Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Potential Guild Transfer - 1 person unhappy what do I do?

Hey all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I am guild leader of a group of RL friends guild. We are currently on Moonglade where there is just nothing going on. Trade chat is always dead and the AH is pitiful. I have been looking into a transfer to either Twisting Nether or Draenor. Everyone is the guild is fine with moving apart from 1 person. Mainly it's a financial issue with them. They not long ago transferred over a high level char to be on the same server (this was before we were thinking about moving). I didn't ask them to move their character over, but now they are a bit miffed that they paid for this and now they might have to pay again to keep with us.

Should I be feeling bad about this? I have several max level chars and I won't be transferring them all at the same time. I'll maybe just do one a month to spread the cost and I did suggest this and they said "ok", but I get the impression they aren't really ok with it. Like I said everyone else is fine, if not excited about the idea of going somewhere much more active.
    Last edited by Eresin; 2013-05-07 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling

Deleted
    Maybe you can make a guild effort to fund his transfer. if you are all RL friends, I think it wouldn't be a big problem for all of you to make a small donation. if you got 10 other players (accounts), the transfer is 2 EUR each. that's the price of a soda.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 (Mebe 2) Options in my opinion:
    1: Pay for his Transfer, as stated above, if you all chip in no one would notice the cost.
    2: Leave him there until he can afford to (If so, redirect to 3 )
    3: Tell him to make a new toon on the new server, doesn't take long to level, and I am sure you can boost him up to 90 fairly quickly, and gear him at 90 if needs be.

Deleted
    kickstarter.com?

If it's a bunch of RL friends and the dude is struggling with money, why don't you guys just chip in for his transfer? It won't be a lot, and you'll get to help out a friend of yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    as posted above, either assist him with funding or boost him to 90.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

I can understand why he's upset, I wouldn't be pleased either. He transferred recently to play with you guys and now you leave. Not nice. Pay for his transfer, simple.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    excellent, i'll do that then, thanks guys!