Thread: 80-90 Frost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    It's EASY to pull more than 4-5 enemies in most zones(not all, but many), and if you do it as Frost while you're leveling, Dark Succor or not, you're in trouble. I'm not forgetting, as you put it, I'm speaking from EXPERIENCE with actually getting in trouble as frost. I know, because I have done it, multiple times(as have several other players I know). And Unholy is even worse, as it lacks the burst frost has. Sure you can scout around looking for small groups of enemies to burst down as Frost, but blood, you don't have to. It doesn't matter how packed the mobs are, if there are patrols, if there are elites that might get pulled into the fight, none of it matters you can charge right in and not worry about it. Death Pact and Lichborne are on a 2 min CD each and if you have to use Lichborne heals/Death Siphon/kiting mobs around...you're damage is dropping resulting in doing less damage than blood is anyways. You may not die, but you WILL spend time eating/bandaging/waiting for health to regen, none of which you will ever do as blood.
    I have no idea how you were leveling because i spent way more time as blood 'scouting' the area to see if there were even enough mobs to make it worthwhile to pull there, then I usually had to spend at least 10 seconds running and grabbing them all. As frost you can easily just run in and kill the mobs. No idea what you're talking about with random pats or elites being pulled in either, both are never an issue.
    my QOL was massively improved when I switched from blood to frost + dark succor. Didn't have to spend forever gathering up mobs or taking forever if I only had to kill one. never spent any time eating/bandaging/waiting for health regen.

10+ Year Old Account
    We also have the same case of this

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I have no idea how you were leveling because i spent way more time as blood 'scouting' the area to see if there were even enough mobs to make it worthwhile to pull there, then I usually had to spend at least 10 seconds running and grabbing them all. As frost you can easily just run in and kill the mobs. No idea what you're talking about with random pats or elites being pulled in either, both are never an issue.
    my QOL was massively improved when I switched from blood to frost + dark succor. Didn't have to spend forever gathering up mobs or taking forever if I only had to kill one. never spent any time eating/bandaging/waiting for health regen.
    There's only a couple of areas in all of MoP where it takes time to round up large groups of mobs...where were you questing at? And blood kills single mobs only a little slower than frost does...but there's almost NO areas I have found going through on either toon where you are likely to only have small groups nearby. I started as blood, switched to frost, then switched back to blood because it was much quicker and more efficient as blood(in dps gear of course). I had a brief go at unholy but found it basically worthless, not nearly as fast as blood OR frost so I did away with it pretty quick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I had a brief go at unholy but found it basically worthless, not nearly as fast as blood OR frost so I did away with it pretty quick
    I don't know if this explains itself or completely makes the comment not worth being noted. If you have brief go at something you probably didn't see it's full potential. I can't tell you what to do, but I wouldn't state something worthless having it barely been tried.
    Last edited by mmoc8d0614f38b; 2013-05-10 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Making the point more clear