Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

ToES is the best raid ever put in the game.

Fun bosses with the exception of Leishi, visually beautiful, very little trash so most of the time is spent doing what I come to raids to do: Kill bosses. Only people who say it's too easy have obviously never done it on heroic. I wish it was a boss or two longer, but other than it's shortness, it really is an amazing raid.

Most people don't share my opinion, but oh well.

I like it as a raid, wouldn't personally say its the best ever (not even the best this expansion) but it is a good raid. I liked T14 as a whole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Genooo View Post
    Fun bosses with the exception of Leishi
    That means 25% of the whole raid sucks.

visually beautiful
    It looks just like Vale of Eternal Blossoms... Beautiful yes, but seen it before, so it's kinda meh.

Most people don't share my opinion, but oh well.
    The raid has 4 bosses and 1 of them sucks.
    I think you see why most people don't like it, don't you?

10+ Year Old Account
    O.o Haveing little to no trash doesn't make an amazing Raid, but thats my opinion lol. I agree that it is a beutiful Raid though, and I liked Tsulong and Sha.

Yeah I agree with you here. I can't stand doing HoF but I'll do a toes whenever. I love the 'healer' fights, like dreamwalker, tsulong. So that might be something to do with it!

As a wrap up to the Sha of Fear storyline, it was nicely done. Corrupted guardians to fight, showing that fear really is the greatest enemy and can corrupt anyone. While some people will complain it was short, it was implemented well with MSV and HoF, unlike ToTC back in Wrath. I wouldn't say best raid ever, but top 5 easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    ToES was a great raid instance, but saying ToES is the best? not a chance!

ulduar? naxx? sunwell? cmon...
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it too, but its not what exactly raid should look like in my opinion. I need some layers - the more stairs and elevators and long falls etc. the better. Trash is good too, if it's not overused. Then the story, I need to have some kind of background in order to enjoy the raid, Ulduar was great example of that. This expansion has some great raids too though, if I had one wish, I'd wish for a raid with seriously dark history, very little information about it, with heavy atmosphere, maybe few riddles inside and an epic boss in the end, that no one would have heard of before but who has been somehow involved in the Azeroth for a very long time - I'd fucking love this raid!
    Last edited by Crysis; 2013-05-07 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinit1686 View Post
    Yeah I agree with you here. I can't stand doing HoF but I'll do a toes whenever. I love the 'healer' fights, like dreamwalker, tsulong. So that might be something to do with it!

HoF is horrible doing ToES right after that certainly makes it look better by comparison. As far as the OP saying that 1 of 4 fights isn't fun that kinda shoots a big hole in the argument that it is the best raid ever. If only 75% of a raid needs to be fun to be the best why have so many of us spent so much time raiding?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    That means 25% of the whole raid sucks.

It looks just like Vale of Eternal Blossoms... Beautiful yes, but seen it before, so it's kinda meh.

The raid has 4 bosses and 1 of them sucks.
    I think you see why most people don't like it, don't you?
    One kind of annoying boss doesn't make the whole raid suck. And Lei Shi isn't that annoying compared to the annoying bosses many other raids have such as Garalon, imperial vizier overtuned-as-fuck, and horridon.

TOES was okay but Lei Shi was really, really annoying and it didn't help that Sha of Fear was 18 minutes of nothing followed by a mildly interesting encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    TOES was okay but Lei Shi was really, really annoying and it didn't help that Sha of Fear was 18 minutes of nothing followed by a mildly interesting encounter.
    It's supposed to be a long fight, that's part of the challenge, to see if your raiders can focus and do their job for that long.

I don't think Terrace is a bad raid by any means, but it's main claim to fame is that the shit that is Heart of Fear is finally over.

I really enjoyed that tier, but consider ToES the weakest of the 3 instances. Short and little trash aren't things I like.

It's actually my least favourite of the 3 raids in it's tier... So it's far from the best ever for me.

Sha of fear is just an incredibly dull fight especially on heroic where you have to spend 5 mins to even get the new part of the fight. The way the Lei Shi's hope buff works is also just stupid....

I found Tsu long and Protector's heroic to just be frustrating and Lei Shi wasn't different enough to normal mode to be interesting. I've also never liked 1 room raid instances such as Terrace and TOC because I like to progress through an instance and get to explore things as we are going along.

I think Throne of Thunder is the best raid of this expansion by a very long way. TOF is right up there with BT and Ulduar as 1 of my favourite wow raids ever.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like a lot of trash. Sha was horribly repetative. Protectors too easy. Felt like they squeezed it in due to the lack of time.

It was sooo boring

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    I like a lot of trash. Sha was horribly repetative. Protectors too easy. Felt like they squeezed it in due to the lack of time.
    You thought sha was horribly repetitive...but you like lots of trash.

k

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked TOES well enough. The fact that it abbreviates as 'toes' amuses me endlessly.

I think Throne is the strongest raid so far in Mists (best since T11 which was fantastic IMO) but then, that's just my opinion.

Felt like a larger ToC with better scenery to me. Not even top 20 IMO. And Lei Shi is probably one of the worst boss fights I've ever experienced. It's almost like they wanted to make another Mimiron type fight but couldn't do it and just gave up and just made it annoying.