Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    As always though, some people simply don't derive their fun in this game from having powerful characters, they may derive their fun from RP, throwing random attacks at bosses, or even jumping randomly... Just confuses me how they end up in normal raids though, it's just not the right environment for them these days. :/
    I have a distinct feeling that these kind of people make up the majority of the player base at maximum level. And although it pains me to say it, see the communities response to LFR: everyone on this site seems to be in the top 5 DPS or top healing.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    In response to the OP, fairly sure 2.5k is impossible for even a clueless fire mage to do, since wanding alone will get you maybe double that. Even spamming fireball nonstop on its own should do 15k+ at level 90, regardless of stats.

I do understand the concept however, after seeing a frost mage pull 12k dps in the Brawl arena and dying to enrage on a rank 2 boss, and he was partially epic lfr geared (5.0 lfrs).

I dagger trash in LFR cause I'm a lazy jerk...I easily do ~5-7k.

My roommate was doing low dps (46K as an ilevel 491 ret), I told him the best horde guild on the server's ret would almost always top the charts for the 4 panda world bosses and that dudes #1 was my roommates #4. The next try on Lei Shen, he boosted his dps up to 59K and that ability was up to #2. Casual observations help. My ret is level 31 AH/Bank toon.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    everyone on this site seems to be in the top 5 DPS or top healing.
    On my monk, yep. Usually. On my priest... I'm happy to be on the list (my recount config on screen is top 12). I've worked really hard on my monk. After wiping on Heigan as the last one standing while in resurrected zombie form from a DK at 5K life... I do try my best when I'm on my main.

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure I could do 2.5k dps autoattacking with no gear on. I feel you may have been trolled

Because it was? Less time in game = higher monetary cost per hour in game = her time is worth more than mine.

Which is why you wouldn't fit well in a casual social guild.
    So you find it fun/worth your time when a group repeatedly fails at something because some people are not even close to carrying their weight? Also, just because its a casual social guild doesn't mean that people cant at least try a little bit to be better. I'm not talking about reading spreadsheets or even looking anything up on third party sites, but if someone won't even take some friendly advice from a guildmate on how to improve their character, then they are an asshole. Does it really hurt to take a few min to listen to someone's idea that might vastly improve your performance? All it cost was a few min.

Deleted
    Ret pallies in ToT.

Oh snap. I went there. Hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    So you find it fun/worth your time when a group repeatedly fails at something because some people are not even close to carrying their weight?
    We would stop if we stop finding it fun. So, that situation never occurs.
    Also, just because its a casual social guild doesn't mean that people cant at least try a little bit to be better.
    Making people do something they don't enjoy such that everyone else can enjoy the game more, is anti-social.
    I'm not talking about reading spreadsheets or even looking anything up on third party sites, but if someone won't even take some friendly advice from a guildmate on how to improve their character, then they are an asshole.
    No, they're not, because we actually have an understanding and don't want to flame people because they spend far less time in game than the rest of us. Why so anti-social?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

We would stop if we stop finding it fun. So, that situation never occurs.
    So there is no feelings of malice by people who wanted to complete that task against those that were hindering the group? Basically, "Hey I wanted to achieve that one thing, but X member sucked ass and held back the group, O WELL, la de da."

Making people do something they don't enjoy such that everyone else can enjoy the game more, is anti-social.
    So why is it not anti-social for that one person to be reducing the fun of everyone else?

No, they're not, because we actually have an understanding and don't want to flame people because they spend far less time in game than the rest of us. Why so anti-social?
    I'm not anti-social. I very much enjoy the people I raid with. We have alot of fun and most of the time we tend to get along very well. I'm not asking the "social" person to spend half their time improving... just be willing to listen to friendly advice from a guildie. Is that really too much to expect. Not at least listening to advice is a shitty position in life no matter the activity.
    Last edited by cabyio; 2013-05-09 at 09:27 PM.

It never bothers me what other people do in raids/dungeons etc , i couldnt care less what bad dps they have.
    i tend to aim for personal goals like in lfr...in fact ill admit i go as far as trying to be number 1 on dmg, i like big numbers and i like to be a bit of a dmg whore.
    At the end of the day as long as i did my job and enjoyed doing it thats all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    70k destro lock around 517il
    Sadly I have one of those in my raid group...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not anti-social. I very much enjoy the people I raid with. We have alot of fun and most of the time we tend to get along very well.
    Yeah, but that doesn't stop you being anti-social towards someone who doesn't want to take your advice.
    Is that really too much to expect?
    Yes! They want to play their character however they want, and they don't want you effectively playing their character for them.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

The massive flood of players switching to Warlock has revealed some very lol-worthy players.

Human Female Warlock is the new Male Night Elf Death Knight.

everyone on this site seems to be in the top 5 DPS or top healing.
    I always aim for top 2 spots, maybe stretch it too top 3 but yea...i am.
    I screenshot recount everytime...in fact when i think about it i prob have a bit of a over fetish with this dmg whoreing thing.

---------- Post added 2013-05-09 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    The massive flood of players switching to Warlock has revealed some very lol-worthy players.

Human Female Warlock is the new Male Night Elf Death Knight.
    Ye ive noticed this too, people playing alt locks for green fire quest or whatever and i understand why, its just the best...but isle of thunder should be renamed to 'isle of warlocks'
    Last edited by BatteredSausage; 2013-05-09 at 09:38 PM.

Yeah, but that doesn't stop you being anti-social towards someone who doesn't want to take your advice.
    I didn't say they had to do what I said, but in your example the mage didn't even want to hear any advice in how to improve.

Yes! They want to play their character however they want, and they don't want you effectively playing their character for them.
    Okay. But you didn't answer my question. Why is it anti social to want one or two people to improve so others can enjoy more, but not anti-social for the one or two low performers to "play they way they want" and in turn reduce everyone else's fun.

I think for things to work at their best there has to be some give and take from both sides. I would expect the low performer to at least do the super simple things to improve, i.e. small changes to rotation, small reforge changes, etc. And they should expect me not to want them to super min/max like I do. Its called compromise. We all come to the center. That is a required element when you play games with other people.

Someone did bad in a heroic dungeon? who cares he was probably AFK.

I may be alone here, but when I level ANOTHER alt nowadays I rarely bother even looking how to play/gear properly etc until I'm max level or even then sometimes if I've geared up enough to really want to try and DPS properly. Half the time unless there's a talent that looks really cool I don't even both even selecting talents unless it's to get rid of the continued reminders. At least we learn new skills automatically now though so I'm not just playing with 1 button. (though levelling my Feral druid I think I only used 2 buttons the whole time)

Most heroics take NO time or effort, even if you're carrying one or two people, and the number of heroics I do on my Rogue and geared alts doing like 3/4 of the groups damage more than makes up for me letting people carry me sometimes. While people are still levelling and aren't even geared out of greens yet, who cares.

Whats a BILLION times worse is when you then get a selfrighteous tank that goes all like "PLS Leave, your DPS is low so your slowing group. DPS LEAVE NOW OR I'M NOT MOVING!" for 20 minutes or so and actually holds up the entire group.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-05-09 at 09:57 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    iv seen people do around 7k in heroics

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it anti social to want one or two people to improve so others can enjoy more, but not anti-social for the one or two low performers to "play they way they want" and in turn reduce everyone else's fun.
    Because reducing someone else's fun just so you can have your is anti-social.

It's like changing the music at someone else's party just because you don't like it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

10+ Year Old Account

It's like changing the music at someone else's party just because you don't like it.
    Your analogy is actually supporting his position in a sense.

He's saying that your mage picked a song that none of the other 9 people in the party liked, and rather than either listening to the other 9 player's music or finding a song that all 10 players like, she's still sticking to that song.

But I don't think this situation is as black and white as that.

When your guild goes in to raid whatever you raid, is the goal to kill bosses, or to just experience raid content? (Some of the best raid nights of my life have been casual alt wipefests)

If your primary goal was to actually kill bosses, then your mage's attitude IS selfish, she's the one forcing everyone else to listen to music they hate.

If your primary goal was to just have a blast... then all good, though your mage was still a little apprehensive and even possibly a little condescending.

^^Radio gets it.

That mage is reducing other people's fun if she is in a group with them and doing horrible dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had a DK doing 10k DPS in 5-man today. He was frost and using Icy Touch /facedesk
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-