk, and my druid occasionally. However, for PvP I like my warlock. since I don't particularly care for pve, my Lock is more or less my main. If Blizz let me tank on my lock I would be doing that a lot more; we were so close with the MoP beta Dark apotheosis. I mean, if they gave locks or rogues a tank tree, who would really complain? Nobody is forcing anyone to play a role they don't like, so whats there to be upset about getting options for?

Like others have said, its definitely a community issue above all, incentive isn't going to fix that. like they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself - that's why I think they just need to give everyone the option to 'do the job right' so to speak.

its true. waiting 10-15 mins for a tank on my battlegroup.. 1 fail tank.. 2 fail tanks.. 3 fail tanks... took 3 hours to kill lei shi.. 2 of it was spent waiting for tanks in LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post

- Backseat Tanks

To problem #1 my response is usually "I know how to do this, no need to add the tank explanation. Thanks."
    #2 "Shut the FUCK up the TANKS are hashing it out. If you want to pull, see how long you last."
    #3 "This is why you people have hour long queue times. Bitches." Then leave.
    #4 I honestly don't tank just to be appreciated. Tanking is and has ALWAYS been a thankless job.
    #5 I just single tank and tell the tank to taunt. If he doesn't, I immediately say something in RAID chat where everyone can see it."

To be perfectly honest, I really despise the community due to how terribly they treat tanks. We consistently take your shit and you continue to take a dump all over us. How long did players think that would last before we said "fuck it"?

Deleted
    Make all of the encounters 1 tankable and voila.
    Well they pretty much already are anyways.

Also lately I've had to wait way more on healers than tanks. FR Realm that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    To problem #1 my response is usually "I know how to do this, no need to add the tank explanation. Thanks."
    #2 "Shut the FUCK up the TANKS are hashing it out. If you want to pull, see how long you last."
    #3 "This is why you people have hour long queue times. Bitches." Then leave.
    #4 I honestly don't tank just to be appreciated. Tanking is and has ALWAYS been a thankless job.
    #5 I just single tank and tell the tank to taunt. If he doesn't, I immediately say something in RAID chat where everyone can see it."

To be perfectly honest, I really despise the community due to how terribly they treat tanks. We consistently take your shit and you continue to take a dump all over us. How long did players think that would last before we said "fuck it"?
    Then, of course, there are tanks that epitomize how the dps and healers view tanks as braggart, cocky, arrogant assholes and completely validate the other field of view on the matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    For the reasons he stated above, I totally see it. I play almost exclusively tank roles (I tank my guild 10 mans, I tank dungeons, even scenarios and dailies I just stay in tank mode) but for LFR I will sit in a 40 minute queue instead of risk getting trigger-kicked after the first wipe.

>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    DPS and Healers adopt a zero tolerance policy for bad tanking, after sitting in 30 minute queues.

Vicious.
    Oh and when you're a tank learning roles/fights(we ALL know we can;t learn while leveling or heroics anymore) or say someone pulls and yeah...

Hell i admit i screwed up today in LFR(ILVL 487) and i had another BrM in there in OS he gave me some tips (suggestd i go master) and we went on our way.... BUT ALOT of people bithc and moan at even basic mistakes..Worst was a Lei Shen fight where i said it was my first time got the like 2 sec rundown and yeah....3rd try(i admit i died first second time due to Flying dragon Kick off the platform bad keybind....) but yeah..I was one of the ones who alsted longest and did his job best when we downed him.

There is basically NO patience for learning NO patience for tanks NO patience really for ANYTHING to promote better play..Hell i am FULLY open to learning and being taught the fights, better routes for my roles and so on....But people just want readymade tanks readymade groups with NO one learning or gearing...

Hmmmm maybe a LoL style council system but instead of punishment players can be sort of upvoted if wanted for being helpful..Make it so ONLY those found via LFR(as in no one you group with) can vote for you...

Also LFR SHOULD TOTALLY have an achivement called "The Saintly" and maybe a pet that's like a haunted wall or desk... Called face....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    its true. waiting 10-15 mins for a tank on my battlegroup.. 1 fail tank.. 2 fail tanks.. 3 fail tanks... took 3 hours to kill lei shi.. 2 of it was spent waiting for tanks in LFR.
    I have worse....3-4 hours in HoR back in wrath....Was a fucking nightmare....

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Funny. I've experienced that kind of crap as a healer quite a lot.

Guess you super special tanks aren't the only ones that get mistreated.

Then again I keep coming back for more. Must be my masochism seeping into my gaming.

But yeah, please don't talk as if you super special tanks are the sole role that gets persecuted all the time and gets crucified and dies for everyone's sins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it'll change once you can pick a different spec for gear drops. The only reason I am in LFR is to cap valor so I might as well try to build up my Fury Set. There's nothing there I need for Protection. I imagine that's the case across the board for main spec tanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    But yeah, please don't talk as if you super special tanks are the sole role that gets persecuted all the time and gets crucified and dies for everyone's sins.
    Shit, I worship the ground my healers walk on. Its easy to sit in front of the mob and take a beating. Keeping me up, as well as any other "special" dps that stand in fires... That takes work. My healers like me because i'm a very patient/mellow tank, I will go through hell and wipes, but as long as you are trying to learn and improve each time I will stick through it. The moment someone bashed my healer though I am set off. Before I started tanking I was a healer, I know what its like and I have so much respect for people that do it.

Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post

>>>
    >>>
    >>>

Vicious.
    Eh, I don't really buy this argument that people being jerks to the tank is the reason tanks are rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pretty much agree with what someone stated already; it's the community. Veteran players who knew what they're doing are being quickly replaced by newcomers. Although I hate doing LFR, because of the things the OP listed, gear is gear. That's why I make an effort to always research the fight mechanics before queuing up as a tank. I always communicate with the other tank, clarifying that we're both on the same level of understanding and what. I guess I've been just extremely lucky to have tanks who not only know what they're doing but are also patient and understanding that it's my first time tanking the place (but I always make it a point that I researched the mechanics). But otherwise, the tank queues have gotten longer for some reason. Prolly has to do with what part of Throne of Thunder a majority of the people have already done (1st wing usually done early in the week and so forth from there).

I play primarily Tanks, even though I level'd most of the classes to 85 last X-Pac, my only 90's are tanks. The problem I have is the lack of courage to do the damn things even though they are ridiculously easy. Not to mention it's hard for me to find readily available guides to fights, at least ones that aren't 3 pages long. It takes me more or less a week after hitting 90 to gather up the courage to hit up MSV on LFR.

Last week my co tank and I got called every name you can imagine for the entire Tslong encounter. Being a brewmaster its hard to type in a good situation and I was trying to not die for a second time so i had to deal with it until the fight was over. I then pointed out that two priests along with the two brewmastesr had done over 70% of the raids healing for that fight. Everyone stopped giving us crap at that point.

This week I watched as a guy tried to get the raid to kick our tank on Lei Shen. These tanks suck he says about a tank that is doing over 160k dps. So a few people including me had to defend him because it was clear he was not a problem.

I have very little drive left to tank for LFR. I just get yelled at over and over for things I am not doing.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 05:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gearsofwow View Post
    I play primarily Tanks, even though I level'd most of the classes to 85 last X-Pac, my only 90's are tanks. The problem I have is the lack of courage to do the damn things even though they are ridiculously easy. Not to mention it's hard for me to find readily available guides to fights, at least ones that aren't 3 pages long. It takes me more or less a week after hitting 90 to gather up the courage to hit up MSV on LFR.
    Almost every guide for LFR is junk. Almost every LFR fight is very simple yet guides make it sound super hard for some reason I have yet to understand. Durumu is a perfect example. Guides for him make it sound way hard and it is a really simple fight.