Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    Rpg books are currently considered uncanon. so it does not hold true for your any race.
    I mentioned this in my post.

DH would play LIKE a rogue its not a matter of lore, its a matter of there are too many classes and they are starting to feel all the same

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    DH would play LIKE a rogue its not a matter of lore, its a matter of there are too many classes and they are starting to feel all the same
    People have been saying this for years now and I still don't understand where they get it from. My mage feels nothing like warrior who feels nothing like my priest healer who feels nothing like my rogue. If they're all starting to run together like this then I recommend you get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    I am fabergasted at how terrible you are for not looking at ingame footage, or even playing the game. Shall we TRY this again?

http://www.wowpedia.org/File:Maiev3.jpg
    http://www.wowpedia.org/images/archi...%21MaievFT.jpg

That is your CANON armor for Wc3, not the artwork that you have. What I posted still stands true.
    So you're telling me that a picture from the RPG books(that still shows plate, not leather) weighs heavier than one from Samwise?
    From that crappy screenshot, the Warden could be wearing anything, but when looking at it ingame it's fairly easy to see that it's actually plate.

Just give it up. It's plate. It's always been plate since the concepts, and they wear it in every single depiction of them there is.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So you're telling me that a picture from the RPG books(that still shows plate, not leather) weighs heavier than one from Samwise?
    From that crappy screenshot, the Warden could be wearing anything, but when looking at it ingame it's fairly easy to see that it's actually plate.

Just give it up. It's plate. It's always been plate since the concepts, and they wear it in every single depiction of them there is.
    I wouldn't really cite Samwise as the most consistent artist or in any way canon.

Please keep in mind that his work is concept artwork, not the source for lore.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../43/Warden.jpg

That's far closer to leather than plate.

It's because Demon Hunters in War3 had an ability called Evasion. And yeah the dual wielding glaives I suppose.

But really a DH is a Night Elf Warlock.

---------- Post added 2013-05-15 at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Soratrox View Post
    I wouldn't really cite Samwise as the most consistent artist or in any way canon.

Please keep in mind that his work is concept artwork, not the source for lore.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../43/Warden.jpg

That's far closer to leather than plate.
    Always looked like Mail to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

A lot of discussion about lore - for example, why have a Demon Hunter spec with no association to Demon Hunter lore such as doing the binding ritual and so on?

Here's a crazy idea. What if in lieu of new races and classes the each class had a class quest in the next expansion (another wildly popular request) to "unlock" their fourth specialization? E.g. Warlocks go through the binding ritual to become Demon Hunters, Rogues go to ... idk, sniper school to learn how to snipe or ranger school to be rangers. Blizzard is a lot more creative than I am of course.

I would love this so hard... I have no emotional attachment to monks or Pandaren, and I will have no emotional attachment to a new race or a new class should they be introduced. I have a LOT of emotional attachment to my rogue though, and hundreds of hours of my life invested in him. THIS is the content I would want. What does everyone think?
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-05-15 at 02:03 AM.

Dunno why the discussion is on Plate all of a sudden.

Armor class doesn't matter in Lore vs Gameplay. Just because it looks like plate does not make it plate. Just because a character is unclothed in source or concept doesnt mean they don't wear armor. Gameplay will dictate what they will wear.

Case in point, look at Thrall wearing Doomhammer plate. He's the greatest shaman ever known. You play a shaman, you're not wearing plate right? Even a regular Shaman unit is wearing only animal hides, which fits with Leather more than Mail (Druids practically wear the same type of furs). There is no lore previous to WoW that dictates that Shamans and Hunters wore mail. It's a game mechanic to balance out armor distribution among classes.

If Wardens wear any type of gear, it will be because of gameplay balance over lore.

---------- Post added 2013-05-14 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Here's a crazy idea. What if in lieu of new races and classes the each class had a class quest in the next expansion (another wildly popular request) to "unlock" their fourth specialization? E.g. Warlocks go through the binding ritual to become Demon Hunters, Rogues go to ... idk, sniper school to learn how to snipe or ranger school to be rangers. Blizzard is a lot more creative than I am of course.
    This idea could work mechanically, but I do not see Blizzard implementing it. The purpose of a Spec is a form of specialization. Demon Hunters are more than just specialized Warlocks. If there is no permanence to those rituals, then there's no point in doing them. If all Warlocks stay permanently blind for all specs, then it doesn't make the ritual any more special than Green Fire. This is why I still think Demon Hunters as their own class makes the most sense. It's sort of like having Death Knights being derived from Warriors. Even if you could make it a playable spec, you can't really make the undeath thing work out.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-05-15 at 04:49 AM.